[theqoo] [JTBC] We would like to put a statement regarding the controversy surrounding drama "Snowdrop" ft. dump

• [theqoo] [JTBC] WE WOULD LIKE TO PUT A STATEMENT REGARDING THE CONTROVERSY SURROUNDING DRAMA "SNOWDROP" ft. DUMP

This is JTBC’s statement regarding controversy about the drama “Snowdrop.”

Following the broadcast of “Snowdrop,” controversy is not dying down based on false information, so we are releasing a statement.

First of all, the background and motif for important incidents in “Snowdrop” are the time of military regime. With this background, it contains a fictional story of the party in power colluding with the North Korean government in order to maintain authority. “Snowdrop” is a creative work that shows the personal stories of individuals who were used and victimized by those in power.

There is no spy who leads the democratization movement in “Snowdrop.” The male and female leads were not shown as participating in or leading the democratization movement in episodes 1 and 2, and they do not do so in any part of the future script.

Most of the misunderstandings regarding concerns of “history distortion” and “disparaging the democratization movement” criticized by many people will be settled through the progress of the drama’s plot. The drama includes the production team’s intent of hoping for no repetition of an abnormal era in which individual freedom and happiness are oppressed by unjust power.

Although we unfortunately cannot reveal much of the plot ahead of each episode, we ask that you watch over the future progress of the plot.

In addition, in order to hear the valuable opinions regarding JTBC’s contents, we will listen to diverse voices by opening the portal site’s real-time chat window and the official viewers’ message board.

The main values that JTBC aims for are the freedom of content creation and independence of production. Based on this, JTBC will continue to contribute full effort into showcasing great broadcasts.

original post: here

1. They're portraying real victims without their agreement, and they've been committing secondary assault since episode 2. To be honest, they're even trying to justify the perpetrators and mix history all together. Who cares about how the story will unfold?... They're just b*llsh*tting

2. And you're not going to talk about beautifying the NSA???????????

3. Looks like they're trying to hold back before Disney+ cancels their contractㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Disney+..................ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Don't ever set foot in Korea again~~~~~

4. First of all, the background and motif for important incidents in “Snowdrop” are the time of military regime. With this background, it contains a fictional story of the party in power colluding with the North Korean government in order to maintain authority.
    ....? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ What the f*ck?ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

5. >>JTBC are Disney+ are taking the lead to distort Korean history<<
    If we do not abolish Snowdrop and prevent its transmission around the world, they will not be able to handle the anger of the people of Korea who value the spirit and sense of respect towards the nation.

6. They're f*cking pissing me off. You've already committed secondary and tertiary assault, until when are you going to stop?

7. They keep insisting on the ''let's wait to see how it unfolds"... So are we going to wait until the last episode?

8. They're making the victims suffer again, this is straight up the mindset of an assailant

9. Those trash, they can close their eyes to anything with that Chinese money

10. How can they call this simple misunderstanding?

[theqoo] [EXCLUSIVE] LEE HANYEOL MARTYR SIDE "SNOWDROP IS HISTORY REVISONISM, THE SAME AS GLORIFYING NAZIS"

image.png

image.png

The late martyr Lee Han-yeol's representative was also furious over the JTBC drama 'Snowdrop', which caused controversy over historical distortion and military regime beautification.

Lee Kyung-ran, director of the Lee Han-yeol Memorial Foundation under the Lee Han-yeol Memorial Foundation, said on the 21st, "It was an insult to the martyr Lee Han-yeol as well as the many citizens who devoted their youth [to our democratization]" Director Lee Kyung-ran said, "First, the democratization movement, including the Gwangju Uprising, is a resistance movement against the dictator's massacre of citizens and seizing its power. Associating it with North Korea in the story itself is a distortion of history and an insult."

He added, "Just like how Nazis have no statute of limitation and anyone who worships them should be punished. Distorting and insulting the Gwangju Uprising and the pro-democracy movement should also be punished.". "The current controversy is just like worshipping Nazis."

He also pointed out the lack of historical awareness of the production team of 'Snowdrop'. Director Lee Kyung-ran emphasized, "If a drama like this is made without that level of historical awareness and social awareness, you have to take responsibility for it."

