Do you find exaggerated praise on an idol's ability annoying?

• While admittedly it is quite minor, it has always been a pet peeve of mine when fans excessively praise an idol's ability to the point where a sub-vocalist is touted as one of the best vocalists of the generation or something lol and we're talking about a standard sub-vocalist in a group that doesn't stand out vocally.

That in itself is not that irksome but I was scouring through Twitter and YouTube comment sections (which honestly can be a really horrid experience depending on the video) and saw fans getting agitated at each other because someone thought calling a lead dancer of their favorite group just "decent" was blasphemy. Now, I understand why you'd hype your faves up especially if you're relatively new to the K-pop scene because those "Who is the best vocalist/dancer/rapper in x gen" shit gets really brutal at times but getting mad because someone else is not always calling your fave GREAT, SUPERB, BEST OF THE BUNCH at something is :sweatr:

• So long as their not using their faves to bash others, they could hype them up to the gods

It does tend to be annoying when they do it in a “better than your faves” format. But otherwise if they’re just praising their idol, it’s all good

• I think it’s pretty annoying. I’m here to discuss kpop and it’s kinda hard to talk about talent, songs, etc of stans are just gonna lie and praise their faves to the heavens while not living in reality.

• Besides, it’s not like a non fans opinion on an artist is any less bias, let alone more relevant compared to a fans

“I don’t like this group, therefore I can give an objective input on their skills” Sure Jan :clown:

• I have no problem speaking well of an idol's skill, but let's not start touting them as the second coming of Christ(those that know what I'm speaking of, will know who I'm speaking of).

Many have decent skills(some are subpar) and we just see it through our bias lens as it being way better than it is.Others do indeed have great skills and we might brush them off because they're not on our bias list.

I do think that we shouldn't let our favoritism show that much unless we can back it up with proof(that isn't just "I think").

• I get annoyed when its uncalled for like when someone just goes "wow can you believe x and x is the greatest of all time, unrivaled etc etc" not in a joking way but in a bragging way. But I only find it annoying and move on.

calling a lead dancer of their favorite group just "decent" was blasphemy.

Hm I guess it depends how you word it, Kpop fans can be hyper sensitive so I wouldn't look into having these discussions in a public kpop forum/soc media but also some people like to use this as a drag to call groups they don't like less talented but pretending it's their unbiased opinion and it's kinda noticeable.

• It's fine mostly although I do admit that I find it profoundly irritating when it's so blatant as to be completely false. It offends my sensibilities for some reason - Like Trump's "alternative facts" but the kpop version.

No your fave who sounds like a cat being strangled is not the best vocalist ever...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!