Wonyoung had plastic surgery???

• Why do ya'll care about a child's face that much.. she's a kid. She'll lose some weight, gain some weight, etc. She's a human, let this CHILD; grow up.

I think it's more why does a child care about her own face that much?

A 15/16 year old getting plastic surgery is top 10 most ridiculous things ever. What a gigantic F you to middle age women.

• Why do ya'll care about a child's face that much.. she's a kid. She'll lose some weight, gain some weight, etc. She's a human, let this CHILD; grow up.

your attitude is causing the exact opposite of what you are saying

if we just look away when minors are getting PS, it will become normal and more young girls will feel preassured to do it instead of just growing up normally

• I think it's more why does a child care about her own face that much?

A 15/16 year old getting plastic surgery is top 10 most ridiculous things ever. What a gigantic F you to middle age women.

Why does a child care about her own face that much?? Are you serious? Maybe becasue you all are commenting on that child's face and expect her to look perfect/certain way.

• OR ur just paying attention to a 16 year old a little TOO hard and it's really not that deep.. 2

I'm not. I was reading another thread and the op mentioned this.

"Final negative thing and it’s not really negative because I still think she looks really pretty, but Wonyoungs eye plastic surgery makes her look like… tired. I think she’s trying to look sexy by giving like almost a “Marilyn Monroe” vibe? But it isn’t delivering because she’s a child. I’m just getting “the kid I babysits Zzzquil is kicking in but she still wants to make me watch her dance before she falls asleep on the floor in front of the TV” but I’m not a PS expert so??? Grain of salt?"

And this was the first time it dawned on me that yes this is a possibility.

• I think it's more why does a child care about her own face that much?

its allowed as a teenager in SK. why would it be a F to middle age women tho?

wonyoung is an idol, and they have so much pressure from the company etc to look perfect. as a visual she must be feeling the pressure too. I think she gets fillers( lip etc).

but here an article about this for you

South Korean High Schoolers Get Plastic Surgery for Graduation
    "It's common to change one's face in Korea."
    www.theatlantic.com

• I'm not. I was reading another thread and the op mentioned this.

"Final negative thing and it’s not really negative because I still think she looks really pretty, but Wonyoungs eye plastic surgery makes her look like… tired. I think she’s trying to look sexy by giving like almost a “Marilyn Monroe” vibe? But it isn’t delivering because she’s a child. I’m just getting “the kid I babysits Zzzquil is kicking in but she still wants to make me watch her dance before she falls asleep on the floor in front of the TV” but I’m not a PS expert so??? Grain of salt?"

And this was the first time it dawned on me that yes this is a possibility.

getting eyes done is a very common procedure and yes I think she did get her eyes done, it looks like she cut the creases ( epicanthoplasty).

this procedure is so so common in the entertainment industry, and many underage idols other than wonyoung get it to.

this comment you read is kinda weird tho......

• Why does a child care about her own face that much?? Are you serious? Maybe becasue you all are commenting on that child's face and expect her to look perfect/certain way.

I am not saying she or anyone needs to look perfect.

Even if you are the ugliest person in the world it should be no plastic surgery for you until you're an adult.

• People always say it's companies that are the problem, but I think the biggest problem are people/fans that just want perfection and scrutinize their looks + expect everyone to look certain way and comment on them if they don't.

Companies are trying to 'please' fans (which is wrong, but the fact is they're doing it because of 'the demand').

• I am not saying she or anyone needs to look perfect.

Even if you are the ugliest person in the world it should be no plastic surgery for you until you're an adult.

Well everyone is talking about idols visuals all the time, especially you, so don't you think this makes them force to feel like they have to look certain way and maintain their beauty?

• your attitude is causing the exact opposite of what you are saying

if we just look away when minors are getting PS, it will become normal and more young girls will feel preassured to do it instead of just growing up normally

U are right. But I don't see how my comment implies that? I am talking about Wonyoung, and Wonyoung alone. We don't know if she got PS or not, and it's really no one's business. She hasn't said she got it so why does everyone collectively agree on it?? She obviously won't look like she's still 13. Humans grow up and their facial features, mature, and they loose baby fat. I don't see the need to point out if she got it or not because if she did, that's just pointing out what she was insecure about in the first place. It's just bad for all parties involved. Whether we as a society like it or not, young girls are already feeling pressure to get PS. Talking about whether or not Wonyoung got it, won't help them in the slightest.