The fact that ‘Snowdrop' was being aired and sold to overseas OTT (online video service) was also seen as a serious problem. Director Lee Kyung-ran said, “Everyone shares the same opinion about the Nazis around the world, but there are still people who view the democratization movement with a distorted view. Going out to the market is a big problem.”

Director Lee Kyung-ran said, "It is only natural for the public to be outraged and ask for the withdrawal of advertisements and starting a petition."

source: http://naver.me/Fjlkf1Gj

1. Scrap it right now

2. They should seriously apologize to the bereaved families

3. I'm so upset

4. Sighㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ This is seriously crushing meㅠㅠ

6. Scrap it

7. We need to scrap this. So many people have came out calling it distortion of history. They don't need any more proofs. Just scrap this

8. It's all because of those Ilbe groups and US fandom

9. I blame the US fandom

10. Apologize and scrap it

• [theqoo] JTBC, 'SNOWDROP' IF WE CAN'T RESOLVE THIS, IT'S THE END

JTBC’s Saturday and Sunday drama ‘Snowdrop’ is surrounded by enemies. Within two episodes of the broadcast, the number of petitions demanding its abolition surpassed 300,000. Companies that have started supporting production are also taking a ‘breaking ties' stance. At the time production was in full swing, several companies had already announced their intention to suspend or withdraw support for production. After episodes 1 and 2, the number of companies that stopped or withdrew support for production is increasing. Disney+, which purchased the OTT programming right for Snowdrop, is also watching the situation to see if it will lead to a sharp decline in the number of subscribers.

Thanks to this, JTBC's worries have deepened. Paying close attention to the possibility that the ‘Snowdrop’ boycott movement may spread into the ‘JTBC boycott’ movement. However, they have no intention of abolishing ‘Snowdrop’ right now. JTBC cannot easily decide on any issues, given the huge production cost and the issue of compensation for damages. It also aims for a "reversal" according to the development of the play. They promised that in the second half, they won't portray situations that will lead to concerns. But the distrust has already deepened.

[...]

The same goes for production presentations. Director Cho Hyuntak's remarks raised controversy. Talking about how this issue seems to infringe on creative freedom. If so, where is the legal basis that creative freedom can be used to distort or glorify history? We have no choice but to ask again where was their sense of responsibility. Rather than settling the controversy and creating a process of persuasion and understanding our viewpoints, they are once again trying to cover up.

Even if people pointed out that their method was wrong from the beginning, JTBC and the production team remained the same. The statement released on the 21st also said, “Once you see it, you know it” like a parrot. JTBC said, "Following the broadcast of “Snowdrop,” controversy is not dying down based on false information, so we are releasing a statement. First of all, the background and motif for important incidents in “Snowdrop” are the time of military regime. With this background, it contains a fictional story of the party in power colluding with the North Korean government in order to maintain authority. “Snowdrop” is a creative work that shows the personal stories of individuals who were used and victimized by those in power."

[...]

I'm curious. I would like to ask if, at least once, did you find a sufficient validation for your work by visiting democratization organizations before production? If you did, the evidence would be there. If not, it is like talking about freedom of creation without even making any effort to gather opinions during the production process. Yes, they said we will know if we watch the show. But why should viewers work hard to get rid of misunderstandings after watching the work? This is in a state of controversy as there have already been scenes of concern in just two episodes of the broadcast.

It is self-evident that if we do not solve the ‘Snowdrop’ problem, we will fall into a deep pit. It is disastrous if a broadcaster, that has already largely lost its channel influence after the growth of the OTT market, loses audience trust as well.
    Even YouTube content that was doing well will obviously lead to cancellation of subscriptions. There is no excuse for the survival of the show. There is a reason the majority opposes it. It is also up to JTBC and the production team to persuade us. Without even persuading us, the “minority opinion is important” method only causes chaos. Something happened and it is JTBC's responsibility to rectify it. There is only one choice left, whether to overcome the controversy and come up with an explanation that everyone can accept, or whether to abolish the work entirely.

And JTBC should know. The phrase 'you know when you watch the broadcast' started as a remark to prevent spoilers before the broadcast, and it's not a word to say in a situation where the controversy has grown even after the second episode has already been aired.

source:  https://entertain.v.daum.net/v/20211221124410908

1. What a good article

2. Wow I'm gonna stop watching Sing Again too, I'll start boycotting JTBC

3. Stop bullsh*tting, I've already cancelled my subscription to JTBC channel, let's cancel the channel entirely

4. I'm deleting JTBC's channel

5. "Freedom of expression"ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ They're really buying into their own bullsh*t? So you're okay with freedom of expression even if it means distorting history and hitting the victims in the chest again????? They're just psychopaths. Do you think killing people twice is a freedom of expression?

