loona queendom appreciation

• i rarely see any current loona appreciation thread so let me invest my time and soul to introduce yall to one of the contestant for queendom 2...

LOONA - 12 membered group consisting of heejin, hyunjin, haseul, yeojin, vivi, kim lip, jinsoul, choerry, yves, chuu, gowon, olivia hye

list of albums from debut to current [ ++ ], [ XX ], [ # ], [ 12:00 ], [ & ].

title tracks from debut to current hi high, butterfly, so what, why not, PTT ( paint the town )

sub units → LOONA 1/3, LOONA ODD EYE CIRCLE, LOONA yyxy

fandom name is orbit ( its really adorable )

1) concept versatility

heejin alone will kick ass. she slays all concept you can possibly think of - cute, elegant, girl crush, retro, ballad, fresh, teen crush, EVERYTHING

as the center of LOONA and the first member to debut, she perfectly grasps and embodies the concept very well to provide us with the purest, most genuine expression and performance ever

other members may are more inclined towards a certain concept, but overall they all complement each other very well

every comebacks they have are showcasing their concept versatility from cute (hi high) to elegant (butterfly) to girl crush (so what) and so on

whats more is that they are extremely consistent in every comebacks, in which some are having visible improvement

and dont get me even started on their predebut projects........

2) VERY diverse discography

LOONA have the most diverse discography in the entire kpop realm (in my opinion) because with all bsides and predebut solos combined, you can pretty much see every single music genre that is prevalent in the kpop market

they also have their own music identity, which is visible through bsides such as [stylish] [number 1] [colors] [dance on my own] [yes oh i am] [satellite] etc

each albums is also consistently good, generally no fillers especially [ XX ] album, where every song is an untouchable bop and yall are never ready to acknowledge it

for their solos, each members cover a different concept to further amplify their range, and i think LOONA is the only group in the entire kpop history where each members have a solo music video and having a sub-unit (yeojin being a minor exception) .

there are songs for 1-membered, 3-membered and even 12-membered group for the other contestant to cover, such as,

VIVIZ - can cover every OEC songs such as girl front or sweet crazy love

hyolyn - literally any of the 12 solos, with eclipse, singing in the rain or egoist being the obvious choice

kep1er - can shrink LOONA's choreography to fit 9-membered group, with hi high or why not being a suitable cover for them

WJSN - literally LOONA's twin and can slay every ot12 or ot11 songs

3) talent

LOONA is literally filled with raw talents and most of them are probably still hidden. only time will tell when they will unlock and improve them all. they have a pretty much balanced talent, even if some members heavily overshadows each other ( due to mismanagement, ofc )

vocal line - chuu, haseul, heejin, kimlip, yves, jinsoul, arguably choerry

more than half members can sing, and i would say they can still work on their techniques. haseul has a wide range, even if BBC is trying hard enough to hide her by giving her shitty line, center time and even mv screentime. chuu is a literal god-sent, a decent main vocal with impressive voice who still have PLENTY of room for improvement. heejin and jinsoul has diverse tone, where heejin can go deep and soft at different time, fooling you to think that 2 different person are singing. jinsoul is a rising lead-vocal material, and kimlip has a very unique vocal color that is very distinguishable, and honestly her vocal tone is probably the best in LOONA. her vocal color really add spices to their songs. choerry has an angelic tone and everyone should hype her up.

even the non-leads are adding flavor to their songs, such as gowon with her crunchy voice and vivi with her soothing voice. hyunjin also slays slow songs and ballads but BBC is doing a very great job in hiding her from existence. even the maknae line, olivia hye and yeojin are decent enough to sing. overall each members have their own role in every songs, even if the vocal line are sometimes overshadowing the non-vocal line.

dance line - heejin, yves, kimlip, olivia hye, choerry, and arguably gowon, hyunjin or even yeojin

heejin and yves are literally the ACE in their group. their ranks are often interchangeable since heejin improved by MILES since her debut. yves are often acknowledged as the main dancer of the group, but some often say heejin has surpassed her. either way, both of them are a literal golden idol packed with talents. kimlip and olivia hye are also main dancer material, but the only sin they did for not snatching that main titles are debuting with the other top 2 dancers. choerry, gowon and hyunjin also makes a good lead dancer, while yeojin improved so much to almost enter the dance line.

non-dance line are also decent enough to cooperate with the choreography, with jinsoul fooling everyone thinking she is the main dancer since her OEC era. chuu is filled with charisma and will blind you with her cuteness and enthusiastic energy. vivi and haseul may be overlooked by even the entire fandom but they still hold their place with loona's insane choreography.

