People downplaying Aespa's dance skills

• Do you think it is just because their vocals are so strong? Honestly, they are all skilled dancers, especially Karina and Winter, and their synchronization is insane.

I think because they are such strong all rounders some of their skills end up being overlooked!

Or maybe there are some sour grapes involved :-P

• Yes, they often wearing uncomfortable outfits also they have less contents about their dances compare to other groups

look at this,

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

this really showcases aespa dance skills better

• their dancing isn't up to par with other girlgroups tbh but good enough. at least their vocals make up for it. It doesn't help that sometimes the choreo is awkward too

• but today's dance practice killed me. Karina is a really strong main dancer and she genuinely stands out in the group with her body control and body line. locking, popping, isolation, groove, fluidity, sharp, footwork, details. presented so delicately, it was like levitating and the choreo was simple. it probably always was like that, but now the identical outfits make the girls accentuate the same body parts and you can see big differences. I can feel her growing and I enjoy it. 70% of comments are about her. :pepe-toast:

• their dancing isn't up to par with other girlgroups tbh but good enough. at least their vocals make up for it. It doesn't help that sometimes the choreo is awkward too

See I personally disagree with this. Could you give me examples of all the girl groups you think are better? Not attacking you by the way, just curious. With some girl groups, I feel the dance skills vary quite a bit within the group.

With Aespa, whilst they are not the strongest girl group for dancing, they are all good and are very in tune with each other.

• See I personally disagree with this. Could you give me examples of all the girl groups you think are better? Not attacking you by the way, just curious. With some girl groups, I feel the dance skills vary quite a bit within the group.

With Aespa, whilst they are not the strongest girl group for dancing, they are all good and are very in tune with each other.

Imo they're good but no one is outstanding in aespa.

There's not many 4th gen girlgroups that debuted in big companies yet but I'd say itzy and izone.

And blackpink, red velvet, twice, gfriend for 3rd gen comparing from when they were rookies.

I respect your opinion tho

• but today's dance practice killed me. Karina is a really strong main dancer and she genuinely stands out in the group with her body control and body line. locking, popping, isolation, groove, fluidity, sharp, footwork, details. presented so delicately, it was like levitating and the choreo was simple. it probably always was like that, but now the identical outfits make the girls accentuate the same body parts and you can see big differences. I can feel her growing and I enjoy it. 70% of comments are about her. :pepe-toast:

This is why she needs a choreo that suits her, the choreo she performed in Knowing Bros didn't demonstrate any of her strengths in dancing so it just looked lacklustre and bland which is why she got so much hate for it.

bad choreo:

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

choreo that shows what shes good at:

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

• Because of stereotypes. You'll always see SM groups praised for their vocals but shitted for their dance or rap skills.

:pepewhat: This isn't true though? NCT, EXO and RV all have amazing dancers and are known for their dance.

LAFBL0s.gif

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

• The comparisons threads here say different :pepe-notes:

:pepe-notes: I only see AESPA being doubted for their dance skills out of the SM groups. no one in their right mind is going to pretend that seulgi, kai, taeyong or any of those SM dancers aren't up to par with other groups :eyes:

LAFBL0s.gif

Æmen

• ppl are too harsh on them tbh

this always happens with groups that have a lot of success or high expectations and aespa has both:pepepizza:

LAFBL0s.gif

Æmen

• i think they're good dancers from my untrained eyes. What i notice with aespa is that, often times their stage outfits get in the way of their performance. The most recent example, look at the Camera Guide and Halloween Dance Practice of Savage. Those two clearly shows that when they're given the right and comfortable outfits, they can execute the choreo much much better. I mean what was the stylist thinking putting Karina in pointed-toe high heels. Another example is Ningning with her tight leather pants (from one of Next Level performance) when part of her choreo requires her to crouch down :facepalm:

• i think they're good dancers from my untrained eyes. What i notice with aespa is that, often times their stage outfits get in the way of their performance. The most recent example, look at the Camera Guide and Halloween Dance Practice of Savage. Those two clearly shows that when they're given the right and comfortable outfits, they can execute the choreo much much better. I mean what was the stylist thinking putting Karina in pointed-toe high heels. Another example is Ningning with her tight leather pants (from one of Next Level performance) when part of her choreo requires her to crouch down :facepalm:

so SM stylists are bad as always? :pepe-notes:

LAFBL0s.gif

Æmen

• See I personally disagree with this. Could you give me examples of all the girl groups you think are better? Not attacking you by the way, just curious. With some girl groups, I feel the dance skills vary quite a bit within the group.

