it is possible for 4th gen group to reach 700k-1M uls on melon within 24 hours ?

• No. Nowadays 700k-800k+ is IU numbers as melon users have decreased. 500k is huge for idol groups these days after the song has come out for sometime.

โ˜…ยธ.โ€ขโ˜†โ€ข.ยธโ˜… ๐‰๐ˆ๐’๐Ž๐Ž โ˜…โก€.โ€ขโ˜†โ€ข.โ˜…

e2ab9f65c50ad7b933ecb52f941f1493d96d8704.gifv 38f275b68632fbb8a30ab7a0fce5512059a80556.gifv2aa8ee22f2804d638330929636b03d1a3375e4f7.gifv61eb8841d60cd80c1298efc34ab05d6279af9b9a.gifv2aa8ee22f2804d638330929636b03d1a3375e4f7.gifv4d43f06e62bc91bae199a1e0752740ea19fda0f9.gifv e2ab9f65c50ad7b933ecb52f941f1493d96d8704.gifv

ย ย 

• isn't 2020 the last year any korean artist was able to get 1m? I don't remember anyone getting it last year, melon users keep going down overall

• No, melon has declined quite a bit and isnโ€™t what it used to be. As others have already said not even THE IU is reaching these numbers nowadays.

• Is it possible - yes, well anything is possible.

Is it probable - No

IU did 800K+ with Celebrity, Lilac. 700K+ with Strawberry Moon. She has been the bar for many years now.

(Pieces songs aren't truly a commercially promoted songs, nor should songs like Mother Nature H2O/ Ganadara used to rate her own proper comeback scores, even those get to 300-400K)

BTS averages around 400K+

Aespa NL got to 400K, if I remember correct.

So a hit song nowadays is 300-400K. Only IU has been reaching 700-800K

For a 4th gen group or anyone to beat that, it would take a viral hit, not just a regular hit. (Rollin was 600K+, though it is not truly the first 24 hours for the song). But the problem is viral hits will not be known in the first 24 hours.

Just the fandom can't do it. GP must be hyped up with a massive pre-release promotion and then a confluence of timing - nothing else happening etc., all that is needed,

So possible, but not probable.

Maybe if Melon buys out couple of other platforms and increases its market share. However then 700K will not be the bar.

The bar at this point is a regular promoted IU release.

• I mean, IU did 800K and sheโ€™s the literally the ceiling.

1M will likely never happen again. Only Big Bang & BLACKPINK hit 1M+ ULs even when 700k-1M was normal for big groups with GP hype.

I guess BP could hit 500K-600K depending on the hype, but I donโ€™t know. Itโ€™s all assumptions.

• Not possible as it stands today.

Only ones who have been able to do 700k+ after 2020 july is IU and yoo jaesuk projects.

But im not sure even that is possible these days with how the charts have looked the last few months 600k might be the ceiling.

The only other i could see have a shot atm is bigbang, but hard to say in their case after all these years.

No, back in say 2018-early mid 2020 Melon had roughly 8.8 million monthly subscribers. In 2021 it was reported that number had fallen below 5 million.

Look at the UL's now, for about 6+ months it's been possible to top the chart with less than 300k UL's. The chart just isn't the market dominator it once was. It's still the number 1 chart in Korea, but it's falling well short of those numbers.

When was the last time say IU even got 1m UL's? I think 550k is sort what I would consider smash hit now, like 800-900 thousand 2-3 year prior.

Reported numbers differ wildly tho and none knows the absolute numbers except kakao. There was also a recent report that said melon still had 40% market share, same one that said youtube was now over 20%.

Last time someone did 1m+ was IU with eight in may 2020.

Id agree with 500kish being the new smash hit level.

• Oh yea, for sure their userbase has shrunk and so it has overall for all services, question is how much it stands at today. All reports i have ever seen on numbers and market share have been estimations, often based on surveys done on installed apps on cellphones, which has it flaws.

If you can find the links id be interested for sure, could be something i havent seen.

• Aespa NL got to 400K, if I remember correct.

Next level peak was 507K ul

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

โœฉWe Born with the X-Geneโœฉ

#aespa from Chill Kill #aespa from Chill Kill

• I wish Gaon started tracking ULs across charts, but the problem is people might have accounts in multiple charts, therefore distorting the statistics. Fandoms can get to such things.

• Next level peak was 507K ul

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

In the first 24 hours? I thought it picked up speed later.. but anyway, it is definitely a hit.

• I wish Gaon started tracking ULs across charts, but the problem is people might have accounts in multiple charts, therefore distorting the statistics. Fandoms can get to such things.

Yep, Gaon is not trustworthy anymore. Everyone uses Gaon as the best indicator of digital success but with these kinda fandom shenanigans, we're all better off sticking to Melon 24 Hits, Daily, Weekly and Monthly charts.

FCMOX7aXEAQKJsF.jpg

Participate now!

Donโ€™t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!