James cordon getting cancelled by army

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Edited once, last by zuzuhhaa ().

• EDIT: I meant I saw this tweet at first and didn't know about any background informations.

Sorry. Should have make myself clearer.

I saw this on twitter and I was like...okay. What did he do? :eyes::pepe-cross:

кιм נєηηιє ⭐︎мαησвαη ℓαℓιѕα⭐︎ ραяк ¢нαєуσυηg ⭐︎ кιм נιѕσσ

540 Jennie Kim ideas | blackpink jennie, kim, kim jennie Blackpink Jennie Teddy Bear Şapka | krimofashion.com  제니츄 on Twitter | Blackpink fashion, Fashion, Black pink

Edited 2 times, last by Marmaladeheart ().

• I saw this on twitter and I was like...okay. What did he do? :eyes::pepe-cross:

Are you asking seriously? He pulled the age old "15 year old fan girl" line out of a very tired hat.

• I saw this on twitter and I was like...okay. What did he do? :eyes::pepe-cross:

and I dont get what is unusual this is there 3 rd time 2 offline and 1 online

• Are you asking seriously? He pulled the age old "15 year old fan girl" line out of a very tired hat.

No, I meant that I saw this tweet at first and didn't know about any background informations.

540 Jennie Kim ideas | blackpink jennie, kim, kim jennie Blackpink Jennie Teddy Bear Şapka | krimofashion.com  제니츄 on Twitter | Blackpink fashion, Fashion, Black pink

• and I dont get what is unusual this is there 3 rd time 2 offline and 1 online

I'm afraid I don't understand your sentence. I actually only posted that because I saw this tweet first and didn't understand why someone tweeted it. Without any background informations. I just knew that James Cordon was someone "loved?" by armys. I guess I should have been clearer, sorry. Only after reading through the tweets now I know what the problem is.

• I get that writers of the show love a punchline but he sure didn't have to go with it.

He's the last one I expected to help push that narrative to his audience as I believe he genuinely does like and respect them.

Anything for a cheap laugh. Sad.

• Idk how it's "unusual" when they have already been there before. They weren't visitors, they were there for a reason. They gave a speech about sustainable development goals. They were there to represent youth around the world. They literally stayed for more than 24 hours and recorded a performance. Also.... they were invited by the UN themselves.

I can understand the ARMY joke but stop with that dead horse of "15 year old girls" and what you think about them. I guess everyone has this in their subconscious, they just try to hide it for some time but it eventually comes out.

Disappointed but not surprised.

• I'm afraid I don't understand your sentence. I actually only posted that because I saw this tweet first and didn't understand why someone tweeted it. Without any background informations. I just knew that James Cordon was someone "loved?" by armys. I guess I should have been clearer, sorry. Only after reading through the tweets now I know what the problem is.

actually I was talking abt what James said in the now deleted video I was just pointing out some of the reasons why he was getting cancelled

• It was a joke though I dont understand the outrage.

He was just highlighting the fact that the people tuning in for this political event wasnt the usual audience (which is true, bts fandom is indeed partially composed of young fans who wouldnt have cared about UN related matters otherwise).

He just expressed it in an exaggerated way because this is how jokes work. Not everything has to be taken this seriously...

Edited once, last by h28 ().

• actually I was talking abt what James said in the now deleted video I was just pointing out some of the reasons why he was getting cancelled

ah ok, I understand. Sorry, english isn't my first language. I always have some problems to understand some things :peperain:

I don’t like this account. They hype up solo stans

• It was a joke though I dont understand the outrage.

He was just highlighted the fact that the people tuning in for this political event wasnt the usual audience (which is true, bts fandom is indeed partially composed of young fans who wouldnt have cared about UN related matters otherwise).