6. Episode 1 and 2 has already distorted history so much, just scrap it!!!

7. Let's boycott the channel!!!!

8. With they statement, they made me want to boycott the channel all together

9. For real, why would I watch a drama when my husband was tortured and died for the democracy movement, when here, they're portraying the same democracy activist but giving her a love story with a spy???? You've already outed yourselves crazy f*ckers

10. "To make a story line with a connection to North Korea is already in itself distortion of history" (T/n: NSA gave the excuse to torture student under the pretext they were North Koreans, there were no actual North Korean issues during the democratization movement)

[theqoo] THE LIST OF ADVERTISERS THAT PULLED OUT IS INCREASING

T/N: In red = pulled out

image.png

image.png

Let's keep the fire up

1. Disney + is the biggest issue here, we need to crush it

2. If Disney+ didn't collect the production fees, it would've been an easy task

3. Disney+ is still there???

4. The moment Disney+ pulls out, it's over

5. I'm not going to stop f*cking calling them

6. What is Disney_ doing?

7. There are still a lot of businesses that haven't woken up

8. Fighting fighting

9. Let's decrease it even more

10. I just called them

• [theqoo] CONTROVERSIAL 'SNOWDROP', WORRIES OVER ITS SUCCESS ON DISNEY+

image.png

Despite the controversy over distortion of the democratization movement, the drama 'Snowdrop' succeeded in the early box office at the global OTT Disney Plus. While it seems to be the effect of the Kpop representative group Black Pink Jisoo, some were concerned about the overseas popularity of historically distorted dramas.

According to 'Flix Patrol', an online content service ranking site, JTBC's Saturday and Sunday drama 'Snowdrop' ranked 12th in the global streaming rankings as of the 20th. It ranked 2nd in Hong Kong, Singapore, and Taiwan, and received a better response in Asia, such as Korea 3rd and Japan 5th.

[...]

An article titled "Why the KDrama "Snowdrop" is EXTREMELY Problematic" was posted on Reddit, a famous American community, on the 19th.

The author informed the controversy over the distortion of the history of 'Snowdrop' in Korea and introduced the history of the May 18 Gwangju Democratization Movement in detail. He also pointed out, "What if you saw a romance that portrays the Nazis as likeable beings in a Netflix series and glorifies him?"

[...]

source:  https://entertain.v.daum.net/v/20211221170003929

1. Boycotting Disney+

2. I don't watch Disney+ though

3. I'm boycotting Disney+ entirely

4. Can Disney+ wake up already.... What are they doing? It feels like they'll never realize

image.png
    "Stop hiding, come out and answer.
    Boycott Disney+
    Belittling democratization movement. We are boycotting Disney+ for broadcasting drama Snowdrop that is distorting our history."

6. Who even watch Disney+ in Korea?ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

7. Nobody watches Disney+ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Shouldn't it be #1 instead? Who even watches Disney_?ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Disney+ is just a f*cking flop

8. They couldn't even achieve #1 in Korea? Even after all their advertisements, they couldn't achieve #1? Isn't this a total flop? Disney+ should be Disney-?

9. F*ck you Disney+

10. There's nobody to boycott Disney+ in the first place so I thought it would be #1... Any Korean drama can do well over there

[theqoo] [EXCLUSIVE] JTBC'S EXECUTIVES & SNOWDROP'S PRODUCER RECEIVED A COMPLAINT FOR VIOLATION OF THE NATIONAL TREASURY ACT

An official complaint has been filed against the JTBC drama 'Snowdrop', which has been engulfed in history distortion and military regime beautification controversies.

On the 21st, it was confirmed that a complaint was filed against JTBC president Hong Jung-do and director Jo Hyun-tak, and writer/director Yoo Hyeon-mi, who wrote 'Snowdrop', to the National Newspaper for violating the National Treasury Act.

The accuser, A, said on the same day, "JTBC took the position claiming that there are no spy involved in the democratization movement, which is absurd." "It is clear that they are depicting just that. A spy living in Korea with the background of democratization movement, developing a romance story."

