I seriously want to get inside JYP's head to understand what's going on

• It honestly seems like the guy is completely out of touch with reality.

His new GG failed to enter charts. This comes at the time when his other groups also struggle on charts. Look, I am not a freaking CEO, but as a logical thinking person I'd look at this and acknowledge a problem. Then I'd try to understand the problem and its roots. Then I'd try go fix it. That's what a logical person would do.

Why is this guy, this whole company so OK with this situation? Why is there no damage control?

• What kind of damage control do you think they should be doing?

• I don't think there's a possible damage control other than a good comeback

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I want to get into everyone's heads that think JYP is personally responsible for everything at JYPE, even though he hasn't been the CEO of JYPE since 2011, and his name shows up nowhere in NMixx's music as responsible for lyrics, production, or composition.

But go off.

let's be friends

e9b8a6c6366aecb3faf71dcc6b4488775b109abb.gif

• absolutely no idea what group you're referencing, but several things:

1) How do you magically make a group chart better? Change their songs? It's not a super easy fix lol. Popularity is fickly, and hard to master

2) Charts ain't everything, especially not the charts of 1 country. Plus digital streaming makes you no money. Tours, merch, and by extension your fandom is probably the best way to make cash.

• It’s their fault for making themselves the face of their company

Like fr your stage name is jyp and you name your company jype?

Literally does not matter wether you blame the man or company themselves they are both shit at the end of the day

It's a personal pet peeve of mine that JYP gets blamed for everything JYPE does, even though he's not been in charge of the company for more than a decade. And for all your branding talk, YG and SM are both also named after their founder. Hell, people literally called Yang Hyun-suk "Papa YG" and he only just stepped down as CEO in 2019, but you don't see people making angry threads about how he screwed over Bang Yedam's solo or whatever.

let's be friends

• I want to get into everyone's heads that think JYP is personally responsible for everything at JYPE, even though he hasn't been the CEO of JYPE since 2011, and his name shows up nowhere in NMixx's music as responsible for lyrics, production, or composition.

But go off.

???? when we talk about JYP we talk about the company we all know he doesn’t make all the decisions but at end he still the head of the company.

You’re defending him as if he’s paying your bills.

• ???? when we talk about JYP we talk about the company we all know he doesn’t make all the decisions but at end he still the head of the company.

You’re defending him as if he’s paying your bills.

I'm responding to OP specifically calling out the person, not the company. And he isn't the head of the company, he hasn't been for more than a decade.

I'm not defending him from shit, but if you want change for something, you should be mad at the person who actually has control or was even involved in whatever you're pissed about.

let's be friends

But go off.

He makes all decisions. It is confirmed multiple times in Twice interviews. Like when they said they all had to persuade him to release Cry For Me which became very popular among fans.

• I'm responding to OP specifically calling out the person, not the company. And he isn't the head of the company, he hasn't been for more than a decade.

I'm not defending him from shit, but if you want change for something, you should be mad at the person who actually has control or was even involved in whatever you're pissed about.

Well If you think he doesn’t make the final decisions what are we supposed to say. :wellr:

• absolutely no idea what group you're referencing, but several things:

1) How do you magically make a group chart better? Change their songs? It's not a super easy fix lol. Popularity is fickly, and hard to master

2) Charts ain't everything, especially not the charts of 1 country. Plus digital streaming makes you no money. Tours, merch, and by extension your fandom is probably the best way to make cash.

How do you expect a girl group that doesn't chart to sell albums? It is the songs that put you out there, make you known to public, not album sales. GGs without digital charting are losing out on CFs, invitations and etc. You have no idea how things work.

You make groups chart better by choosing better songs, according to multiple people not juat songs you like, which is what JYP does.

• change song selection process. Aka stop choosing everything yourself. JYP according to what we know makea all decisions.

Ok so are they supposed to cancel everything and run back into the studio to record a new song? jfc they've only been a promoting group for like two weeks. Shouldn't you at least wait until the first comeback before going all in on the handwringing concern posting?

• Ok so are they supposed to cancel everything and run back into the studio to record a new song? jfc they've only been a promoting group for like two weeks. Shouldn't you at least wait until the first comeback before going all in on the handwringing concern posting?

Ehh? Who said that?? Of fucking course I AM TALKING ABOUT NEXT COMEBACK. Are yall drunk here?

• Maybe the guy is tired of being in charge. At his age all the pressure for the job must be bad for his health, and why for? He must be very rich by now. Or maybe he don't have much control over the company anymore and the people in charge have Bad taste (I mean, Scientific and Loco we're Kinda meh, and O.o was worst) Or maybe the guy is senile.

