My Kitty has passed away

• every few months he would have some symptoms and i'd take him to the vet they'd give him antibiotics and he would get better for a month, they found some fluid in his belly and all his symptoms suggested he had Feline Infectious Peritonitis. Well as of 10 minutes ago i was laying with him and he...took his last breath.

I just lost my furry kid...i've never been so broken hearted

274967325_3176505812607076_10051432343228399_n.jpg

• I hope he is happy up in cat heaven and playing with a bunch of catnip up there. I used to have a cat I loved so, so much, but she passed away, so I think I kind of know how you feel. It's an awful thing to go through because cats can feel like an extension of the family and even if you get a new one, they never fully replace the old one, they are just good in different ways. I hope you're able to feel better so and if there's anything at all I can do to help, let me know and I'll be happy to do it.

• I hope he is happy up in cat heaven and playing with a bunch of catnip up there. I used to have a cat I loved so, so much, but she passed away, so I think I kind of know how you feel. It's an awful thing to go through because cats can feel like an extension of the family and even if you get a new one, they never fully replace the old one, they are just good in different ways. I hope you're able to feel better so and if there's anything at all I can do to help, let me know and I'll be happy to do it.

he was my first cat in 17 years. I adopted him and i loved him so much. this hurts my heart i took him to the vet yesterday afternoon and i would have had his results today or monday the latest, i gave him, some medication a few hours early because he was crying and i thought it would help his discomfort. I laid down with him and he suddenly started to sound like he was about to vomit so i went to get a towel and he did and then he just stopped moving. i pushed him gently i called his name and that was it. he was gone. It tears me to pieces. that cat was my world and my first pet in over 17 years.

• My condolences. She is now at a place where she will never feel any pain anymore.

thank you

I'm so sorry Jenn 😔😔😔😔😔 </3

thank you.

i'm so traumatized right now, that was something i never thought i'd see. i've been there when my animals had to be euthanized but nothing like this. I keep wanting to blame myself

• I know how you feel. I had to get my cat put down in 2014 at the age of 16. She had kidney failure, it was the worst thing I ever had to do and I still haven't been able to get another one and doubt I ever will. She was a second child to me, and was a good cat who I had had since she was a 6 week old kitten that had been abandoned. It does get easier as time passes but a pet becomes a part of the family and is always hard. In fact, that's one of the reasons why I am hesitant to get another pet as one day they become old and sick and you have to do the act all over again.

• I know how you feel. I had to get my cat put down in 2014 at the age of 16. She had kidney failure, it was the worst thing I ever had to do and I still haven't been able to get another one and doubt I ever will. She was a second child to me, and was a good cat who I had had since she was a 6 week old kitten that had been abandoned. It does get easier as time passes but a pet becomes a part of the family and is always hard. In fact, that's one of the reasons why I am hesitant to get another pet as one day they become old and sick and you have to do the act all over again.

I had my other cat since she was a kitten and she had a chronic urinary tract infection and was sick and i had to euthanize her. But this one was only about 10 months old and possibly had a contagious disease that he either got from his mother or the kennels. I adopted him back in November, and every couple months he would get sick and his blood would be fine and we'd give him antibiotics and he'd get better it would last a month or so and then same thing again, only this time...it was worse. he lost 3 lbs, he had fluid in his abdomen, he wasn't eating, and he just wasn't...him....they ran the FIP test and bloodwork and i was going to get results today or monday I didn't expect him to just go like he did. and how he looked and how i saw it has left me traumatized. i can't even describe how he looked. He was my first cat in 17 years and i loved him more than anything.

• I had my other cat since she was a kitten and she had a chronic urinary tract infection and was sick and i had to euthanize her. But this one was only about 10 months old and possibly had a contagious disease that he either got from his mother or the kennels. I adopted him back in November, and every couple months he would get sick and his blood would be fine and we'd give him antibiotics and he'd get better it would last a month or so and then same thing again, only this time...it was worse. he lost 3 lbs, he had fluid in his abdomen, he wasn't eating, and he just wasn't...him....they ran the FIP test and bloodwork and i was going to get results today or monday I didn't expect him to just go like he did. and how he looked and how i saw it has left me traumatized. i can't even describe how he looked. He was my first cat in 17 years and i loved him more than anything.

I'm sorry to hear all that. :-(

• I'm sorry to hear all that. :-(

Thanks and sorry about your kitties too :( it's hard when you're depressed in rl and that one thing that brought you joy just leaves you so suddenly. I don't know how i'm going to cope with this.

he was named after LTMs_Sammi He was special to me like she is as my best friend. It's so hard :(

• I'm so sorry... it's really heartbreaking. He was really beautiful! <3

I know how hard it is to lose a pet, they really do become family. I just 4 months ago got a kitten after not having a pet for 5 years since I was so heartbroken by my lovely cat back then passing away. At least your cat is not in pain now, and even though it's very sad and you'll always remember him, you'll heal with time

9bed704675346b2296d7f8bf4f7dbb7673cc0412.gifv   40eca24aacd0326eb0b0cba6ff58da5d99f79156.gifv

• I am so sorry to know that you have just recently lost a precious friend, no amount of words can describe sorrow like this.