I only remember aespa's tragic Kick It dance cover.

you can easily find 101 better covers on Youtube.

• hhhh wild side you know...it hurts me that at 0:20 they showed this grandpa when what she did might be worth seeing. like man i don't care about your face. the choreography until 0:26 could have been really good, only this handwork hurts instantly, but it's the choreography, not her fault. 0:27 - is this some kind of presentation of a caterpillar on her hand? this "robotic" style basically slams the beat with your body but with awkward movements you are unable to finish it. she got the same in SYNK. I mean, sm you're wasting this girl's talent. kick it nct, naughty irene n seulgi, bola rebola - this is her cup of tea. she's a mix of Seulgi, but not exactly, because she's more like Lisa in proportions w hands, legs and power. at the same time, she is totally taeyong female version style and gives off the kai's presentation. this girl is amazing. it's a total mix and in all of it her own style is visible. the 4th generation is something strong. and the fact that people are afraid of their favorites from the same generation = rightly so. with her solo strong hip hop dance it will be over.

• the way some people critic their dancing you'll think they're stiff and sloppy but they're literally not they dance just fine for a girl group and Winter and Karina have years of dancing experience I'm sure they know how to dance better than randoms on stan twitter .

Winter was her schools dance team captain and she was a whole ass backup dancer for sechkiess and she was recruited by SM from a dance Festival meaning SM was gonna debut her as a dancer until they found out girlie can sing...

• hhhh wild side you know...it hurts me that at 0:20 they showed this grandpa when what she did might be worth seeing. like man i don't care about your face. the choreography until 0:26 could have been really good, only this handwork hurts instantly, but it's the choreography, not her fault. 0:27 - is this some kind of presentation of a caterpillar on her hand? this "robotic" style basically slams the beat with your body but with awkward movements you are unable to finish it. she got the same in SYNK. I mean, sm you're wasting this girl's talent. kick it nct, naughty irene n seulgi, bola rebola - this is her cup of tea. she's a mix of Seulgi, but not exactly, because she's more like Lisa in proportions w hands, legs and power. at the same time, she is totally taeyong female version style and gives off the kai's presentation. this girl is amazing. it's a total mix and in all of it her own style is visible. the 4th generation is something strong. and the fact that people are afraid of their favorites from the same generation = rightly so. with her solo strong hip hop dance it will be over.

Also Karina has ballet experience she has graceful moves as well

• YOOOO SHE SLAYED AT NAUGHTY <3

I also really liked her Normani cover but Naughty was >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

~ ω

• Imo they're good but no one is outstanding in aespa.

There's not many 4th gen girlgroups that debuted in big companies yet but I'd say itzy and izone.

And blackpink, red velvet, twice, gfriend for 3rd gen comparing from when they were rookies.

I respect your opinion tho

Jisoo got a lot of criticism for her dancing, especially when BP debuted. Now, she was never a bad dancer, but I do think with the skills of Lisa that the difference in dance skills is larger in a group like BP.

Aespa on the other hand, don't have anyone on the same level as a Lisa or Momo, but also don't have anyone noticeably weaker than others too.

• Jisoo got a lot of criticism for her dancing, especially when BP debuted. Now, she was never a bad dancer, but I do think with the skills of Lisa that the difference in dance skills is larger in a group like BP.

Aespa on the other hand, don't have anyone on the same level as a Lisa or Momo, but also don't have anyone noticeably weaker than others too.

I prefer when there's a few dancers that are really good since they'll be in the center most of the time anyway and doing the dance breaks. For fancams it's also better. I get what you mean but imo 3 out of 4 members are good so jisoo being less good compensates that. I guess that also explains why Jisoo is in the back so often since they have 4 members so that makes it less noticeable.