• People always say it's companies that are the problem, but I think the biggest problem are people/fans that just want perfection and scrutinize their looks + expect everyone to look certain way and comment on them if they don't.

Companies are trying to 'please' fans (which is wrong, but the fact is they're doing it because of 'the demand').

you are right. idols are a product and companies are trying to make money. so basically they have to "market" idols, and make them fit what the fans want. So it is in fact a mix of the two.

• Well everyone is talking about idols visuals all the time, especially you, so don't you think this makes them force to feel like they have to look certain way and maintain their beauty?

I get that. I guess it doesn't really matter anyway since beauty is temporary. It all fades eventually.

• I mean they get nose jobs as young as 13 over there lol, there won't be a single celebrity, male or female that hasn't tweaked at themselves in someway in SK. They literally equate beauty to being successful.

you are right. idols are a product and companies are trying to make money. so basically they have to "market" idols, and make them fit what the fans want. So it is in fact a mix of the two.

well its a bit of hen and egg argument, so what was first, the companies creating this "perfect product" or the fans demanding it?

But I lean in the direction that the companies, created this demand in the first place and like with all things, you try to perfect it more and more to outdo the competition

• I am not commenting on Wonyoung but just a general statement from me is that minors should not be allowed to get PS except for reconstructive surgeries etc

that is hell of a good statement miss

I second that

I would even say more that not even parents should have right to decide if middle school kid can do eyelid PS

fork that.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Yes but I'll keep my mouth shut so I dont get bashed.

However I agree that as kpop fans we talk way too much about idols faces, bodies... If I were in their place It would be uncomfortable seeing strangers on the internet talking about how my face changed.

• well its a bit of hen and egg argument, so what was first, the companies creating this "perfect product" or the fans demanding it?

But I lean in the direction that the companies, created this demand in the first place and like with all things, you try to perfect it more and more to outdo the competition

You're right. I just want to emphasize that it's our responsibility too. Especially with such threads, when someone questions why idols have to feel pressured to look certain way but on the other hand he wants them to look naturally perfect.

Edit: before someone misunderstands, I do not agree with minors doing plastic surgeries at all, not to mention they're not even developed fully, but I'm saying we also need to question ourselves why do they feel the need to do it.

Edited once, last by keaji ().

• Beauty never fades if you're looking in the right place.

If you think that beauty fades, it's not the beauty that does, just your perception of it being too narrow.

:yesr:

Couldn't have said it better.

• Beauty never fades if you're looking in the right place.

If you think that beauty fades, it's not the beauty that does, just your perception of it being too narrow.

Wish that were true. But you don't see 30 and 40 and 50 year old women competing against 18 and 20 year old women in beauty pagets.

• Wish that were true. But you don't see 30 and 40 and 50 year old women competing against 18 and 20 year old women in beauty pagets.

You've just proven my point. The perception of beauty based on beauty pageants is a very narrow definition of beauty.

I never said all beauty was the same, or that it doesn't change with age. I just said beauty never fades if you're looking in the right place for it.

Broaden your views and you'll see beauty wherever you go and everywhere you look.

I left my heart in LA again. Please continue taking good care of it.

• You've just proven my point. The perception of beauty based on beauty pageants is a very narrow definition of beauty.

I never said all beauty was the same, or that it doesn't change with age. I just said beauty never fades if you're looking in the right place for it.

Broaden your views and you'll see beauty wherever you go and everywhere you look.

I don't think he'll ever get it.

• Wish that were true. But you don't see 30 and 40 and 50 year old women competing against 18 and 20 year old women in beauty pagets.

there is more than just physical beauty drew. that's what they are trying to get at.

That's remember me what Solar have said on TV :

1.png2.png

3.png4.png

5.png6.png

7.png8.png

9.png10.png

11.png12.png

• It’s really sad that she has had so much surgery done at such a young age, the fans denying her surgery are blind or really stupid. Her whole entire face changed, chin, nose, jaw, eyes, lips, everything. She looks a bit off now, I think she recently had more stuff done to her eyes before IVE’s debut. And no, losing baby fat does not make your lips magically change size or give you a new nose. Use your brains people….

• This thread contains 23 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!