He continued, “Spies themselves are being sent to the South for the purpose of confusing Korean society and causing internal conflict as they leave. Isn't the story itself glorifying and justifying the actions of spies by telling a story about them leading normal lives when deployed in Korea?"

He continues "If you have a general understanding of history, you would've set a fictive country, with fictive characters. However, in Snowdrop, they were caught introducing real characters in real history."

"President Hong Jung-do is responsible as the general manager of the broadcasting company, while writer Yoo Hyeon-mi and director Cho Hyun-tak are responsible for writing and directing the story."

A adds "I want the media with huge power to be held accountable."

source:  https://entertain.v.daum.net/v/20211221164616425

1. We support you!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. They're also beautifying spies!!!

3. Right, they're also beautifying spies

4. You can tell he's educated. We support you

5. We support you. This was a good post

6.. Wow this affair is growing bigger and bigger

7. Of course if you beautify spies, you are violating the National Treasury Act

8. Let's go

9. Ah please scrap it! Thank you

10. This guy is seriously so smart

[theqoo] SIM SANGJUNG SPEAKS ON SNOWDROP

T/N: Sim Sangjung was one of the five major presidential candidates in the 2017 South Korean presidential election, running as the Justice Party's nominee. She is currently a member of the 21st National Assembly and was the leader of the Justice Party from 2015 to 2017 and 2019 to 2020.

T/N: We will translate the tweets, but will not post all the tweets there

Not long ago, in response to the death of Chun Doo-hwan (t/n: elected military dictator de facto, he was the one who led the military during Gwangju uprising. Snowdrop depicted a character very similar to him in the drama), I said, 'We must constantly reflect on whether the era of Chun Doo-hwan is over.' Watching the controversy over the drama Snowdrop, I realize that what I said is now reality, not a warning anymore. I'm sensing that [the drama] is attempting to re-evaluate harsh era behind Chun Doo-hwan as well as Chun Doo-hwan himself.

It is rather a problem if you do not see the issue in a drama featuring a pseudo-Chun Doo-hwan who is portrayed as the godfather of the mafia, a spy who infiltrated the movement, a righteous NSA, university students who show no worries about what is happening around them, etc.. We must remember Chun Doo-hwan who manipulated us with his spy agenda, and the torture that have continued for more than a century. The victims are still alive.

If we are to shine a light in this harsh era, the protagonists should be ordinary citizens who shed blood, sweat, and tears for the democracy of the Republic of Korea, not on the NSA and spies of the South in the dictatorship. There is already a good precedent: 〈Youth in May〉. Creative freedom should be humble in the face of the wounds of history.

1. "The victims are still alive."

This sentence alone should justify why we need to cancel the drama. She spoke good words, thumbs up

2. "The victims are still alive.
    Creative freedom should be humble in the face of the wounds of history."

3. I don't necessarily support Sim Sangjung, but she really spoke well this time👍🏻 I'm dumbfounded at the sight of other assembly members shutting their mouths over this issue

4. They should stop hiding behind the excuse of creative freedom and take responsibility.

5. The victims are still alive

6. It's the truth!!!!👏👏👏👏

7. The people who are still watching this drama are just certified poop brainedㅋㅋㅋ

8. That's right~

9. Creative freedom? You know this is only possible thanks to the democratization movement?ㅋㅋㅋㅋ The victims died for you to have this freedom, yet you're using it like that?

• [theqoo] ?????: BLACKPINK FANS ACCUSING THE FAMILY OF THE LATE MARTYR PARK JONG-CHEOL FOR BUTTING IN AND TRYING TO GAIN SYMPATHY AROUND THE WORLD

"Now, Blackpink fans are talking about the bereaved family of the late Park Jong-cheol intervening to gain sympathy from people around the world. Are you really crazy?"

image.png

image.png

The foreigners are seriously hopeless

1. Wow they're seriously crossing the line...They've gone insane

2 Just why in the hell do you think you have the right to speak on another country's history? Just go study it instead. There's a line you shouldn't cross, and you've crossed it? Let's report that user.

3. This person doesn't even know who Park Jeong-cheol is and is spurting crap from her mouth

4. ㅋㅋㅋ They've crossed the lineㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ F*ck they're not even joking at this point? Who are they trying to touch now?

