Miyeon is Irene's successor

• As one star falls, another must rise. Obviously Irene ruled the 3rd gen as visual. But on this new era Miyeon is taking the role she had now that the public is no longer as favorable to Irene, or as she now wants to be called Juhyun.

Miyeon has been getting the following:

1) increased brand rankings, entering the top 5

2) acting role in a webdrama

3) MC in a major music show program

4) considered a standard visual

I expect Miyeon's popularity to keep rising, she's already considered one of the top visuals of the 4th gen

EfP5NPiUwAAQ6WT.jpg

• WOAH I can't stop staring at this picture wow

ღ Happy Birthday / 10.18.2005 ღ

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

• Official Post

Really doubt anyone is going to reach Irene's peak though. Her face was plastered all over Korea and would literally be compared to Seolhyun, Yoona, etc. Only Hwasa and Jennie are bigger/around the same level of Irene at her peak.

Even if she's less popular than she was before, that doesn't erase her impact in Korea.

• And? irene was more famous in korea cause she was always pushed by sm, jisoo is the top visual from 3rd gen for many. She's part of the biggest gg and her popularity will only skyrocket with her drama and more cfs. Miyeon is pretty as well but g-idle just are not on the same level of notoriety

I'm not just talking about popularity level, but reason why they are popular

Seolhyun was nowhere near as popular as Yoona or Suzy if you count everything but she's still in the pantheon

Similarly, Miyeon doesn't need to be popular around the world or be in a global best selling group. What matters is that for the people that appreciate Irene type visuals, they will go for Miyeon next

• I'm not just talking about popularity level, but reason why they are popular

Seolhyun was nowhere near as popular as Yoona or Suzy if you count everything but she's still in the pantheon

Similarly, Miyeon doesn't need to be popular around the world or be in a global best selling group. What matters is that for the people that appreciate Irene type visuals, they will go for Miyeon next

I don't think it's that simple nor I see that it factor in miyeon, but we will know soon enough I guess

• She's also going to be a DJ for her own radio show.

While Soyeon is the best all around ace in Kpop, Miyeon is the bright shining star of Gidle, the second greatest visual in Kpop right now behind only Mina. Her visuals, personality, voice. One of a kind. TBH, i never look at anyone else whenever i see the group perform except sometimes Soyeon.

• And? irene was more famous in korea cause she was always pushed by sm, jisoo is the top visual from 3rd gen for many. She's part of the biggest gg and her popularity will only skyrocket with her drama and more cfs. Miyeon is pretty as well but g-idle just are not on the same level of notoriety

Lmao. That Idol survey says otherwise. Irene was chosen as top visual in 2018 and has been 2nd place for 3 years now. No one else maintained a high ranking for 3 years. Yoona topped it and went down places next years, Tzuyu topped it and went down places the next years. Jisoo is pretty but Irene is the top visual of 3rd gen. Don't know why you guys try to delude yourselves.

• Personally not that impressed with Miyeon or any of the 4th gen visuals we have now. I think Arin would have inherited it if she was in a 4th gen group. Arin has the Suzy look.

• from a korean standpoint-

idk why some people are bringing up hwasa, jennie, or jisoo because none of those three are on irenes level as a visual (as in: how her face is used/seen in korea. not saying she’s prettier than them)

if she were to have a visual successor from 4th gen, so far it is obviously miyeon (and she’s already being recognized for such). koreans die for a face like hers. when gidle get bigger, it’ll become more apparent. it’s her type of visual that is perfect for korean taste

disclaimer btw i’m not a nevie or miyeon stan. just saying it as i see it.

• Lmao. That Idol survey says otherwise. Irene was chosen as top visual in 2018 and has been 2nd place for 3 years now. No one else maintained a high ranking for 3 years. Yoona topped it and went down places next years, Tzuyu topped it and went down places the next years. Jisoo is pretty but Irene is the top visual of 3rd gen. Don't know why you guys try to delude yourselves.

These idols surveys are people voting for their friends, bp never attend anything so they have no contact with most idols. They werent even on the list of "most anticipated groups in 2021" yet whenever they comeback people in general are excited about their stuff and the rest flop.

I dont think there is much point in us arguing about stuff that hasnt happened yet but I find more deluded thinking idle will get much bigger when they debuted 3 years ago and are almost at the same point, and no youtube ads cant be counted as growth

• These idols surveys are people voting for their friends, bp never attend anything so they have no contact with most idols. They werent even on the list of "most anticipated groups in 2021" yet whenever they comeback people in general are excited about their stuff and the rest flop.

