NCT will be be No.1 BG in Future.....

• Basically like maybe by 2022 the NCT brand will be selling 10M yearly maybe even more than BTS but like that's strictly 1 aspect

• I mean if they keep going for the next thirty years, burning members after members... I guess it might happen. But I honestly think the group will run out of steam at some point. It's too high-maintenance, and they need super-high results to sustain the cost of these groups.

I personally really dislike this concept. But hey, clearly it's working somewhat, so from then good for them.

• Honestly I don't understand the lack of a "national hit" criticism, NCT ain't gonna change it's sound to appeal to the GP because that's against what NCT as a brand has done for almost 5 years. It would be cool and all to have one and it gives you bragging rights for Stan twt but NCT didn't need a national hit to already become very big. They only really needed a very big fandom who support then and what's marvelous it's there are still a lot of people that haven't diacovered them precisely because they aren't BTS/BP level popular or has a huge hit, but the ones that discover them... If you like NCT's music, you REALLY like it, same as the members. One of the biggest strengths of NCT to have such buying and stanning power it's their music, but it's also one of the things that hold them back when It comes to getting super popular because it's not for everyone and it's not radio hit material because It doesn't try to, their songs are a lot more oriented to showcase performance and musical uniqueness than to show how catchy the song is, it's their trademark.

Who said about doing a GP friendly music? They can get lucky with one hit too with their own musical style. Kick It did decently, that wasn't a GP friendly song.

• They'll be out done by SM's new bg if they ever debut one. Nct is still behind both svt and exo. And i don't think the gap will close anytime soon as both groups have way more to their name than nct does. Forget about touching bts.

■■■■■■■■□□□ 𝓢𝓔𝓔𝓤𝓝 □□□■■■■■■■■

0032d3e09166cb9a968ac75ab188ee513bc60563.gifv 6d8dfa2357ab0fdf5eaeb13dd6f7ce62bb23689d.gifv 83e7fb07461095e0251d47aebcc2c6cfcba8a272.gifv

• 2020 was a great year for them. It’s good to see that their fandom is growing, but they still have long way to go. Just let them shine on their own pace. For a risky concept and not-so friendly music, theyre doing super good. I honestly want to see what they’re gonna bring this year.

• Hmm. NCT sold millions of albums last year (both inside and outside of Korea), debuted two albums at #5 and #2 on US Billboard charts and continues to be in the top 10 in all kinds of social charts, from streaming to YouTube to Twitter. They're gonna be just fine without a national hit.

:yesr:

I also don't understand why folks think members are disposable. With all the social media, they've done a good job of showing different personalities and how the sub-units make little mini-families today. Yes, people moved around before, but as noted in another thread, they don't tend to move around the main/lead vocals. I can't imagine 127 without Yuta cracking everyone up or Dream without Jaemin saying sexy or WayV without an exasperated Kun. Plus I think the vocal and musical arrangements really work as they are, although the NCT U mashup allows them to mix it up.

Now to answer your question, I think Resonance did a good job of showing the diversity of the sub-units and hopefully, introducing more folks to the goodness and expanding perceptions beyond "noise music." I can't wait to see what albums they make this year - NeoZone and Awaken the World were both really strong albums. (Not big on Dream so can't comment here.) I liked the range of tracks and really loved some of the tracks on Resonance. But, even as a NCTzen, I'm not sure I can say they'll be the #1 band. BTS will likely continue to dominate (it will be interesting to see how this shifts as the fanbase continues to age tho), and EXO's comeback I think will do big business (and that's not just my EXO-L heart talking here) based on the success of the solos, the large fanbase and the greater dollars the older fans have to spend. Like I know I can spend a lot more on EXO now than I could back then!

• Who said about doing a GP friendly music? They can get lucky with one hit too with their own musical style. Kick It did decently, that wasn't a GP friendly song.

Kick It did amazing on bringing attention, popularity among idols, is iconic and had a lot of impact, I do consider it a hit among Korea for Kpop standards but people Will only look at charts when mentioning a hit, specially Melon which is a unique listeners fest rn, and NCT music is not made for charts, much less for depending on how likable it will be for people on their 30s,40s and higher.

• i think so too, in the future through. their concept is for forever. they just need a hit i guess.

• Everyone better be ready to stream NCT 127's comeback next month!

You can stream Maniac and Paint Me Naked in the meantime.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Also anticipate Yangyang and Ten dropping a summer bop next week! :froghype:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!