Squid Game surpassed BTS in a week

• That's crazy as hell.

All that work BTS did but from here on out when people hear the name KOREA they will think of Squid Game instead of BTS.

PSY feels Army pain. He's been there.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Honestly though Squid Game is so huge because my kindergarteners were playing Red light Green light and the person who was it was like "it's my turn to be the doll"

Even Kindergartners are obsessed with Squid Game??? Damn. That impact.

I haven't seen it but I hear more people talk about it then BTS by a large margin.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• That’s reaching Drew.

I think Squid Game is joining the elite 4 of Korea. Damn Korea is doing good, they excel in music, movie, e-sports, sports and now tv?? They are really giving America a run for their money for soft power now

F40DBB13-FD7D-4525-A981-33C34A88CCF9.jpg

But Squid Game is Netflix biggest show ever. EVERYONE has Netflix. But only a small population of the planet listens to BTS and kpop in general.

Netflix has probably already made a billion dollars off this show. Cause they were already paying that for "Friends" and "The Office".

• Faker :pepelove2:

Fun fact. Faker and his team T1 was in a Run BTS and they play some games together. So cute

• BTS debuted in 2013 and are having a in person concert where tickets are going for up to $50,000. They are also appearing at Jingle Ball where their appearance on December 3 has sent ticket prices in the secondary market to up to $15,000. This is in their 8th year

Squid Games is a phenomenon but do they have the run power of a tv show that can sustain interest and ratings like Game of Thrones?

• BTS debuted in 2013 and are having a in person concert where tickets are going for up to $50,000. They are also appearing at Jingle Ball where their appearance on December 3 has sent ticket prices in the secondary market to up to $15,000. This is in their 8th year

Squid Games is a phenomenon but do they have the run power of a tv show that can sustain interest and ratings like Game of Thrones?

I don't see why not. I'm sure a second season is being considered or has already been planned.

• This guy is a troll and this thread is trolling, but in term of reach and popularity, he's not wrong. Everybody and their mothers know squid game. It's pretty big and mainstream.

The thing is, squid game is just temporary. It's like flavor of the month. It will die down unlike BTS.

• Tell me about it. Watching hundreds of people get brutally murdered in the pilot episode is probably not kindergartener age appropriate

Maybe they just watched that meme of the doll turning around. Still kinda disturbing

• That's crazy as hell.

All that work BTS did but from here on out when people hear the name KOREA they will think of Squid Game instead of BTS.

PSY feels Army pain. He's been there.

Don't worry about Armys, the BL Secret Touch series is soon to premiere on Netflix

• Thanks for the concern Drew_B, I don't think you need to worry yourself. They were talking about it on their live just a day ago, wondering what to be for Halloween! They certainly didn't sound bothered.

Global success acknowledging fellow global successes:

External Content twitter.com

• Thanks for the concern Drew_B, I don't think you need to worry yourself. They were talking about it on their live just a day ago, wondering what to be for Halloween! They certainly didn't sound bothered.

Global success acknowledging fellow global successes:

When season 2 comes out BTS should have a guest appearance in an episode. It would definitely help their career.

• Actually the script righter doesn't want a season 2 for squid game he said that it took him years to right squid game and he doesn't want to rush and right something that doesn't satisfy him

Netflix will drag it out.

La casa de papel was originally only 2 parts and they made about 3 more seasons out of it, even though its going to shit

• When season 2 comes out BTS should have a guest appearance in an episode. It would definitely help their career.

Love how you keep trying to push your narrative as if you repeating it makes it true. But all the same, funny you should say that:

• It hasn't been planned, the director never wrote another script.

I'm surprised you're talking to me. Or did you finally realize I'm not that bad?

• I’m secure about BTS legendary status so I really don’t care about Drew’s bait.

But let’s talk about why the Squid Game are popular in the US and globally. Hollywood are trying to understand how a relatively low budget series can go so viral, and in a foreign language? Lol I love this so much. Hope there won’t be an Americanised Squid Game though

:pepe-cross:

An article on why Americans love SG

https://www.washingtonpost.com/arts-entertainment/tv/2021/10/08/squid-game/

• I'm surprised you're talking to me. Or did you finally realize I'm not that bad?

Drew, Imma be straight up: I don't like your personality on these forums and I never have. But that doesn't mean I can't respond to a benign point with respect. That's the least anyone deserves.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• Squid game is one of the hottest shows right now... by next year it’ll be considered “old news” and people will move on until season 2. BTS will still be here. Good try though.

• Drew, Imma be straight up: I don't like your personality on these forums and I never have. But that doesn't mean I can't respond to a benign point with respect. That's the least anyone deserves.

"personality on these forums". Perfectly put. It's all an act. I'm just doing my job to help allkpop stay hot.

You would love the "real" me.

• I was so confused when I first heard it. I thought it was literally about squids lol. Anyway, it is pretty huge around here. Even my crush's friend watched it, meaning my crush watched it too. The saddest thing is my parents let go of netflix when the biggest show is on it. So now I can't watch Netflix, thanks a lot mom and dad!

• money talks, ofc it will have as second season

well i hope it is not like Kindom

every chapter is 20 minutes long and half of it is stretching 5 minutes of actual plot with 100 shots of the same moment from 7 different angles in repeat

lets not forget to skip 5 minutes at the begining of past chapters

the second season was shit, but i still wanted to watch it...i mean, it took me like 3 hours to watch season 2

but they hook you for season 3, cos nothing really happends and nothing gets resolved

did blackpink release a new album today?'s tweet - "#LALISA ACAB, aquí solo  respetamos a la POLISA " - TrendsmapID BI****S

OT4 BLINKS OR JAIL

• Love how you keep trying to push your narrative as if you repeating it makes it true. But all the same, funny you should say that:

I love Simon Pegg’s insane love of Jin

I honestly don't know anyone who knows who BTS or any other kpop groups is. Is this the same for other people? Everyone I know and see is talking about Squid Games, I never see anyone talk about BTS like this, even when dynamite came out...

• I honestly don't know anyone who knows who BTS or any other kpop groups is. Is this the same for other people? Everyone I know and see is talking about Squid Games, I never see anyone talk about BTS like this, even when dynamite came out...

Not for me. Love them or hate them, people know BTS where I’m from.

• Anyone saying Squid Game will be a fad is delusional, this is literally bigger than all the huge Netflix shows in the past few years(yes, even Money Heist, Stranger Things, etc, etc) and anyone who isn't a delusional GOT stan will tell you that it's peak is much bigger than GOT. We have yet to see it's staying power but I think people in this thread are really underestimating it. Literally look at it's numbers, they're INSANE.

ACTUAL fads like Bird Box were never this big.

And Squid Game is actually global unlike that one. No one talked about GOT after the last season anyway while this will be studied in colleges :yesr:

• This thread contains 41 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!