• Jisoo got a lot of criticism for her dancing, especially when BP debuted. Now, she was never a bad dancer, but I do think with the skills of Lisa that the difference in dance skills is larger in a group like BP.

I think that's where most of their criticism is coming from tho, in other groups its immediately noticeable who's the main dancer but so far in aespas choreos they either all look to be similar in skill level or more then one of them will be standing out (winter and karina). It can be a good thing when the whole group is similar and in sync with their dance, but it usually means that the good dancers don't get a lot of attention.

Karina as a main dancer also hasn't been able to showcase enough of her dance for people to be putting her on the same level as the current main dancers in 3rd/4th gen :/ .

they're also only an 11 month old group so there's still plenty of chances

LAFBL0s.gif

Æmen

• I prefer when there's a few dancers that are really good since they'll be in the center most of the time anyway and doing the dance breaks. For fancams it's also better. I get what you mean but imo 3 out of 4 members are good so jisoo being less good compensates that. I guess that also explains why Jisoo is in the back so often since they have 4 members so that makes it less noticeable.

To be honest one of my criticisms about BP choreo is Lisa is in the back or shoved to the side too often. YG needs to utilise their main dancer more. The HYLT dance break where the two best dancers were at the back was baffling.

• because people need something to downplay about aespa x)

they can no longer use success in chart, in physicals or vocal skills x)))

lol they will never learn

aEspA iS fLoP

> Next Level + Savage charts extremely well

ThEy wOn'T sElL

> gets like half million Savage copies sold

sM iS hIdInG tHeiR EnCoRe BeCaUsE tHeY cAn'T sInG?!?1

> encore airs, and their vocals are shown to be strong, gorgeous, and garners many praise from Netizens

This is just another claim that will backfire. :pepe-hehe:

💣🎇 P1Harmony 5th Mini Album 'HARMONY : SET IN' OUT NOW!!!💥💣
    b675bae17756d66b1c583cc777acfaac3606736b.gifv7e6700291c446212998eba09549f464a739c91a3.gifv4cd7cc8dafce05255d7d96dfae0cd85dc47c4e21.gifv

P1harmony|SHINee|ITZY|ONF|Monsta X|Purple Kiss|KARD|ONEWE|Pentagon|Billlie|NCT Dream|Ghost9|GOT7

• so we're getting a dance video from karina soon? :pepe-notes:

LAFBL0s.gif

Æmen

• People won’t notice it because frankly Karina’s dancing isnt up to many’s cup of tea but the only dancers on 4th gen that is stronger than her technically are handful and frankly many of lialve’s group samples, she fits equally with LMAO.

This user acts like her samples are on SWF-level LMAO. They’re all on about an even playing field with frankly small varying degrees 😂

• People won’t notice it because frankly Karina’s dancing isnt up to many’s cup of tea but the only dancers on 4th gen that is stronger than her technically are handful and frankly many of lialve’s group samples, she fits equally with LMAO.

This user acts like her samples are on SWF-level LMAO. They’re all on about an even playing field with frankly small varying degrees 😂

hahahaha so funny

• Yep u act like ur samples do incredibly technical stuff from a specific dance genre ¬‿¬ theyre gap aint as big as u think it is :saint:

they're still better. I didn't say how much better so why are you assuming. You're trying to hard to make a point when you just seem petty. Karina is not as good as the other main dancers. I said what I said. If you disagree, that's fine

• aespa is better than 3rd gen groups were, but lack a main dancer like the 3rd gen groups (lisa-seulgi-momo holy trinity)

another thing is that their competition is often very very dance based, izone, itzy all had very strong dance lines, where itzy has a dance line of basically 4 main dancers.

in 3rd gen aespa wouldn't stand out, but since 4th gen has put so much emphasis on dance, it shows sometimes, esp with locking/popping moves like in savage., where only one or two of them are doing it perfectly

r o s e s   a n d   p e a c h e s

• This thread contains 14 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!