Can we separate the art from the artist ??

• Can we really ? Would you still stan your oppa when he is a piece of shit who cheats , abuse and manipulate women ?

I mean huge part of idols or any influencer getting big following is the personality/aesthetic/style and how they brand themselves , if thats shitty are they still worth stanning ? Especially when they are talentless and there is nothing left to stan for

• Honestly 50/50 I get it.

Like I'm not fully supporting their new stuff after the scandal anymore.

But I can't just pretend suddenly I don't like their old stuff when I liked it .

I would still play it on my Spotify and yt . I'm not buying their album and promote them tho.

Honestly even if I stream their song like twic a day , how many do you think they will get from me??

Not even 20 dollar per year pretty sure.

I just don't like the idea how people change their memories.

Just like how the BigBang situation .

They almost lost all the poll in here when people comparing their song to other group songs.

Even tho when that song came out there's really no competition .

But suddenly people be like "that song sucks" "ewww"

Even tho when that song came out they're probably jamming with it too .

Just say"I hate this member" "I don't like this group" "I used to like it"

Just be honest ,Why have to lie about the song/the art .

I just don't like the idea people have to pretend to be accepted .

• Most cannot. There are artists and groups I can't gel with their energy, but if they drop a good song, verse, or album, I gotta call it. I personally don't stan or id0lize because I know they are flawed and can potentially become corrupt just like anybody else.

Edited once, last by DMV2DMZ ().

• This! Totally this. I still listen to AOA songs even though I already don't know what's happening anymore.

The BB one is soooooo true. They are losing all polls and it's not bc their music is bad, it's just that people want to be the cool kids who don't listen to BB anymore... Anyways, if the said member is still on the group after the scandal, it will be difficult to support the whole group, but i won't stop listening to their old stuff if i like it.

• So long as you're not one of those oppalogists who pretends that the scandal didn't happen then yes you can seperate the art from the artist

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

• yes

Knowing that TOP & Gdragons are drug addict and seungri is a total piece of shit

will not stop me from streaming hard their songs like loser or let's not fall in love

knowing Jimin is a bully don't stop me from bopping my head or singing to each one of her verse in AOA songs

or knowing that Dahee blackmail someone and did some jail, doesn't make me hate Glam songs neither

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from Chill Kill #aespa from Chill Kill

• Depends on the scandal for me. Some of them are a little like... a rando decided to be an idiot and is now embarrassed and trying to drag the idol down, and I don't care about that. If you do something stupid trying to get something from a celebrity, that's on you.

Ones like Chris Brown or Dr. Luke, I don't support. If their songs come on the radio, I change the station. There is no one so talented that you have no choice but to support trash.

let's be friends

e9b8a6c6366aecb3faf71dcc6b4488775b109abb.gif

• In Idol case u can't BC they're not selling music they selling themselves but u Can with a Real artist for me i love Lana del Rey music don't really Care about her scandals

• Knowing that TOP & Gdragons are drug addict

Are you for real? YGE was visited by police almost every month to make drug tests on them and they always appeared negative to such things.

Using this "nickname" isn't cute specially with GD whom drug scandal was +10 years ago and TOP who was caught once and the backlash was so huge that he almost killed himself with medicine so please, be aware of what words you use with people who were caught years ago and now are clean.

• i genuinely do not care about my "oppa" enough to support him when he's being a d*ck

especially since scandals should be a reminder to everyone that idols are people who can do dumb shit all the time, so being delusional and supporting them when they're clearly in the wrong is going to do nothing but make you look worse.

but yes, id still listen to their music. but I wouldn't stand up for them.

like I don't admit this often by I used to like seungri, well until the whole thing happened. i still listen to his songs occasionally, but they don't really hit the same anymore ;(

• Can we really ? Would you still stan your oppa when he is a piece of shit who cheats , abuse and manipulate women ?

I mean huge part of idols or any influencer getting big following is the personality/aesthetic/style and how they brand themselves , if thats shitty are they still worth stanning ? Especially when they are talentless and there is nothing left to stan for

No more stanning. Music if it is really good I would still listen but from sites where they steal the music from the official company, like color coded lyric videos and other youtubers upload it.

• interesting OP...

but why only he???

what about all the female idols?

^^^

selfmate is right

why are you only calling out male idols

there are tons of female idols who have just been terrible people

like that girl everyone hates?? i think she even tried to drag taehyung into something once as well???

• Hard question. As a fan of the Beatles and Stones, both groups had their share of cheaters and abusers. John Lennon in the few years before he was murdered seemed to be trying to be a good father to his second son.

I am a fan of Eric Clapton but putting out a song about not getting the vaccine seems totally irresponsible right now. There are so many places in the world who are struggling so hard during this new wave.

• No more stanning. Music if it is really good I would still listen but from sites where they steal the music from the official company, like color coded lyric videos and other youtubers upload it.

U do know those color coded lyric video are probably got copyright claim .

Meaning the uploader got no mmoneyand the money still goes to the copyright owner .

And I don't really care , it's not like I'm an influencer or something I'm just 1 person , I can't change a thing.

Even if I'm stream their mv 5 times a day to listen to the music .

I don't think they will even get 1 dollar from me in a month coz my country cpm is garbage.

Or just use an adblocker if u really don't want to support them .

Why make it complicated.

• Han Seon Hee? She's not an idol or thought of as an idol.

wasn't she in the industry for a while? am i tripping like she trained and everything? idk i never gave two f*cks about her anyways :rolleyes:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!