BILLBOARD on Army's crowdfunding

• Yay let’s hype a xenophobic and racist article bcos my hater bone for BTS is bigger than anything

wow WTF i wonder how your mind work to turn this article into something xenophobic or racist '-'

nothing said in this article is xenophobic or racist, you need to take a deep breath

and they aren't even talking about BTS themselves but about the tactics of their fandom

did you know that a fandom is make of different nationalities etc... so i need you to explain me how targetting and mentionning the tactics of a fandom is something xenophobic and racist

too bad for you if you're trigger by this article

but don't use this word too easily everytime something trigger you '-'

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON

• I love RM and Bighit answer to that question. They always are not afraid to meet problems heads on

551E16B2-829B-49C6-9114-A3801C773AF2.jpeg

DDE35E93-B6D4-4E4E-9C37-A5EB659446FA.jpeg

Source

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Yay let’s hype a xenophobic and racist article bcos my hater bone for BTS is bigger than anything

Billboard giving awards to BTS

Armys: We love billboard!

Billboard writing an article about BTS

Armys: They are racist! Xenophobic!

Grammy nominating BTS

Armys: Grammy is the most prestigious award!

When BTS didn't win the Grammy

Armys: They are racist! Xenophobic!

see the trend?

• I don’t need to explain shit to you. Anyone with common sense can see how BB has been targeting these boys for a while now. Asking them directly about what other fans of competiting artists are saying? Quoting troll Twitter acc as sources? Not talking about their music or artistry more than these fking questions? Even when they mention they feel targetted for being a kpop group ?

• No I don’t, no armys in their sane mind said they love billboard. Stick to your lame ass trolling.

• Have you even read the article? How come they never mention the cheap tactics that Western fans/labels use for US artists such as radio payola, VPN and labels manipulating streaming playlists as they wish but won't hesitate to jump on BTS and their fans for buying music? It's not hard to guess what they imply and mostly because they're a foreign act topping charts in US/Worldwide.

• Actually, I guess I'm the only one who's glad Billboard is asking these questions. Because these accusations has been going on for a long time and have to be addressed about somewhere anyway. Billboard was right to call the fans out, because we know, including the fans, that even though it wasn't a hit among the general public, the only reason we've managed to keep songs at the top of the charts is because we can buy a lot. And Namjoon/HYBE was right to call Billboard out because the fans played by the rules and if they're weren't happy with that, they could always change the rules. The reason why they can't change the rules is also obvious because other artists will suffer as well and sales will drop even more. So, actually I think it's good to go over the question and give the answers in a way. Namjoon and HYBE have managed to handle shady questions successfully. :thumbup:

"Don’t judge a book by its cover. Everybody has a reason and everybody has a story. I hope people don’t judge a person based on what they see." Kim Taehyung

b9067265d2fcc30fa3ee1ba591881fc0865471a4.jpg

• they put salty western stan tweets as their sources and people think armys are overreacting lmao this is the worst article i've ever seen

Kpop stans siding with the article probably don’t realise this is the fate of every popular non American artist out there. They don’t fking call out western artists for payola/ playlisting and sampling a whole album but call out BTS and armys for doing what everyone else is? Which fandom doesn’t raise funds? Which fandom doesn’t stream? The vendetta to smear their name and status is so clear.

• Actually, I guess I'm the only one who's glad Billboard is asking these questions. Because these accusations has been going on for a long time and have to be addressed about somewhere anyway. Billboard was right to call the fans out, because we know, including the fans, that even though it wasn't a hit among the general public, the only reason we've managed to keep songs at the top of the charts is because we can buy a lot. And Namjoon/HYBE was right to call Billboard out because the fans played by the rules and if they're weren't happy with that, they could always change the rules. The reason why they can't change the rules is also obvious because other artists will suffer as well and sales will drop even more. So, actually I think it's good to go over the question and give the answers in a way. Namjoon and HYBE have managed to handle shady questions successfully. :thumbup:

100% agree

also no fandom hide themself that they are doing this so i don't really understand now that they are mad that BB is talking about it '-'

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON

• Billboard is a joke. The power of this fandom wasn’t mentioned in the article when they raised One million dollars for BLM in less than 24 hours or when it embarrassed the president of the United States with an empty campaign rally stop.

Justin Bieber gave his fans the blueprint to chart manipulation when Yummy looked like it was going to fall short to Number One. Army is an easy target to hit because of its global massive size

• This.

• Billboard never ceases to show how pressed bts makes them. They're always making passive aggressive articles like these. I never regret the day I blocked them

• Ok namjoon spilled. He basically said it's your system why you complaining? Just make streaming weigh more than physicals and downloads and you are good to go lmao. Errrything legal here mate.

And not at other kpop fandoms rejoicing like this isnt exactly how a KPOP fandom works? Like I just hope by the time other fandoms get big they won't get the same level of scrutiny because to the West this is new and "manipulation" but in the next few years ya'll will be able to the same and it will be " oh yh, I remember thats just how Kpop works and how fans buy..no big deal"

But until then as the kpop representative BTS gets all the lashings and attacks from the West where this all seems sus and new. And basically it's crazy to these top dogs to see fans supporting at such a coordinated level and which has nothing to do with their own powers of manipulation/curation of lists/payola etc of charts behind the scenes. They are seething.

Also as if this trash article quoted stan twitter of anti's to help their point. Did they think getting quotes from olivia and dua lipa stans was going to be positive or useful in anyway?? I'm done lol.

• Again why is BTS getting slammed for having an insanely smart, organized, massive fandom? You can’t tell people how to spend their money or who they give it to. I don’t understand the mass buying appeal but the demand for $500 plus concert tour tickets tells you that buying a few albums or downloads are nothing.

• Makes sense.

But I think it would have been better to mention that this is a common Kpop practice before people scream chart manipulation lol

These tactics are not exclusive to kpop fans. All the western pop fandoms try it but have very little success since their fandoms aren't as massive and dedicated.

Justin literally encouraged his fans to use vpns and to buy as many copies as they could.S wifties also have crowd funding ventures just like kpop fans. The numbers they manage to raise are just not enough to matter.

Billboard is always just selective when it come to bts. They've tried to shade bts for using remixes while applauding Taylor for using the exact same tactic. Heck she even had more remixes and versions than bts but not a single negative word from bb.

• I fking love Namjoon. I feel so sorry for the shit he has to go through in these interviews. He rightfully defended them and ARMYs against this nonsensical questions.

BTS must be so tired of these constant xenophobia and racism.

I also like his statement a lot. I don’t know why but I felt he called out some of these “gp” acts. Like he insinuated they are not mainstream but they are selling out stadiums, whiles we all know these “gp” certified acts with huge US streams can’t even sell out a 7.5k seat concert. :eyes:

Damn RM :pepe-life-support:

• This thread contains 181 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!