James cordon getting cancelled by army

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Go to Best Answer
  • External Content twitter.com

• Wut? How is this remotely offensive? He's obviously referencing the irony of BTS fandom's name being "Army" while BTS themselves are performing/speaking at an institution designed to promote world peace.

ETA: ok never mind, i just listened to the last crack about 15 year old girls 8|

• EDIT: I meant I saw this tweet at first and didn't know about any background informations.

Sorry. Should have make myself clearer.

I saw this on twitter and I was like...okay. What did he do? :eyes::pepe-cross:

ᒪᗩᑕKIᑎK IYOᑌᖇ ᖇEᗩ

кιм נєηηιє ⭐︎ ℓαℓιѕα мαησвαη ⭐︎ ραяк ¢нαєуσυηg ⭐︎ кιм נιѕσσ

TWICE. BTS. IVE. REDVELVET. BIGBANG. AESPA. ITZY. SNSD. WONDERGIRLS.

2e9551812e041c122ff6b268151fc33166078a28.gifv

Edited 2 times, last by Marmaladeheart ().

• I saw this on twitter and I was like...okay. What did he do? :eyes::pepe-cross:

Are you asking seriously? He pulled the age old "15 year old fan girl" line out of a very tired hat.

STEP Stan BTS STEP ANTICIPATE ::PROOF:: 2022.06.10 STEP Visit bulletproof

bts-2022-proof-extra.gif

• I saw this on twitter and I was like...okay. What did he do? :eyes::pepe-cross:

and I dont get what is unusual this is there 3 rd time 2 offline and 1 online

• Are you asking seriously? He pulled the age old "15 year old fan girl" line out of a very tired hat.

No, I meant that I saw this tweet at first and didn't know about any background informations.

ᒪᗩᑕKIᑎK IYOᑌᖇ ᖇEᗩ

• and I dont get what is unusual this is there 3 rd time 2 offline and 1 online

I'm afraid I don't understand your sentence. I actually only posted that because I saw this tweet first and didn't understand why someone tweeted it. Without any background informations. I just knew that James Cordon was someone "loved?" by armys. I guess I should have been clearer, sorry. Only after reading through the tweets now I know what the problem is.

ᒪᗩᑕKIᑎK IYOᑌᖇ ᖇEᗩ

• I get that writers of the show love a punchline but he sure didn't have to go with it.

He's the last one I expected to help push that narrative to his audience as I believe he genuinely does like and respect them.

Anything for a cheap laugh. Sad.

• Idk how it's "unusual" when they have already been there before. They weren't visitors, they were there for a reason. They gave a speech about sustainable development goals. They were there to represent youth around the world. They literally stayed for more than 24 hours and recorded a performance. Also.... they were invited by the UN themselves.

I can understand the ARMY joke but stop with that dead horse of "15 year old girls" and what you think about them. I guess everyone has this in their subconscious, they just try to hide it for some time but it eventually comes out.

Disappointed but not surprised.

• I'm afraid I don't understand your sentence. I actually only posted that because I saw this tweet first and didn't understand why someone tweeted it. Without any background informations. I just knew that James Cordon was someone "loved?" by armys. I guess I should have been clearer, sorry. Only after reading through the tweets now I know what the problem is.

actually I was talking abt what James said in the now deleted video I was just pointing out some of the reasons why he was getting cancelled

• It was a joke though I dont understand the outrage.

He was just highlighting the fact that the people tuning in for this political event wasnt the usual audience (which is true, bts fandom is indeed partially composed of young fans who wouldnt have cared about UN related matters otherwise).

He just expressed it in an exaggerated way because this is how jokes work. Not everything has to be taken this seriously...

Edited once, last by h28 ().

• actually I was talking abt what James said in the now deleted video I was just pointing out some of the reasons why he was getting cancelled

ah ok, I understand. Sorry, english isn't my first language. I always have some problems to understand some things :peperain:

ᒪᗩᑕKIᑎK IYOᑌᖇ ᖇEᗩ

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!