Kpop music quality isn't about real quality, it's about who is singing...

• The title may be a little confused so I'll explain better here.

In my opinion kpop music is judged by kpop fans based on who released the song, not if the song is (personal taste) good or not. It's a thing that happens since forever and nowadays it took a turn to the worse of the worse.

The music can be super good, full of great vocals, rap, etc.. but the first thing some kpop fans say is: "oh, i don't like x group type of songs", "x group try so hard that I'm just unamused"...

I'm not saying people are wrong doing this, but this just pretty much proves that judging the quality of a group you don't like isn't judging fairly, it's just being negative biased. And my most perfect example of this is: BOP BLOP FLOP threads kkkk.

On some faves release: few lines, being always positive and always trying to enlighten the good parts of the song. On others groups releases: starts super negative, write essays saying what they would "change" in the song, saying they "expected more" etc... :wellr: ...

Unfortunately this cycle won't die anytime soon and it's funny how hypocrite some are. Anyways, my point is: quality doesn't matter in some cases ..

Disclaimer: my opinion, no fighting, just my opinion. Bye!

• true the more hype group/soloist gets the higher chances are that people will rather name song cool/experimental than flop :)

but when some group from small label release a bop then no one cares about it

because hype train ain't there

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• true the more hype group/soloist gets the higher chances are that people will rather name song cool/experimental than flop :)

but when some group from small label release a bop then no one cares about it

because hype train ain't there

I submitted my thread by mistake... I was still editing :pepe-peek: kkkkk anyways kkkkk, actually this happens to everyone and all groups suffer it. But yes, unfortunately small companies groups suffer way more if they try a more "experimental" sound.

• but what is "real quality" - real quality is subjective...what one person likes may be different to what another person likes and finds to be quality...

thus it might be "my favs have better quality" v not my favs who thus have lesser quality...it's subjective...

• Hard Agree

• The hypocrisy jumped out during the Lisa collab bop or flop thread.

There were definitely users on there that trashed the song for being bland and boring, but then turn around and trash BP for being noisy. But the worst part is when their own faves make a bland and boring song but they cant wait to cream all over it, acting like they just listened to Mozart reborn :rolleyes: .

• I am neutral on this, because sometimes there are some sounds from kpop songs that people in akp (admittedly including myself will never like). At the same time, people overreact on certain songs or just fake reply by saying "I expect more from artist A,B and D" I think when the same artists release songs that hit the right chords, people will like them regardless of who release them.

Fe8TZRpaMAIFav2?format=jpg&name=large

ThinkAbouTzu, Tuwuice:pleading::pleading::pleading:

• The hypocrisy jumped out during the Lisa collab bop or flop thread.

There were definitely users on there that trashed the song for being bland and boring, but then turn around and trash BP for being noisy. But the worst part is when their own faves make a bland and boring song but they cant wait to cream all over it, acting like they just listened to Mozart reborn :rolleyes: .

Right? The way some were discussing between themselves how they would change the song or how bad the song was.. their faves threads were closed bc they couldn't take the negative opinions... I found this type of people "funny".

• I am neutral on this, because sometimes there are some sounds from kpop songs that people in akp (admittedly including myself will never like). At the same time, people overreact on certain songs or just fake reply by saying "I expect more from artist A,B and D" I think when the same artists release songs that hit the right chords, people will like them regardless of who release them.

actually there are a lot of cases like this too, but the overall feeling is: judge by the group..

Which to me doesn't make sense.

• It's like that for music and artist in general, but maybe it's more obvious with kpop and Idolgroup in general. Famous and well knowed artist with a lot of fans will always get away with average songs. It's easier to stay at the top than get to the top.

I never hesitate to say when I don't like songs from my favorite groups, as with Blackpink, but I also understand that I'm biased and even harder on songs from groups that is not my favorites.

• Frr they keep trashing the group and then be like I’m disappointed by...okay

i think it's also related to popularity, i truly believe if Permission to dance and Ice Cream were released by smaller groups even through they are far from being fan favorites they wouldn't have received as much backlash and bad reactions from kpop fans, kpop reddit was wild when PTD was released, people who aren't even armys acting like BTS officially sold their souls for western white people validation and now all their artistry is gone and they are going to release only mainstream poppy songs from now and oh the world is ending blah blah blah, IC also got non-blinks shitting on it a lot, i just don't get why non-fans spend so much energy on a group they don't even stan. :clown: if smaller groups released these songs kpop fans would be way less dramatic about it, i guess this is the price of fame.

• I wouldn't generalize, but in most cases this is exactly what happens.

Not my faves? Music is crap even tho it's a very good song or even an ok song, but has some good vocals or producing.

"As long it's not my faves this is a flop", I've seen countless posts saying that in various degrees.

Even tho the song was objectively good and sometimes even great.

Not my faves? Music is crap even tho it's a very good song or even an ok song, but has some good vocals or producing.

"As long it's not my faves this is a flop", I've seen countless posts saying that in various degrees.

That's a good one.

I'm not generalizating... Let me edit my post real quick bc I'm really not kkkkk

But yes, i also saw it countless times and it's funny...

• no but fr some of these stans would hate on a song by their faves if it was released by another group they hate just because they hate the group. But lets not deny the fact that it goes the other way too, a lot of kpop stans only like and listen to songsbecause its from their faves and if the name wasn't attached to it, they probably wouldn't care about it or even call it trash

• no but fr some of these stans would hate on a song by their faves if it was released by another group they hate just because they hate the group. But lets not deny the fact that it goes the other way too, a lot of kpop stans only like and listen to songsbecause its from their faves and if the name wasn't attached to it, they probably wouldn't care about it or even call it trash

Totally. It can go both ways, but "enjoying bc it's my fave" is still better than "trashing bc it isn't my faves" kkkk

• As I hate no groups/artists, I can always judge all songs fairly :pepelove1:

I also dislike many of my faves songs, pretty much all japanese releases of Twice after Fanfare for example and never listen to them, ofc I give them more chances than artists I care less about to grow on me, but if I don't like it at the end, no love for my faves can change that

I'm also always ready to be blown away by awesome releases from smaller groups like Fromis 9 Love Bomb or Everglows La Di Da

Conclusion: I'm so much better than most of you haters :smirks:

• K-Pop used to be different but it somehow becomes boring now. Debuting under one the Big companies assure you instant success. The other alternative is to make an impactful debut and maintain this impact during few promo. And the last way is to make a buzz (fancam, hit song etc.) and become suddently viral. After that, even if they release bad song it doesn't matter because fans are already here and will support their idols convincing themselves that they like the songs. And in the dark side, lay the others who will be ignored no matter how good/quality their releases are.

• Almost a god, uh? :pepepizza: kkkk

• Bro I thought you said you hated Twices Japanese releases and i was like " with Breakthrough and Fake and True RIGHT THERE???"

• This thread contains 16 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!