5. They're seriously dogs, going all crazy over a drama

6. Wow... She's crossed the line far beyond

7. They've crossed the line F*ck

8. You can trust me in skipping Blackpink in the future

9 F*ck I want to smack her

10. BlackPink's fans are seriously crazy with their cyber bullying. I don't want to see BlackPink promote in Korea anymore, f*ck off overseas

[theqoo] HOW FAR PEOPLE GO TO PROTECT SNOWDROP

They released a petition to keep broadcasting Snowdrop
    IT's called "JTBC drama 'Snowdrop'. The truth about numerous fabrications and distortions surrounding it"
    image.png

Any Korean citizen is able to sign the petition
    However, if you're not Korean, the language you sign in will be automatically updated to your own language

image.png
    Just like the comment above, there are a lot of foreigners who signed it

image.png

By default, the phrase "I agree" is entered in the national petition, and comments can be posted when you click Agree.
    Nevertheless, I was tearing up seeing all those foreign fans cheering for the drama in their own language.

But why did foreigners appear in the national petition?

This was because a 'Korean' fan who wanted to protect Snowdrop provided guidelines to 'foreign' fans to participate in the petition.
    (Currently, the account is protected and she changed her ID.)

image.png

The fans who didn't want to stay still and turn into fools, went to sign the petition and shared the links around with the way to sign it.

image.png

If you search "sign snowdrop" you'll find all the foreigners who are sharing the petition.
    They're not only sharing the petition above, they're also sharing other petitions to protect Snowdrop
    image.png

as of the present time,
    About 2,700 people signed the "JTBC drama 'Snowdrop'. The truth about numerous fabrications and distortions surrounding it"
    About 3,600 people agreed with "The truth behind Snowdrop drama"

Perhaps it was because about 900 more people joined, and I was able to see comments written in foreign languages more frequently than in the petition above.

image.png

image.png
    (T/n: the Korean comment was written by a foreigner)

Petition with 300K people who signed to cancel Snowdrop:
    https://www1.president.go.kr/petitions/603194

1. Does it make any sense that even foreigners are able to sign our national petition?? The Korean and international fans are seriously short sighted... Why are they making this issue bigger?

2. Are you guys Korean citizens?

3. From fangirling to destroying a country

4. No but they're not even citizens, why are foreigners singing our petitionsㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ This is dumbfounding

5. F*ck you

6. It's called a "National" petition for a reason

7. BP are the worst

8. Do they think that this will solve anything? F*ckㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

9. This is seriously legendaryㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

10. They're so crazy into their fangirling, they're ready to destroy a country

• nah you guys are so… it’s never been about Jisoo i promise you they don’t gaf about Jisoo. they’re mentioning her here because it’s Blinks that harassed someone who’s family was a victim of this

you guys are Kpop fans yet will not listen to korean’s complaints. this is about the history of a country that’s not ours ffs

or is it kpop over morals now

• No, YOU are the problem. After all these threads and explanation and you still think that people hate Snowdrop due to BP is just mind-blowing. Her co-star botched an interview and got most of the hate but due to people like you, not getting the hint, Jisoo receives most of the hate now. Please educate yourself instead being so ignorant

I'm not sure how the show- even if its writing is ill-advised- is going to "destroy a country." This is a very intense reaction..

Because it's fueling right wing conspiracy theories ahead of March 2022 presidential elections in Korea. Snowdrop airing collides with campaign. Far-right in SK is growing in strength, amount of young Korean males turning into incels is growing at alarming rate (You know those women hating brigades that slander idols for any trace of feminism or An San the Olympic archer?-remember her?) . In general they're women haters/

Please read the full article under the link and look at the numbers.

Why So Many Young Men in South Korea Hate Feminism
    Loss of privilege has driven an ugly turn to the hard right.
    foreignpolicy.com

Screenshot 2021-12-22 at 07-08-45 Why So Many Young Men in South Korea Hate Feminism.png

Ilbe incel forums are promoting and celebrating the drama, bet one of those users wrote this "informative" blog post denying the distortions in drama that fans happily spread around.

This is way deeper than just some discourse about drama itself.

For more context:

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Plus the writer of Snowdrop seems to be a right-winger as well...

• IF Jtbc has even a shred of wisdom they should cancel the right away. Story does not matter. No matter how the drama unfolds it will just get hate from Koreans and this could be very threatening for the career of cast involved.