He just expressed it in an exaggerated way because this is how jokes work.

exactly only partially not fully and these young fans who don't care abt matters only donate for the society according to you

• While of course I’m disappointed about James portraying ARMY as 15 years old girls, I’m more disappointed that he didn’t emphasis the message that BTS wanted to share during the UNSD meeting. He could highlight the message that covid is not the end, but can be the beginning (welcome generation), bad things happen but we can try to make the best out of it (I’m just paraphrasing here), even about advocating vaccination.., so many things Corden can help push the message but he prefer cheap jokes. Pity

• exactly only partially not fully and these young fans who don't care abt matters only donate for the society according to you

Even if they are just a part of the fandom, them tuning in still resultied in an unusual amount of young people getting interested in this kind of event. Which is pretty much what he implied with his joke. At the end of day it was really just that, a joke. I dont think his intention was to disrespect bts.

i didnt understand what you meant with the bolt part of your reply, sorry...

• never knew just saw it on my tl and sounded pretty right to me

I like this account too. And I’ve been following since 2018. Sometimes there was a bit of bias but it is human nature.

As long as someone love the boys or one of them or just their song, I’m alright with that person. Because it’s not about me, it’s about having people on board for the BTS taking over the world agenda lol

• Even if they are just a part if the fandom, them tuning in still resultied in an unusual amount of young people getting interested in the event. Which is pretty much what he implied with his joke.

i didnt understand what you meant with the bolt part of your reply, sorry...

I think bts getting younger people to get interested in these stuff is something we need because the now younger generation is the next generation I meant to say the young fans who u told r just watching for bts and r not interested in social matter are the ones donating for the societies well being

• Not everything is a joke too.

If he doesnt believe and care about

that event just continue with his cringey

af jokes with his audience and stop using

bts for clout and views.

• Disappointed but not surprised, probably 90% of the celebrities that suck it up to BTS do it just for the hype and personal gain, hence why they never talk about the truly important stuff like the message that BTS tries to convey through music and whatnot. I would think twice before giving these celebrities any clout for allegedly "stanning/supporting" BTS.

• OP, this thread is a bad idea. Watch it turn into Armys are overreacting, blah blah, etc soon.

we just need to ignore those comments because I dont think this is over reacting calling army a bunch of 15 yr old teenagers and calling BTS unusual guests when they have been a part of the UNGA a couple of times I get that he was may be trying to be funny but instead of that he could have highlighted the message bts meant to deliver there

• Disappointed but not surprised, probably 90% of the celebrities that suck it up to BTS do it just for the hype and personal gain, hence why they never talk about the truly important stuff like the message that BTS tries to convey through music and whatnot. I would think twice before giving these celebrities any clout for allegedly "stanning/supporting" BTS.

so true army hype up any celeb who mention bts on twitter at this point

• While of course I’m disappointed about James portraying ARMY as 15 years old girls, I’m more disappointed that he didn’t emphasis the message that BTS wanted to share during the UNSD meeting. He could highlight the message that covid is not the end, but can be the beginning (welcome generation), bad things happen but we can try to make the best out of it (I’m just paraphrasing here), even about advocating vaccination.., so many things Corden can help push the message but he prefer cheap jokes. Pity

See. He can encourage his "mature"

audience to watch Bts speech so that they

would know why Unga inviting "unusual

guest" in their assembly.

• Cordon that dig of bts having 15 yo fangirls needs to die. This stands for media covering other boybands and their fandoms too.

Teenage fangirls first of all are not some sub human class, where all of them behave deranged like the media portrays them to be.

They have just as much taste as teenage boys but are just judged so harshly for what they like. Whereas sports fans who exhibit the same or even worse behaviour are seen as nothing out of the ordinary.

External Content youtu.be

Desbundar

• I don't see anything wrong with that joke considering most BTS fans are teen girls. Unless other army members think being a teen girl is bad, I don't see why there is any outrage.

James obviously not listening to the album though, yikes that could have been horrible PR for him.

• Cancel is a strong word. I was kinda iffy about him but gave it a pass bc the interviews and segments were good but yeah.

The joke could be a joke if it wasn't so severely overused and not just by James Corden but by CNN, New York Times. There's a need to infantilize Bangtan and their fans that is really upsetting, especially for this serious matter.

• This thread contains 273 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!