How do you feel about Teddy-produced music (Blackpink, Somi,…)?

• Teddy is a polarized producer. Some says he’s an one trick pony, others hail him as the Korean Max Martin or Mozart. What’s your opinions on his music? Is he a genius or is he not on top of his game anymore?

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I personally enjoy his style of music, however it sounds very interchangeable. Many of his songs could be swapped between different artists and they would still sound very similar.

"Gashina" is one of my favorites of his that manages to sound unique to Sunmi (I couldn't imagine anyone from Blackpink or Somi singing it).

• He has some good songs and some bad songs but production quality is probably the best in kpop probably due to YG having really good equipment. On terms of charting Teddy produced songs seems to do pretty well considering how long he's been around.

• teddy has his hits or misses. But I don’t understand when people be like Teddy has no diversity on its sound when most of the time producers have all a signature sound. The problem is that YG artists work with the same producers unlike other companies. So their music is more polarized.

• I would agree that he's not the most diverse,but his production quality is undeniable.

I agree! He has a style that he uses for basically a lot of his produced songs.

Many producers explore different styles of music production but this style is almost his signature.

But he always makes amazing songs :claps:

I'm personally not a fan of this style of music but hey, it made me stan Blackpink and become a big fan of Somi so it definitely served.

ღ Happy Birthday / 10.18.2005 ღ

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

• Never been a fan of his music even way back in 2nd gen lol save for 1 or 2 songs :pepe-cringe: and i think crediting all his success to his “musical genius” without acknowledging yg’s branding strategy that has nothing to do with music contributing a non-insignificant part to it is short-sighted

• As said before, not the most diverse producer but he found his own music identity. You just know when a song is produced by him.

Still, I think YG should hire a broader team and stop relying on Teddy for hits and titles 'cause their music is getting saturated and less unique (I mean in terms of each group sounding unique).

• So far, I have liked every one of his Blackpink songs(except for d4 remix, what the hell was that teddy?).

So I do enjoy his musical output(well, only Blackpink's and Somi's, they rest not so much).

I also like some of Somi's songs(especially anymore though it is not produced by Teddy). Opposite to what others say, I honestly can't see Blackpink or Somi doing each other's songs.

They both might have beat drops and what not but honestly, they still have their uniqueness. I can tell whose song it is.

• I liked his songs when I was new to K-pop, but over the time his sound became too predictable and repetitive to me, so I lost interest.

• He's decent I guess. He occasionally tends to recycle alot of his songs/use the same formula for many of his songs though.

It works anyway seeing how 90% of the songs produced by him end up being hits. His songs are great but I'm not going to praise him as some genius when that's far from the truth. He seems to be stuck in a certain time period when a specific sound was all the rage. Songs like Lovesick Girls or XOXO sound straight out of 2013. That's why 2NE1's discography aged poorly for me, most of it is VERY of it's time.

Anyway the real Korean Max Martin are BEP.

• "one trick pony". Teddy has literally had a hit song for almost every major artist he has worked with, from 1st to 4th generation. And, no, they don't all sound the same.

1TYM, Big Bang, 2NE1, Blackpink, Sunmi, Somi. Teddy is objectively one of the most consistent hit makers in the industry.

Bang Bang Bang and Kill This Love got me into kpop before I knew it was a thing.

The Five Horsemen Of The Apocalypse
    BP2.jpg Very-Very-Very-Smaller.gif BP1.jpg

Edited once, last by hammerstan ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!