• Plus the writer of Snowdrop seems to be a right-winger as well...

Yeah there's so much to unpack I forgot to include her- there's whole article on her as well

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

+original (click on "A" and choose USA flag to translate to English

[단독] '설강화' 유현미 작가, 과거 집필도우미로 윤석열 지목
    [스포츠경향] JTBC 드라마 ‘설강화’를 둘러싼 역사왜곡·민주화운동 비하 논란이 가열되면서 극본을 집필한 유현미 작가에게 비판의 시선이 쏠리고 있다.‘설강화’를 집필한 유현미 작가의 이력은 방송 시작 전부터 논란이 지속돼 왔다. ‘설강화’ 시놉시스 공개 당시부터 드라마 배경과 캐릭터…
    entertain.v.daum.net

Given those circumstances I'm not really suprised the outrage reached such scale.

• No, YOU are the problem. After all these threads and explanation and you still think that people hate Snowdrop due to BP is just mind-blowing. Her costar botched an interview and got most hate but due to people like you, not getting the hint Jisoo receives most of the hate now. Please educate yourself instead being so ignorant

Okay so if the problem is not Jisoo then why all the back lash against Blackpink? Just because they are supporting her?

I think they are supporting the fact that she got a role as an actress and not the fact that she's in a role that she may or may not have known it was controversial and if even she knew wasn't she the one they picked for the role?

Then whose fault is it? The production crew? Then they are the ones who should be called out. Not throw hate at Blackpink.

And for the record you didn't need to isult me just for that. I'm the last person on this forum to get pissed and insult people. I'm sorry if I sounded agressive in my comment it was just getting it off my chest :sadface:

• IF Jtbc has even a shred of wisdom they should cancel the right away. Story does not matter. No matter how the drama unfolds it will just get hate from Koreans and this could be very threatening for the career of cast involved.

bold of you to assume jtbc cared about these actors’ reputation at all :pepenomad: this drama’s entire purpose was to spread propaganda for the right wing party in korea leading up to next year’s election, given how jtbc itself is sponsored by a conservative newspaper headquarter, and the drama’s writer herself is a right wing supporter as well. They went one step further by gunning down and getting an idol with a crazy huge fanbase involved who would go to all lengths to defend their fave and this drama by association, and jtbc wouldn’t have to lift a finger in the process. Look no further than this thread and other similar ones for exhibit A. With all this bad press and jtbc still declares they’d continue the drama? It’s become painfully obvious their only purpose is to get this propaganda drama out there, its actors reputation be damned. They clearly dgaf about that

• Okay so if the problem is not Jisoo then why all the back lash against Blackpink? Just because they are supporting her?

I think they are supporting the fact that she got a role as an actress and not the fact that she's in a role that she may or may not have known it was controversial and if even she knew wasn't she the one they picked for the role?

Then whose fault is it? The production crew? Then they are the ones who should be called out. Not throw hate at Blackpink.

And for the record you didn't need to isult me just for that. I'm the last person on this forum to get pissed and insult people. I'm sorry if I sounded agressive in my comment it was just getting it off my chest :sadface:

I am not even insulting you. It’s a fact that the fans are the problem of this whole controversy. It’s bigger than BP. No one cared about Jisoo except some salty stans or the usual negative comments. There are literally so many comments made by fans like you trying to brush over this whole controversy over when it is in fact deeper than you or others might think. Please take time and read this and the articles. I found this comment on reddit and it showcases from another perspective how bad the NCA was. People are not doing it for Jisoo. They are doing it for incidents like this. People lost their life, whole families were shunned by the society or even killed because of jokes or propaganda. I am not Korean but I have family from Eastern Germany where there was a similar regime after WII. I know a lot of similar stories of people who magically vanished. So please take the time and read through this.

Jisoo personally accepted this drama and even advertised even though it received early on backlash. It’s not a validation for hate (there is no validation for hate) but fans are underestimating the amount of criticism that goes against the staff as well (or here Disney +). It’s just that due to the behavior of a certain stans (not a few, just go through some quote retweets) the direction of hate has changed. A lot of fans are even spaming, insulting and gaslighting family members of the victims. Please read the first article. It shows how much a family had to suffer in addition to the loss of a family member

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!