I dont think there is much point in us arguing about stuff that hasnt happened yet but I find more deluded thinking idle will get much bigger when they debuted 3 years ago and are almost at the same point, and no youtube ads cant be counted as growth

Why are you bringing up idle when the discussion here is Miyeon and Korean public visual recognition

• Why are you bringing up idle when the discussion here is Miyeon and Korean public visual recognition

Cause the group they are from matters to some extent, irene wouldnt be nearly as big if she was part of say dreamcatcher instead of red velvet. I'm debating how I don't think the successor needs to be from a 4th gen group, normal people outside of forums don't care about that bs. Most of your post is wishful thinking anyways, feel free to quote me when it happens, which I doubt

• Cause the group they are from matters to some extent, irene wouldnt be nearly as big if she was part of say dreamcatcher instead of red velvet. I'm debating how I don't think the successor needs to be from a 4th gen group, normal people outside of forums don't care about that bs. Most of your post is wishful thinking anyways, feel free to quote me when it happens, which I doubt

DC would be in the top 10 GGs if Irene was there. That visual would hard carry the popularity of the group. You underestimate the importance of lookism to SK and the level Irene's visual is to SK. She's the ideal visual for them. Lmao

• Cause the group they are from matters to some extent, irene wouldnt be nearly as big if she was part of say dreamcatcher instead of red velvet. I'm debating how I don't think the successor needs to be from a 4th gen group, normal people outside of forums don't care about that bs. Most of your post is wishful thinking anyways, feel free to quote me when it happens, which I doubt

The 3rd generation is already well established. There’s no question Irene, Jennie, Tzuyu, etc are top female idols in their respective categories. Many people say Tzuyu is as pretty or prettier than Irene, but the Korean public prefers Irene style of visual despite Twice being more successful than RV. So there’s a category for non-standard and standard visual in Korea.

The 4th gen as a whole is just starting to become more prominent at the top. Their time to fully shine will come in a year or two. When that happens there will be a line of top visuals that represents their era. They will include Yuna, Wonyoung, Miyeon, Yiren, Karina, Heejin and any other acclaimed 4gen visual. Miyeon is the most likely to take Irene’s category as top standard visual. And right now there’s parallels between Irene’s and Miyeon’s rise: trending for visual/nose, MC in music show, acting. Once Miyeon starts getting CFs it will be undeniable. It took Irene 4 years to get a major solo CF

• Why do people keep mentioning Jisoo, is Jisoo 4th gen? Jisoo is in the same generation as Irene and in Korea despite everything that’s happened , Irene still has more recognition as a visual than her so she can’t be a successor even saying jiso should be a successor to Irene is kinda belittling considering they are of the same generation.

I kinda agree with op, miyeon is the oldest of the 4th gen visuals just like Irene , I see wonyoung and yuna like the tzuyu of 4th gen in terms of reverence of visuals but let’s wait and see what’s in store for miyeon

<3:borahae: YUNAGAYO   <3 :borahae:

img.gif

• The 3rd generation is already well established. There’s no question Irene, Jennie, Tzuyu, etc are top female idols in their respective categories. Many people say Tzuyu is as pretty or prettier than Irene, but the Korean public prefers Irene style of visual despite Twice being more successful than RV. So there’s a category for non-standard and standard visual in Korea.

The 4th gen as a whole is just starting to become more prominent at the top. Their time to fully shine will come in a year or two. When that happens there will be a line of top visuals that represents their era. They will include Yuna, Wonyoung, Miyeon, Yiren, Karina, Heejin and any other acclaimed 4gen visual. Miyeon is the most likely to take Irene’s category as top standard visual. And right now there’s parallels between Irene’s and Miyeon’s rise: trending for visual/nose, MC in music show, acting. Once Miyeon starts getting CFs it will be undeniable. It took Irene 4 years to get a major solo CF

Bolded: they arent. Okay you keep talking about an utopian world which hasnt happened yet, we have been waiting for 4th gen to be on top for a while, the reality shows 3rd gen is still miles ahead in every sense. Don't quote me again with more mental gymnastics, do it when what you are saying becomes a reality

• These idols surveys are people voting for their friends, bp never attend anything so they have no contact with most idols. They werent even on the list of "most anticipated groups in 2021" yet whenever they comeback people in general are excited about their stuff and the rest flop.

Only SM group that voted this year was Nct127. Irene still in 2nd place so.. :pepe-tea:

• Only SM group that voted this year was Nct127. Irene still in 2nd place so.. :pepe-tea:

I didn't know you could only be friends within the same company. And irene is an special case since her face has been everywhere for years so she's naturally very popular. I don't see your point, these surveys are still mostly irrelevant and not a representation of the whole country. Also please stop quoting me this discussion is already over and got bored of it lol we can keep going forever and I don't have the energy

• I didn't know you could only be friends within the same company. And irene is an special case since her face has been everywhere for years so she's naturally very popular. I don't see your point, these surveys are still mostly irrelevant and not a representation of the whole country. Also please stop quoting me this discussion is already over and got bored of it lol we can keep going forever and I don't have the energy

Who is she friends with here? Lmao

(G)I-DLE

ITZY

NCT 127

Kang Daniel

NU’EST

THE BOYZ

MAMAMOO

MONSTA X

BTOB

SEVENTEEN

STAYC

Stray Kids

Secret Number

IZ*ONE

ENHYPEN

OH MY GIRL

LOONA

CHANGMO

CRAVITY

TXT

TREASURE

PENTAGON

Her maintaining her high ranking is just 3rd gen TOP visual behavior

• :| I really don't see what got you so bothered here, nowhere am I refutting irene has been the top visual in korea, doesn't mean I agree with op about miyeon or using that survey as a reliable source for people who are not irene

• This thread contains 27 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!