4) choreography

ethereal. thats it. detailed, unique, impressive. just check out [ butterfly ] choreography to fully grasp what i meant by that. it would be a dream to see other group covering the details of [ butterfly ], or intensity of [ so what ] remix version.

5) visuals

3jin being the main visual ( heejin, hyunjin, jinsoul ) with gowon coming close for having a ethereal and elegant beauty, analogous to a doll. olivia, kimlip and yves can turn every girls into lesbians and chuu can melt every heart with the bright energy. haseul has a sophisticated look and vivi is literally a model before debuting with LOONA. yeojin, being the maknae, have cute and approachable look. choerry is a sunshine with very underrated visual, suitable for her role as LOONA's eternal battery and sunshine.

hyunjin takes the cake for the visual ranking here, with heejin being interchangeable with her. jinsoul is however on another level, but she fits western look rather than korean ones. all three of them forms the holy trinity of LOONA. however, since beauty is in the eye of the beholder, therefore i'd actually prefer gowon's visual. aside from me being her utmost loyal fan, i also fancy her elegance and her charisma. she is really a severely underrated idol, another common victim of BBC's favoritism.

all in all, LOONA deserves everything. they really need to reap even the littlest and slippiest chance in queendom to gain popularity boost similar to OMG's. orbits need to understand how important this is both to them as a group and us as a fan. please support them because they really need to gain korean fanbase since their international ones are quite solid. getting 100 million views for their mv is really a dream comes true, an everlasting achievement to say the least. please support them and if you are non-fans, please take your time to appreciate their talent cause they ALWAYS deliver. i agree that LOONA stans are so damn loud af at twitter during around so what era or around 2019, but that is the only way they can at least make LOONA become known among the general public, even if unfavorable approach is taken. i used to become annoyed with the whole LOONA stuff, but since i opened my heart to watch [so what] or [butterfly] mv, i become severely invested in them, especially with their bsides.

they have 12 members, true, but please do not use that excuse to not stan them. you can stan at least some popular members such as heejin or chuu before immersing yourself with the loonaverse. i stanned gowon first because she has memorable traits, but then i become attached with heejin and choerry. please take your time to acknowledge them because i am regretting myself for not knowing them earlier, thus missing every bumps and rides along the journey. thank you so much and start stanning juseyo

• thank you so much 😭 i forgot about the taglist, i hope that this thread reach out to people

• Thank you!

that is amazing! i was actually going to make a thread on it

but you beat me to it! i really think the girls can do this! :yesr:

I don't think there's an official taglist in place, unless I'm mistaken. It's hard to get the word out to other Orbits sometimes, but let's hope we can change that!

Thank u Superyeah! <3

• great thread!

just a pro-tip for those longer threads

try to put some hella attractive photo somewhere there

or at least one best video normal way, without it being hidden under spoiler

sometimes good thumbnail makes a wonders, and can attract people :)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• great thread!

just a pro-tip for those longer threads

try to put some hella attractive photo somewhere there

or at least one best video normal way, without it being hidden under spoiler

sometimes good thumbnail makes a wonders, and can attract people :)

thank you so much for your insight ! i honestly dont know what pictures to put because it would be lengthy to fit all 12 girls into the thread but if you have some of your personal favorite then please drop it here ! especially gowon hehe

• Add me!

• I think people get scared off following Loona because of Twitter Orbits tbh, but I highly recommend r/Loona as in the subreddit. It's actually a much calmer place, well moderated, and generally a more open place to newer orbits. I've been on r/Loona from 2016 and I find it a much better place overall.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!