Happiness vs O.O - which got more hate at debut & which do you prefer?

• I think both are pretty similar when it comes to the circumstances surrounding their debut. Somewhat anticipated debut by a big3 GG kinda unfortunately affected by weak timing, the members themselves didn't get any hate or backlash(at least until Yeri joined in RV's case) but the song is generally disliked & deemed as underwhelming & also underperformed relative to most people's expectations. Plus also external factors that fuel the flames like NMIXX plagiarism accusations & the Hiroshima/ 9/11 imagery with RV etc

Which song do you think got more hate & which one do you prefer?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• In my recollection, Red Velvet's debut was heavily criticized, but the dislike of the song didn't feel quite so ... dang near unanimous as O.O's does. RV had a lot of other criticism around why the debut was rushed, what was SM covering up, and some questionable imagery (eye roll) in the video, and while the song was divisive, there seemed to be a larger percentage of people who liked it vs. O.O.

Funnily enough, from what I'm seeing with O.O is that the song seems to be a lot more disliked, but the girls seem to be getting a lot more support than I recall Red Velvet getting. I don't remember large swaths of people going "Wow, I hate this song, but Wendy seems really talented, so I'm going to stan anyway."

Hopkinz might remember better than I currently am, so correct me if I'm crazy here.

let's be friends

e9b8a6c6366aecb3faf71dcc6b4488775b109abb.gif

• wow they actually are quite similar in the level of having a (little too much) experimental sound.

The only knock I can think of for both of them

O.O's beginning serves a lot better as an anti-drop tbh

and Does happiness use sped up tracks for the raps or is that actually how fast they rap? it sounds sped up by a hair.

• the difference is Happiness is actually a great song. i dislike O.O with a burning passion i literally hate everything about that song, it checks off the list of all my icks. it is godawful and i love some of y'all who like it but ur deaf fr.

if O.O has 7 billion haters, i am one of them.

if O.O has a thousand haters, i am one of them.

if O.O has ten haters, i am one of them.

if O.O has one hater, it is me.

if O.O has no haters, then i am no more, deceased and six feet under.

if Tank has 7 billion fans, i am one of them.

if Tank has a thousand fans, i am one of them.

if Tank has ten fans, i am one of them.

if Tank has one fan, it is me.

if Tank has no fans, then i am no more, deceased and six feet under.

Edited once, last by FeLiNa ().

• I wasn't there when Happiness was released and I'm not a big fan of the song but it's miles better than O.O and doesn't deserve as much hate :danceb:

• Happiness was just chalked up to bad timing but the song itself didn’t even come close to the hate O.O is getting.

Also Happiness by the Great Wall of China in terms of song >>>>>>>>>>>

~ ω

• Just wanted to elaborate on why Sones and MeU gave RV the cold reception at the time.

Sones and MeU at the time didn't really welcome them with warm hugs and kisses, when RV had their controversies there isn't much support to shield them. RV was the first 3rd gen girl group among the Big 3 (SM, YG, JYP) at the time so obviously other fandoms (especially the JYP and YG fandoms) were not very fond of the idea that a SM girl group is taking the lead for the 3rd gen girl groups, they downplayed their debut and overexaggerated their controversies every chance they got. I mean why wouldn't they?

MeUs cold reception towards RV is because at the time f(x) wasn't promoted well by SM. And the group itself had a member that had minor controversy. Not to mention f(x) (debut 2009) still didn't have a fandom name when RV already debuted 2014 August. They officially had their fandom when RV was over 1 and a half years old at 2016. Their frustration was obviously there. Look at Drew_B even to this day.

Sones on the other hand had their suspicions of members discord within the group even well before the RV debut. During live concerts and talk show broadcasts they have seen some tensions between Taeyeon and Jessica. During the Mr Mr era Feb 2014 was when the tension became abit more visible. Sones obviously wanted to keep that on the down low and didn't want to bring it up for other Kpop fandoms to come and take a dig at SNSD. While SM be announcing they are debuting RV and debuted them August 1st 2014. Then September 30th 2014 (aka 930, aka shit hit the fan) happened where Jessica announced by herself that the members kicked her out of the group on social media even before SM said anything officially, just 2 months after RV debut.

And so the public comments started rolling in on how RV is a rushed group and a cover up group for both f(x) and SNSD.

Hence why MeU and Sones gave the cold shoulder to RV at the time. Sones were literally having all their attention on 930 fallout during RVs first and second year while MeU were bitter on how f(x) was ignored and neglected by SM while Sulli was harassed by online community for dating Chioza (dating controversy at August 19 2014) and later left the group August 2015.

All very close to RV debut timeline.

That's the point.

Both Sones and MeU were preoccupied with their own sets of problems and they didn't like the existence of RV at the time.

Another evidence that RV was a rushed and a cover up group was their very first MV, you can literally see the SM girl group rookies in the video and also Yeri's addition to the group March 2015.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!