• Maybe the guy is tired of being in charge. At his age all the pressure for the job must be bad for his health, and why for? He must be very rich by now. Or maybe he don't have much control over the company anymore and the people in charge have Bad taste (I mean, Scientific and Loco we're Kinda meh, and O.o was worst) Or maybe the guy is senile.

No, it is him. All of them. Especially NMIXX since it is their debut, he wouldn't trust no one. I personally think he is out of touch with modern music but tries to be. He definitely thought NMIXX is something modern audience would like. He was clearly very wrong about it.

• Ok so are they supposed to cancel everything and run back into the studio to record a new song? jfc they've only been a promoting group for like two weeks. Shouldn't you at least wait until the first comeback before going all in on the handwringing concern posting?

They can cut down the period of promotions. And make a comeback in three or four months. And if the comeback is better we all can pretend O.o never happen :pepe-excited::pepe-excited:

But go off.

I never buy nmixx album but i buy itzy & twice album and this op is true even tough he sometimes never composed or making lyrics for twice & itzy his name will be under their gg albums as producer. Example in itzy crazy in love there's no single song composed by jyp but he is the producer of crazy in love album. If i'm not mistaken jype song committee (jyp+jype director) choose their artists tittle track by blind test, no one know who composed the song they choose with voting

• well their comeback can't be worse, so there's gonna be an upgrade. that's smth I guess

I think twice music is still good tho and itzy songs aren't bad either (I didn't like icy and mafia tho)

• change song selection process. Aka stop choosing everything yourself. JYP according to what we know makea all decisions.

I don't think jyp makes all the decisions for all his groups anymore. Stray kids are basically self produced and nmixx has their own division with a new female creative director that is apparently handling everything to do with the group.

I do agree about changing the song selection process tho. Last time I checked songs were chosen through a committee at jyp and they vote for title tracks. Clearly that process isn't working because some of these song choices are extremely questionable.

• How do you expect a girl group that doesn't chart to sell albums? It is the songs that put you out there, make you known to public, not album sales. GGs without digital charting are losing out on CFs, invitations and etc. You have no idea how things work.

You make groups chart better by choosing better songs, according to multiple people not juat songs you like, which is what JYP does.

Meh. Kpop's getting more international these days, and fandom based girl groups are becoming more common. And you don't need Korean digital charts to sell albums lol, look at all of the recent boy groups.

Better songs? What's the metric for that? And do your "multiple people" really predict what the trends of the public will be? I'm not saying knowing the game is impossible, but it ain't easy.

• I do agree about changing the song selection process tho. Last time I checked songs were chosen through a committee at jyp and they vote for title tracks. Clearly that process isn't working because some of these song choices are extremely questionable.

Yep, and I'm curious as to what happened. The dropoff is real and dramatic.

• the song was somewhat decisive but they have good album sales so there's that and the general consensus seems to be that tank is pretty well liked

so learn from the situation and come back next time with something better?

• i think squ4d wanted to do something funky and experimental as the new jype division, like show how modern and creative they are or whatever even if i still stand by them trying to make jype aespa. but they just.......did very poorly. from the song choice, to the actual song production, the lyrics, the concept, just all poor choices.

i'm wondering if they're going to look at how nmixx has done on the charts and completely change it up for the comeback. maybe it was intentional to generate attention, like the song is bad so people will listen, and when it comes time for the comeback they'll blow everyone out of the water....but that's likely very wishful thinking.

idk. i feel bad for nmixx. not even their name was completely original. but i guess album sales is all they care about, and company stans will hard carry the group :wellr:

ɪ

cf2178e469192fe5d3974a86c101545f41e74afb.gifv

• i think squ4d wanted to do something funky and experimental as the new jype division, like show how modern and creative they are or whatever even if i still stand by them trying to make jype aespa. but they just.......did very poorly. from the song choice, to the actual song production, the lyrics, the concept, just all poor choices.

i'm wondering if they're going to look at how nmixx has done on the charts and completely change it up for the comeback. maybe it was intentional to generate attention, like the song is bad so people will listen, and when it comes time for the comeback they'll blow everyone out of the water....but that's likely very wishful thinking.

idk. i feel bad for nmixx. not even their name was completely original. but i guess album sales is all they care about, and company stans will hard carry the group :wellr:

Why the name is not original?

• This thread contains 2 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!