Losing a pet is like losing a part of yourself in a way.

These pets are there for us when we are just trying to live through life, so they see the vulnerable sides of ourselves that we wouldn't dare to share with others.

And that makes them so lovable and important for us, a bond that cannot be expressed with simple words.

I sincerely hope that your cat is now able to rest in peace knowing that they were to have a good life with someone special. That special person is you.

It will be without a doubt, hard to even go on with time. But you always can come to me and other users here to talk about your feelings <3<3:borahae: we love you so much and are grateful to know that the spirit of this lovable friend was able to bring you love and joy when you needed it most.

work in progress

• I'm so sorry... it's really heartbreaking. He was really beautiful! <3

I know how hard it is to lose a pet, they really do become family. I just 4 months ago got a kitten after not having a pet for 5 years since I was so heartbroken by my lovely cat back then passing away. At least your cat is not in pain now, and even though it's very sad and you'll always remember him, you'll heal with time

So sorry to hear that kittyCry at 2x May he be in a good place now :pleading:

im so sorry :crys::crys::crys:

he looked like a real cutie

I'm so heartbroken for you Jenn. I know what it feels like to lose a kitty and also how awful it feels to see them sick and not be able to help them. 😢 I'm so sorry.

Thank you all so much for the kind words. Our vet called and said he had some problems with his liver and the fluid wasn't in stomach itself but between the lining and his skin. It's positive that he passed away from Feline Infectious Peritonitis. He described it as like aids in humans, it starts off as HIV and may be dormant and manageable for a bit but once it turns into aids it's mostly downhill. This disease just hits rapidly and once it did, he had no chance. There was nothing I could do for him. It just hurts so bad, i loved that cat so much and he helped me with my depression. He gave me so much in the 4 months I owned him, and he was only 10 months old. I remember posting on here the first time he was sick asking for some advice, since I couldn't get him into a doctor right away. He would get better temporarily on meds and go back downhill. This time it was just too far gone. I am glad he's pain free, but I just won't be able to get that image of how he died out of my head for a while. I see it when I close my eyes, and it is eating me up inside. It's not something I ever thought I'd have to see and it's extremely traumatizing.

• Thank you all so much for the kind words. Our vet called and said he had some problems with his liver and the fluid wasn't in stomach itself but between the lining and his skin. It's positive that he passed away from Feline Infectious Peritonitis. He described it as like aids in humans, it starts off as HIV and may be dormant and manageable for a bit but once it turns into aids it's mostly downhill. This disease just hits rapidly and once it did, he had no chance. There was nothing I could do for him. It just hurts so bad, i loved that cat so much and he helped me with my depression. He gave me so much in the 4 months I owned him, and he was only 10 months old. I remember posting on here the first time he was sick asking for some advice, since I couldn't get him into a doctor right away. He would get better temporarily on meds and go back downhill. This time it was just too far gone. I am glad he's pain free, but I just won't be able to get that image of how he died out of my head for a while. I see it when I close my eyes, and it is eating me up inside. It's not something I ever thought I'd have to see and it's extremely traumatizing.

Of course, our deepest condolences for your loss are from the deepest of our hearts <3

The cause of death is incredibly sad to process, as it is a cruel way to end one's life.

I cannot imagine how you must feel knowing that with the condition of your cat, there was little to no other option than to watch him slowly perish from this world. It must truly be the most heartbreaking and traumatic experience one should never go through.

I am grateful however that through your pet's life, he was able to provide comfort and deep love to you when life was hard.

I want you to know that your cat was extremely lucky to get to have a life with you as their sole happiness.

Please, let me and others know what we can possibly do to help you get through this time

Wishing you peace, comfort, and strength during this difficult time <3:borahae:

work in progress

• Thank You ♥ I have been up since 2 am i wish I could sleep but i can't close my eyes ahhh i'm so tired v.v

• I'm so sorry for your loss! I have a kitty who is now 17 and I'm coming to terms with the fact that we probably don't have much time left together.

It is such a hard thing to lose them, I can only imagine your pain rn.

• I'm so sorry for your loss! I have a kitty who is now 17 and I'm coming to terms with the fact that we probably don't have much time left together.

It is such a hard thing to lose them, I can only imagine your pain rn.

aww poor old kitty :( I hope you still have many more years left

• Thank You ♥ I have been up since 2 am I wish I could sleep but I can't close my eyes ahhh I'm so tired v.v

Anything for you, because you mean that much to me <3:borahae:

And I understand, as getting sleep doesn't really seem to be in suit for such a painful and hard time.

You are most likely reminiscing on the memories of your cat, and in which I hope are beautiful memories

I just hope you know that the spirit of your friend will forever live on, they will never be gone from the heart.

