How the heck to introverted idols deal with being around people ALL day without going insane?

• They just do it. I'm an introvert with social anxiety. So when I have to talk in front of people I die from the inside but as soon as I actually talk, I calm down a little. So they probably just suck it up because it's their job so they have to. I guess their love for being an idol is bigger than the fear. Because it can't be the money alone. Many idols were already rich

I’m an extrovert and I diiieeee if I have to speak in front of people. Like for work.

Privately I’m ok.

• I’m an extrovert and I diiieeee if I have to speak in front of people. Like for work.

Privately I’m ok.

It's so annoying TT. It wasn't always that bad but the older I get, the more anxious I get. Doesn't matter if privately or work related TT Only with my best friend and my mom I can talk comfortably. It sucks but nothing I can do about it ;(

• I honestly think idols get more alone time than we think. Sure, promotions exist, but many of the hours spent as an idol is practicing at the company and resting at the dorm.

I absolutely doubt most idols are very, very introverted, mainly because most humans aren't so introverted that they don't leave the house. Introverts aren't defined by their anxiety, hatred in going out or how much they socialize, they're defined by their energy levels before and after socializing. There are introverts who like being around people, but their energy levels get drained if they go out for too long. The stigma of introverts being lone wolves and extroverts being party goers is so inaccurate (not mention, shit like this is on a scale).

Sorry about the rant.

To answer the question, the standard introverted idol would not make a big fuss. Assuming they are close to their group members, they would have a wonderful time being a performer. As I said in the beginning, there's a lot of alone time in practicing and resting at the dorm. And if they had a long day promoting and performing, then I'm sure a night of rest or alone time will suit them.

• maybe they treat it as a job?

or maybe they force themselves to go through it

maybe they find a way pf compartmentalizing work from home or whatever but I'm sure there are a lot of people who are introverts IRL but are great leaders or politicians or whatever so for an idol I guess it's no different...

• Well I'm an introvert and my job requieres a lot of interaction with people. I do great with people honestly, but I have a hard time dealing with friends.

• As an extrovert, I don't really understand tho :sweatr:

Until now, I'm still thinking how Soobin become Music Bank MC despite being an introvert, he even talked to a lot of artists behind the stage, dealing with interview, etc. This was him on the first day after being an MC

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Not to diminish the question because it is fascinating to see how introverts answer as I can't always understand some points well as an extrovert, but I think people are making the terms extrovert and introvert out to be too black and white. It really is more of a continuum.

main-qimg-c34215714bd486ec632e7d5a0c0dda4d

Going by my own MBTI (ENFJ) I seem to be pretty middle of the road in terms of extroverts, but even I appreciate a day at home just chilling!

• Not to diminish the question because it is fascinating to see how introverts answer as I can't always understand some points well as an extrovert, but I think people are making the terms extrovert and introvert out to be too black and white. It really is more of a continuum.

main-qimg-c34215714bd486ec632e7d5a0c0dda4d

Going by my own MBTI (ENFJ) I seem to be pretty middle of the road in terms of extroverts, but even I appreciate a day at home just chilling!

Good point.

I think there are a few reasons;

- Different levels of introvert (at the end of the day they need to get up in front of crowds and interact with people so it's more likely they are slightly introverted)

- They have passion for what they do (helps make up for some of the less enjoyable aspects of the gig)

- Most understand that at the end of the day it's a job and there's certain things that come from it.

- Most of the time is spent with people they know and would be mostly comfortable around. I mean, many would only be onstage etc for a few mins. The bigger groups maybe a few hours at most depending on any engagements. Filming, practising etc would be mostly around familiar people or people that are in a work environment.

• When i have to do something involving many other people, i have no choice but to do it. If i want to stand out and compete, i have to be the one adjusting to the job, not vice versa. I imagine this is the same mindset that some introvert idols have.

It's really hard tho, i'm the type of person who's scared when i have to be in an environment where i don't know most people in it. Like cold sweating, cold hands and feet type of scared. It become worse when i have to be the center of attention, but then the adrenaline kick in and i started to feel the nervousness and uncomfortable feeling disappearing.

• When i have to do something involving many other people, i have no choice but to do it. If i want to stand out and compete, i have to be the one adjusting to the job, not vice versa. I imagine this is the same mindset that some introvert idols have.

It's really hard tho, i'm the type of person who's scared when i have to be in an environment where i don't know most people in it. Like cold sweating, cold hands and feet type of scared. It become worse when i have to be the center of attention, but then the adrenaline kick in and i started to feel the nervousness and uncomfortable feeling disappearing.

I feel the same but I’m not introvert. I think.

• I remember Leo of VIXX being extremly shy. And it is so weird, because he is a fucking handsome guy that even looks like if he would be dangerous, but in reality his whole character is like if he was a scared puppy.

Not too sure how he is dealing with all of it but his member often tried to get on the edge at wich Leo would go crazy. As for example they made a video in I think 2015 or so in wich they tried to annoy Leo so much till he can't no more and they really menaged to go so far. First of all they felt a bit scared cause Leo looked like a mix between giving a shit and being pissed. A while later Ken menaged to get Leo going so mad at him that he really punched Ken on the head.

In a TV-Show Leo was asked if he could talk for 90-seconds straight and Leo was too shy to say anything and he failed hard. As he was asked why he was not able to say anything, he looked down to his feet and struggled to find the right answer. The MC asked his member if he was allways like that and N said: "Yes, he even behaves like this in our dorm. It's not that easy to talk to him. We try to tease him sometimes cause of that and he is really not liking it and often you don't really notice when you try to tease him if he is allready having enough of it so if you really went beyond that point where he got enough he can sometimes become a bit agressive and in the worse case slap or punch you"

You also really notice even in making offs, interviews and from concert-footage that even if he knows what to say he sounds mostly kind of quiet and slow while talking since he seems to get more nervous than his other member cause of how shy he is.

I think Ken said once that instead of hanging around the other members Leo would often in his freetime just sit all alone in his room and when he gets asked if he would like to do things with his members he often declines the offers.

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• I'm very introvert. Very introvert, to the point I barely have casual conversations with people in real life apart from my family and a few close friends (the only people I feel really confortable with to be myself in a casual conversation). I'm not really good at being the person who start conversations when I'm not at my job. But I'm always pushing myself when I have the opportunity, because I know this is a case of adaptation.

But guess what... I decided to become a Psychologist. Not only I have to be the person who starts a conversation and create a whole environment to make people feeling confortable towards a total strange, but I'm always having to be the person who give orientarions to the one who struggle as much as I do or even more to have a quality social life.

I'm always feeling like I'm killing a lion inside almost everyday. But It was the job I chose since I was a elementary schooler and It's what makes me happy. So despite all the negative side, I'm always there facing it. So I suppose this is what a lot of them feel.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!