National: Biggest It-Girl of all Time

• Either IU or Suzy. I was a Miss A fan and know a lot how big Suzy was even though I didn't actually liked her.

IU is still as a popular as ever and will continue to be, the sons of my sons will stan her in the future.

• Suzy coming with the endorsement (cf), magazine photoshoot, and being the queen of idol-actress , her solo is not bad but well now she's mostly an actress though..

IU coming 2nd for me with her cf, magazine photoshoot and lot of her song topping the korean chart

Yoona come 3rd

and Jennie the the front runner for the 3rd gen in the 4th rank..

:siptear:

• No hwasa? She gets invited to have lunch with the president and sold out goods on a national scale...

IU and hyori are the biggest then come Suzy and yoona and Jennie is the closest we have to a cf queen. Though hwasa and Lisa out number jennie in cfs she is the only one directly named as Suzy's successor plus a lot of brands renew with her.

Jennie's the closest we have to a cf queen she was one of the highest paid celebrities with bts and Suzy in 2021.

Desbundar

• IU bc she has done well in every single category

Lee hyori after it bc in her solo career she got many hits but never dip into acting

The other like Suzy or yoona are weird case, like Korea likes them but to many of their dramas flop and they don't tune in the music they put once in a lifetime. Jennie is too new, she just have solo but I doubt she will ever go into acting

The other well..yep

• No hwasa? She gets invited to have lunch with the president and sold out goods on a national scale...

IU and hyori are the biggest then come Suzy and yoona and Jennie is the closest we have to a cf queen. Though hwasa and Lisa out number jennie in cfs she is the only one directly named as Suzy's successor plus a lot of brands renew with her.

Jennie's the closest we have to a cf queen she was one of the highest paid celebrities with bts and Suzy in 2021.

Her recent solo did so bad and her tv shows make no noise, it's like her light stop shinning along mamamoo

• Her recent solo did so bad and her tv shows make no noise, it's like her light stop shinning along mamamoo

Not really she still has cfs,and her appearances heck even Instagram posts trend on the k side or make noise.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Only difference she's more of a hyori whereas jennies more of a Suzy.

Desbundar

• "It" ness, is not about successful comebacks, though that helps/triggers. It is public perception, best confirmed by CFs.

And among CFs, Soju brands.

And 'it' ness, constantly changes, when younger and younger girls debut. Only the rare cases defeat even that.

IU and Suzy have done that. Still given that Suzy has pretty much stopped being a singer, I would give the edge to IU.

• IU dominates literally everyone. The girl has never not had at least 1 or 2 hits a year. And not puny, "Oh, it was in Melon top 10 for like 6 weeks hits." But number 1 instantly every time she releases a song for like the last 5 years I have known about her plus always like a million ULs within a couple of days.

She's also had a couple of hit dramas AND she is the model for the biggest soju brand. She is above and beyond. No one is touching her.

I think Suzy, Yoona, and Jennie come next. Suzy is only above Yoona because I think she is a bit more relevant now while before they used to be equal. And Jennie, reigns over 3rd gen, but IU and Suzy have been topping for like 2 generations.

(I voted for Seolhyun and Lee Hyori though. Seolhyun because her peak was crazy. She had people stealing cardboard cutouts of her, and Lee Hyori because even though she is not active now, whenever she comes back, she makes a splash. She's been relevant for like 3 generations. She is an icon.)

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• Problem with the term is it has no real clear definition and everyone making up their own, popularity? cfs? gossip? peak? soju model?

Popularity wise IU is a wall still today that none else is really close to touching, and has been for the better part of the last decade. Lee hyori heyday was mostly before 2010, but she was basically IU level or above even at her peak. These two also happens to be the longest running soju models for the biggest brands in korea, hyori with five years and IU on her seventh currently.

Excluding those, id go with Suzy/Yoona/Seulhyun followed by irene/jennie....

Here is some google trend data (yes, its not perfect by any means but better than nothing):

pasted-from-clipboard.png

pasted-from-clipboard.png

• Another data point

One of the five was an "It" girl a decade ago in 2011 and still gets included in such surveys with 4th gen idols.

So if the question is "all time", IU is definitely the "it".

• External Content youtu.be

Bae Suzy, the first Korean female to have a Wax Statue by Madame (Marie) Tussauds, she also has a Nation's Title as Nation's First Love, the others on the list that have a Nation's Title that you have posted are IU, Yoona and I think Lee Hyori.

BTW, there is no such title as Nation's IT Girl in SK.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!