Perhaps I suggest to listen to some music? Maybe something calm like listening to rain sounds.

And like I already stated so many times, please continue to reach out if you want or need help. As we are always here for you and supporting you

work in progress

• I can imagine how heartbroken you are, having lost a furbaby myself. I am so sorry for your loss, but I believe with all my heart the our furbabies knew how much we loved them until their very last - and I know they loved us too. I share your grief but thank you for being a loving mama to that furbaby. RIP.

• I can imagine how heartbroken you are, having lost a furbaby myself. I am so sorry for your loss, but I believe with all my heart the our furbabies knew how much we loved them until their very last - and I know they loved us too. I share your grief but thank you for being a loving mama to that furbaby. RIP.

Thank you, Ves! Ugh my first cat after 17 years and this happens i feel cursed ;(

• Thank you again . It will take time to grt used to him not being here. Im moving to a new state in 6 days that may help me take my mind off things

• I'm so sorry for your loss! My sincerest condolences!

Losing a pet is always horrible, no matter their age, but I think when they're so young it just breaks your heart even more, even when you know that there was nothing you could've done to help them.

I lost my first cat to liver failure so I remember well what it's like to have to watch a beloved pet slowly decline. It's been ten years and I still cry when I see pictures of her or watch videos of us.

I guess what I'm trying to say is... Don't feel bad for being sad or feeling awful right now. It's normal and it's important that you allow yourself to cry. The time you had together was short, but he'll always have been a part of your life now. Nobody can take that away.

• Thank you i am glad he's pain free it just came so suddenly and i just hated watching him suffer.

• thank you

thank you.

i'm so traumatized right now, that was something i never thought i'd see. i've been there when my animals had to be euthanized but nothing like this. I keep wanting to blame myself

That breaks my heart.

It's not your fault!

• That breaks my heart.

It's not your fault!

I know, I just feel horrible that he suffered. But there was nothing I could do, he had that Feline Infectious Peritonitis and they go downhill fast.

• I know, I just feel horrible that he suffered. But there was nothing I could do, he had that Feline Infectious Peritonitis and they go downhill fast.

I know... I know how it feels.

But you did your best :borahae: I'm so sorry that he had to suffer :-(

• I know... I know how it feels.

But you did your best :borahae: I'm so sorry that he had to suffer :-(

Thank you, me too, i had just taken him to the vet and he just went downhill within hours

So sorry for your loss, I don't even want to imagine how you must be feeling right now, my kittens are so precious to me and I always fear losing them. Hope you get strength to cope up with this loss.

I feel horrible, mostly because I watched him die, which is the most traumatizing thing i've ever been through and every time i close my eyes i see that face and i just can't sleep

• I understand how you feel, it's gonna stay like this forever, it's like losing a family member. If you don't mind me asking, how are you planning to bury it?

He died 2am on the 19th, and that morning around 8am my father took him to a veterinary 24/7 hospital so they could dispose of him properly. He sat in the garage in his carrier the whole morning was just so terrifying to see, i had to go check on him to make sure my head wasn't playing tricks on me

• Oh I'm so sorry. He was such a handsome boy and got to know a warm and loving home. He was comfortable and loved. That is the dream of every shelter animal (I have shelter kitties myself!) and he got to spend this part of his life warm and dry, safe and not having to fight for his life. None of that makes this any easier, I know. Our fuzzies bring so much into our lives - that unconditional love, always right on time - and our lives are better for the time we spent with them. Again, my condolences to you.

:pepelove1:

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• Oh I'm so sorry. He was such a handsome boy and got to know a warm and loving home. He was comfortable and loved. That is the dream of every shelter animal (I have shelter kitties myself!) and he got to spend this part of his life warm and dry, safe and not having to fight for his life. None of that makes this any easier, I know. Our fuzzies bring so much into our lives - that unconditional love, always right on time - and our lives are better for the time we spent with them. Again, my condolences to you.

:pepelove1:

Thank you for the kind words, and he was definitely the most spoiled kitty. he had so many toys, and treats, and everything. He loved his cat tree and sitting on my windowsill. my mind keeps thinking i hear his collar jingle when i don't. ugh so hard i am really so tired or something.

• He died 2am on the 19th, and that morning around 8am my father took him to a veterinary 24/7 hospital so they could dispose of him properly. He sat in the garage in his carrier the whole morning was just so terrifying to see, i had to go check on him to make sure my head wasn't playing tricks on me

I'm sure he's in a better place now and he was happy being in care of people who loved him deeply in his life. You did your all, it's sad reality that we can't control death.

• I'm sure he's in a better place now and he was happy being in care of people who loved him deeply in his life. You did your all, it's sad reality that we can't control death.

My veterinarian said this disease is something he got from his mother. When I adopted him, they told me he had a brother who got adopted before him. I can't imagine if he's sick as well and what those people are going through. It's so sad :(

• This thread contains 19 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!