Sorn never has been the talk of the town unless she's doing something stupid

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

again, girl....smh

• Not at all surprised something like this’d surface again eventually lol. The reality is most idols aren’t very well-educated academically as well as politically, and some truly aren’t the sharpest tool in the shed to put it frankly, but kpop stans love to put all of them on a pedestal and find it hard to reconcile with the fact that their idols are more likely to think dumb shit than not despite the fact that we’re all surrounded by dumb people around our daily lives most of the time. Coupled that with social media - a platform where anyone can share their dumbness at a tap of their fingers, and idols’ natural large sphere of exposure, and boom this stuff is the inevitable result :sweatr1:

Edited once, last by Whi ().

• Oh God please I use skincare but dont go on with my life to tell people what they should do with their skin..

I know its just a joke but come on girl it isnt funny and is just gonna affect people with skin insecurities ..

Implying how gong yoo and hyoyeon are perfect the way they are and others need something to become that way and aren't right now.. ew

• This girl... comes off as

A little ignorant and a little ditzy

I tried to like her so many times over the years as I was a CLC fan but she keeps doing/saying things that just make me side eye her

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
    mKl7Ghm.png
    Flower field, that's where I'm at. Open land, that's where I'm at.
    ─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

• I wonder what she would do if there was an actual black actor in squid game. Probably show him the same surgeon she went to to whiten her skin because she's insecure?

• I can't claim to know whether she had any racist intent behind this or maybe it was by pure coincidence, but her judging anyone's appearance in the first place is off-putting and condescending.

The amount of skincare she gave to ali most of them being brightening products

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Oh dear, she should have known this wouldn't have been well received.

I think a lot of idols really are quite ignorant on many subjects. It's like when people assume idols will support the LBGT community... They forget what it is like in Asia. I'm sure a lot of idols are probably pretty homophobic as well as racially insensitive.

• thai being a korea boo. nothing interesting.

not really i saw thais also criticize her and it's getting many likes

External Content twitter.com

Is this video still up on her channel

I think it's not deleted yet

• One thing about us SEAsians is that colourism is rampant in our society. You could be only a tad bit tanner than before and you’d already have friends and family calling you out on it with their “concerns”.

• Maybe she was trying to say Ali was such a great character that he deserves to get get every skin care product possible? Since skin care is put on a pedestal in Korea. But it came out as insensitive instead? :huuh:

Honestly I'm just trying to think of her thought process when doing this.

• Maybe she was trying to say Ali was such a great character that he deserves to get get every skin care product possible? Since skin care is put on a pedestal in Korea. But it came out as insensitive instead? :huuh:

Turns out that's is really the real excuses

Screenshot_20211104-160751_Twitter.jpg

I hope ur kidding

Maybe. Or maybe she meant she wasn't sure what skincare to give him? Whatever her reasoning, it wasn't well thought out :facepalm:

• Yeah, it's sadly so ingrained within the society that many don't see the problem with it and how it could really hurt others. To them, it's "just a beauty standard," but in reality, it's much more impactful than that. As such, there's a lot of insensitivity towards darker-skinned people from other ethnic groups.

Unfortunately the colorism issue in East Asia is deeply ingrained in society. Look at all the K pop idols who made fun of darker members, or who made a big point of praising someone for having the whitest skin. It's the same in South Asia, South East Asia... It's unfortunate.

Whereas here in the UK people are obsessed with tanning, to the point they make themselves look orange using fake tan, sunbeds etc.

• This thread contains 90 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!