[PANNATIC] The age of a survival show's participant that put netizens in terror and horror

• It was a big controversy and people complained about it. It was actually really big on the international side.

Well nothing big enough to affect her debut. Koreans didn't seem to have a big of an issue about it, probably because Wonyoung is tall they didn't immediately think "baby" despite her early teen age

• What makes me more angry is how tone deaf some agencies are towards these controversies. Like I really liked Pnation and I was even starting to forget the whole Psy thing but to debut a child and ignoring people’s rightful criticism just destroyed my positive image of them

• Well nothing big enough to affect her debut. Koreans didn't seem to have a big of an issue about it, probably because Wonyoung is tall they didn't immediately think "baby" despite her early teen age

The problem is that the ones who complained weren’t the ones who will buy their albums. Also, staning underage people is a very big problem in the Korean entertainment industry or generally in Asia. In Japan there are a lot of artists (big name artists) who have scandals with underage girls. I really like Wonyoung. She is definitely someone who was born to be a star but the industry is not appropriate for young people

• Yeah imma side with the knets on this one. I'm not here for this addition of girls who are barely teenagers. Let them enjoy their childhood and teenage years they can debut once they are old enough to make their own decisions.

There was already a video of a scantily clad girl child dancing with her suited up partner to an overtly sexy song like trouble maker and it's one of the most viewed videos on jtbc voyage. The thumbnail speaks for itself. Call me a prude or whatever but that doesn't sit right with me.

It's not that they are seeing some untapped potential in literal children, there are many other ways to show a child's talent without oversexualising them or picking such songs to cover. Underage kids being sexualised when they aren't old enough to even give consent will always be gross. Period.

Scantily clad girls dancing is commonplace it seems. I was shocked when i saw this, a clip of a famous dancer from the LA dance scene. Apparently this is the norm for dance competitions, I said this before but ngl i was a bit uncomfortable and i am the least politically correct person on this forum.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Children being part of entertainment is nothing new although we knew it’s not good for them and the exploitation.

But I always find such young kids (12yo) debuting idols at such young age is especially icky to me. Let’s not pretend we don’t know that idols come with a side dish of pseudo relationship that is heavily implied. And talents are expressed in a way to entice the audience with sex appeal (whether scantily dressed or not). Some greedy people are just too tone deaf to see the ickiness of this whole situation and tried to thinly veiled it under the guise of talent.

• Okay so you guys kind of have to understand that they, yes, are children. But most of them are children that are technically not working. We all take lessons after school or do sports or something recreationally. They are also mostly doing something recreationally by comparison mostly (when training.) this tv show though?? No ma’am. That’s not right.

'*•.¸♡ NewJeans ♡¸.•*'

all this time. . . .。・:*˚:✧。

• Scantily clad girls dancing is commonplace it seems. I was shocked when i saw this, a clip of a famous dancer from the LA dance scene. Apparently this is the norm for dance competitions, I said this before but ngl i was a bit uncomfortable and i am the least politically correct person on this forum.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Yes this is actually wild but in heels? Like slay

'*•.¸♡ NewJeans ♡¸.•*'

all this time. . . .。・:*˚:✧。

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!