Squid Game actress Jung Hoyeon gains +6M followers on Instagram in a week!

• crazy

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.instagram.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com

• Wow! That's amazing. And no surprise. Squid Game is so popular in my country. You always find someone who watched it. Almost everyone talks about it. It's so cool.

And she did an amazing job. She deserves every follower and more.

Plus she is Jennie's bestie <3:love:

кιм נєηηιє ⭐︎мαησвαη ℓαℓιѕα⭐︎ ραяк ¢нαєуσυηg ⭐︎ кιм נιѕσσ

540 Jennie Kim ideas | blackpink jennie, kim, kim jennie Blackpink Jennie Teddy Bear Şapka | krimofashion.com  제니츄 on Twitter | Blackpink fashion, Fashion, Black pink

• wait, so in 4 hours she got 400k new followers :wow:

this show is getting really popular. How did it pull off this huge audience?

Korean entertainment is on a roll lately

Kpop - BTS got hugely popular outside the usual kpop audience and got nominated for a Grammy

Kmovies - Parasite got critical acclaim and won a lot of awards

now finally my favorite of all three

Kdrama - Squid Game it is topping Netflix in a lot of countries. Let's see how much more popular it gets

• i honestly think people got bored of english speaking content. same-ish actors, remakes, reboots, superheroes, that's the content we've been getting for quite some time. they can't even properly do romance. debatable scrips and gazillion sex scenes. i don't think people are prudes, they just got bored of it, me included.

as for k-content, both kdramas and kpop work differently than american industry, it's new, different, interesting, and has high production. the hype around bts and parasite certainly helped a lot. other foreign content had success too such as elite and casa de papel, and if you ask me interest about foreign content will only grow

• i honestly think people got bored of english speaking content. same-ish actors, remakes, reboots, superheroes, that's the content we've been getting for quite some time. they can't even properly do romance. debatable scrips and gazillion sex scenes. i don't think people are prudes, they just got bored of it, me included.

I think this is true. I can't remember the last time I watched a US show let alone enjoy it. For a long time the only English speaking show I watched was Game of Thrones and yeah... That didn't end well.

People these days are more open to shows in other languages and cultures and are discovering that more times than not they are better than English speaking ones.

US shows these days are so badly and lazily written that I've completely given up on them. And they only seem to make remakes of stuff now instead of any original stories.

Netflix is really helping with this. Thanks to them shows like Money Heist, Dark and The Untamed were given a massive international audience.

I personally never in my life thought I'd be watching a German TV show (I didn't even think that was a thing?) but Dark ended up being one of my favourite series ever.

• I got interested in Squid game after seeing viral pics of her on Twitter. I had been seeing people mention the show randomly for a few days then I saw her pics. I was intrigued and immediately went to watch it. She's really gorgeous.

I didn't know she is Jennie's friend. There are at least 5 viral posts about her on my time-line everyday.

• I think this is true. I can't remember the last time I watched a US show let alone enjoy it. For a long time the only English speaking show I watched was Game of Thrones and yeah... That didn't end well.

i can't remember it either. :/ rip game of thrones, how to ruin your show in one season. it's still better than the finale of how i met your mother tho. ^^ if you never watched the show imagine how terrible it was if got finale was better. the writers ruined 9 seasons in 10 minutes. i'm not exaggerating, it's literally 10 minutes. they erased 7 seasons of character development in 10 minutes. beat that! i haven't watched a single minute of the series since, it's unwatchable. forever bitter.

anyways...

I personally never in my life thought I'd be watching a German TV show (I didn't even think that was a thing?) but Dark ended up being one of my favourite series ever.

you're german? i know that SandyBee3 is/lives in germany (one of those two :)). i'm not familiar with german cinematography but i occasionally speak with a german girl on tumblr. she told me that german tv shows are terrible and most of them are cheap soaps (again, her words). she expected dark to be a mess but was mindblown how good it was. she would have never guessed that was possible lol.

which reminds me i need to watch s2 and 3 ;(

• you're german? i know that SandyBee3 is/lives in germany (one of those two :)). i'm not familiar with german cinematography but i occasionally speak with a german girl on tumblr. she told me that german tv shows are terrible and most of them are cheap soaps (again, her words). she expected dark to be a mess but was mindblown how good it was. she would have never guessed that was possible lol.

which reminds me i need to watch s2 and 3 ;(

I'm the furthest thing from German lmao. That's why I was shocked at finding myself watching a German show and being mind blown.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!