Irene is super underrated as a dancer

• I've seen multiple people praise Seulgi as a dancer(which is...deserved considering she's the best in the group) but Irene is easily 2nd best and there's little to no praise for her in this department. Why?

I think it's mainly because people see her as "just a pretty face" and nothing more. I feel like people think conventionally attractive celebs\people aren't good at doing anything other than being pretty which in most cases, is not true lol.

I'd like to showcase the song where I think Irene shines the most and ultimately helped me see her in a different light: Naughty.

External Content m.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

From what I know it's VERY difficult and arguably, one of the most difficult\technical KPOP choreos of all time.

This is tutting, where you can't fuck up because the angles have to look super clean and precise:S It looks easy at first but it's NOT.

Back to Irene, one could say she easily outshined Seulgi on this track. She literally ate it up and left NO crumbs :cryingr:

Not really hard to understand why she's the lead dancer, Seulrene are one of the best main\lead dancer combinations in KPOP IMO.

• agree

i'm glad she debuted in the sub unit because it really highlighted her vocals and dance skills

and she had the opportunity to shut every hater mouth

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip

• Agreed. She and Seulgi absolutely SLAYED at Monster and Naughty when it came to the choreo and she definitely deserves more praise.

I remember when they did Be Natural. I was so taken in by Seulgi and Irene because of their dancing!

~ ω

• Agreed! She’s super clean and I agree with the sentiment that she’s one of the best female lead dancers in 3rd Gen, if not the best.

External Content youtu.be

External Content youtu.be

• I think the issue is that she doesn't have much charisma when performing. She is a great dancer, but gets overshadowed by Seulgi being so amazing and others having more personality when performing.

• She's the second best for sure but Seulgi is the best by far and so charismatic that it's hard not to get overshadowed by her. Joy exudes sexiness and charisma, and Wendy exudes happiness and positivity and they have auras while dancing while Irene has this pretty but cold look like dancing that isn't as obvious in your face and it can get overshadowed. Same with Yeri.

The subunit did wonders to show people Irene is not just another pretty face. She can both sing and dance.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
    mKl7Ghm.png
    Flower field, that's where I'm at. Open land, that's where I'm at.
    ─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

• I think the issue is that she doesn't have much charisma when performing. She is a great dancer, but gets overshadowed by Seulgi being so amazing and others having more personality when performing.

Agree, Seulgi has outstanding charismatic aura in live stage. <3 Irene makes a tired expression in songs she doesn't feel. I think Subunit music is just her style. Her dance is very clean in really detailed movements and the her angle is very smooth. :thumbup:

She's the second best for sure but Seulgi is the best by far and so charismatic that it's hard not to get overshadowed by her. Joy exudes sexiness and charisma, and Wendy exudes happiness and positivity and they have auras while dancing while Irene has this pretty but cold look like dancing that isn't as obvious in your face and it can get overshadowed. Same with Yeri.

The subunit did wonders to show people Irene is not just another pretty face. She can both sing and dance.

Yes, Wendy and Joy generally show the most stable stage presence after Seulgi. Irene may have dance talent, but her stage charisma and stability are more important. Irene is very charismatic in her favorite songs like Bad Boy and Psycho, but I don't think she shows that aura in every song. Also the red songs are very fresh and youthful energy sometimes and Irene shines in more mature and dark concepts. <3

• I agree with the people saying her facial expressions fit mature concepts more. She was really good in be natural and bad boy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!