[PANNATIC] The age of a survival show's participant that put netizens in terror and horror

• Source: pannatic

The age of a survival show's participant that put netizens in terror and horror
    Sung Minchae, born in 2010 She's only one year older than OP's cat 1. Go Eunchae, 2008.08.25 2. Kim Minsol, 2008.03.14 3. Kim Minjoo, 2009...
    pannative.blogspot.com

The age of a survival show's participant that put netizens in terror and horror

847888CD-1ED0-4DB2-A585-E62C2EFAB089.jpeg

6A1BD529-2128-4444-9048-EA764120AA55.jpeg

E0054142-C2AA-4EDA-B687-BDEE27B624B6.jpeg

D0285448-F5C7-4497-8DFC-86CCF609FC7A.jpeg

Sung Minchae, born in 2010
    She's only one year older than OP's cat

F96948F2-6BE3-4C61-9839-4E20DB7EE0F9.jpeg

1. Go Eunchae, 2008.08.25
    2. Kim Minsol, 2008.03.14
    3. Kim Minjoo, 2009.01.02
    4. Kim Seon Yoo, 2008.03.20 (Participated in Mnet CAP-TEEN)
    5. Kim Soobin, 2009.06.13
    6. Kim Yoomin, 2008.05.025
    7. Kim Jungyoon, 2008.06.15
    8. Park Boeun, 2008.02.11
    9. Park Han Eum, 2009.06.20 (Kids Planet; A model under Kids Planet Ent, the youngest graduate from Kids-dol)
    10. Bomi Sera, 2009.03.30 (Kids Model)
    11. Sung Minchae, 2010.08.19
    12. Oh Yoojin, 2009.01.13 (Pocket-dol; Participated in Trot National Festival)

She's not the surprisingly young one in the show, there are some other participants who were born in 2008 and 2009.

She's participating in My Teenage Girl, an upcoming girl group survival show by MBC

theqoo

Comments:

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
    mKl7Ghm.png
    Flower field, that's where I'm at. Open land, that's where I'm at.

• yeah it was expected...

people were already complaining about GP999 after learning that Myah (still in the show) and few other girls are 15 (16 by Korean age), but then they've quickly realized that most skilled trainees are much older so the complains disappeared with those younger kids being eliminated early/not get screentime.

But there is big difference between being 10/11 and being 15/16...

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• But there is big difference between being 10/11 and being 15/16...

Now her co-competitors that are 15/16 seem old(er) compared to her, a literal child (because she's so small). She's not even a teen!

mKl7Ghm.png
    Flower field, that's where I'm at. Open land, that's where I'm at.

• Yeah imma side with the knets on this one. I'm not here for this addition of girls who are barely teenagers. Let them enjoy their childhood and teenage years they can debut once they are old enough to make their own decisions.

There was already a video of a scantily clad girl child dancing with her suited up partner to an overtly sexy song like trouble maker and it's one of the most viewed videos on jtbc voyage. The thumbnail speaks for itself. Call me a prude or whatever but that doesn't sit right with me.

It's not that they are seeing some untapped potential in literal children, there are many other ways to show a child's talent without oversexualising them or picking such songs to cover. Underage kids being sexualised when they aren't old enough to even give consent will always be gross. Period.

Desbundar

• Pls dont debut kids under 16…

Born in 2009 and 2010, this is just disturbing they are little kids not even teenagers.

7c25ce2c8ad70d3cb4c1b8d107dab8e0660c8148.gifv
    To me, the one basking in infinite glory is you, the one fallen from grace is also you. What matters is 'you' and not the state of you ♥[/align]

• I really hope this survival show doesn't happen, it would be unfair for it to stop early. Also, if MBC dares to make the kids to do sexual/inappropriate dances, I hope that show flops on its ass, it gets cancelled to straight up the underworld and producers get arrested. I bet even some of those kids know at least some of the implications in those clothes and dances, and for the young kids who don't, I feel sorry for all of those kids. Really disturbing and disgusting. Even by Korean age, the youngest kid isn't even 13 yet. So basically 0 support from the Korean audience. If you can't get support domestically, there's no way they can go internationally. (just to state as fact, not to paint k-fans as bad people, since I'm sure the majority are friendly and moral.)

• Okay this is crazy

arent there child labor laws in korea? how are they allowed to be out there, most probably earning money for their parents and company? how would a child who's barely a teenager (if at all) know how to manage any money they earn?

all i can say is that these kids are going to be made to work, and not focus on school. whatever money they earn will be managed by their parents (we all know how that one worked for britney spears) and without proper education, these children wont have any other route to get out of trainee debt, or just escape their contracts at all. And that's assuming these girls earn any money at all.

you can say i'm being pessimistic and that the parents will keep the money and the company will give them fair contracts, but any parent that lets their not even teenage child fall into a trap like this is not a good parent, and whatever company signs a literal child is not a good company.

sure the kids may have passion. "mama i want to dance" but if you go after childish whims like that and throw their chances at developing a future or living a normal life away then thats fecking stupid. if that was the case you'd see me working till 9pm after school to be a barbie doll or some shit like that. at age 10-11 you cant be certain of what their passion truly is. kids are fickle.

the idol life is taxing. these kids wont live a normal life, and definitely will be cutting school/not studying enough to a point where competing with their peers in cutthroat korean exams will be hard if they ever change their minds.

what exactly are child labor laws put in place for if this stuff isnt illegal. i understand teenagers need part time work to earn money to buy nice stuff, or even support themselves and their families, but idol work isnt part time or simple labor and these kids arent teenagers.

tldr: bad companies, bad parents, jail jail.

r o s e s   a n d   p e a c h e s

• What's up with their obsession with debuting young people? It's like they want literal children to enter the industry. They know how things go within the industry and it can really affect the child mentally.

Whoever approved of this is out of their mind.

• I was talking with my brother about this once, and he said there were NO child labour laws. I realise how serious that is now. Apparently, Jessica and her sister were scouted at 6-7. And NCT Dream didn't even grow to 5 foot yet, and I think Jeno was scouted at 7 too?

• Isn’t this also child labour? Like competing in a tv show is definitely not appropriate for such young children. I get conflicting emotions thinking about 16 - 18 year olds who are not even legal in Korea participating in these things. The idol industry and systems is highly dangerous for adults, let alone for teenagers or young adults. Parents should be fined for letting their children into such an environment. I think there should be a law that one has to be an adult in order to debut or at least 16/17 year old.

• I was talking with my brother about this once, and he said there were NO child labour laws. I realise how serious that is now. Apparently, Jessica and her sister were scouted at 6-7. And NCT Dream didn't even grow to 5 foot yet, and I think Jeno was scouted at 7 too?

yikes SM- yikes

wasnt jihyo also in JYP since she was a child? the blackpink girls were 14-16 and had their rich parents backing them up so i feel like it was less risky for them, but im sure YG has child laborers too.

this industry just seems to thrive on picking up little children. yikes.

r o s e s   a n d   p e a c h e s

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!