• well it means you need to find better taste in music because the best Twice song is Knock Knock and if you don't Fancy my answer then you can just Cry for Me Likey TT ;(

lol maybe Knock Knock is the best, but to be clear, I haven' heard anything of Twice prior Feel Special.

• lol maybe Knock Knock is the best, but to be clear, I haven' heard anything of Twice prior Feel Special.

its all good my friend - each to their own. I'm off to bed so i'll leave you with Knock Knock

External Content m.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

see if you like it or not

• see if you like it or not

Meh, not a fan. It's the kind of sound and imagery that made me unintersted at first. When I started listening to k-pop, I was more into girl crush/strong concepts and such. Their latest material has evolved into something more mature so I can enjoy it. But their older songs, I'm not sure. Same thing with GFriend for that matter.

SSJ/OT6 comeback waiting room...

SSJ.png

• Knowledge comes from life experience and age, wisdom. I’ve lived a lot in my 52 years and have experienced some hard time times that unless you have been there too cannot relate.

I’ve had many a quarrel with some on the old forum that tried to‘show me up’ but a lot of them were still youngsters at school or living at home that no idea what they’re talking about. Knowledge is a wonderous thing but also a dangerous thing in the wrong hands. I’m also blessed with incredible general knowledge that stems from a good education and an intelligent mind.

• Knowledge comes from life experience and age, wisdom. I’ve lived a lot in my 52 years and have experienced some hard time times that unless you have been there too cannot relate.

I’ve had many a quarrel with some on the old forum that tried to‘show me up’ but a lot of them were still youngsters at school or living at home that no idea what they’re talking about. Knowledge is a wonderous thing but also a dangerous thing in the wrong hands. I’m also blessed with incredible general knowledge that stems from a good education and an intelligent mind.

Yep, it's always rich when some clueless teenagers try to teach you some life lessons, right? I can relate.

SSJ/OT6 comeback waiting room...

SSJ.png

• Meh, not a fan. It's the kind of sound and imagery that made me unintersted at first. When I started listening to k-pop, I was more into girl crush/strong concepts and such. Their latest material has evolved into something more mature so I can enjoy it. But their older songs, I'm not sure. Same thing with GFriend for that matter.

I'm weirdlike this not a big fan of their cute stuff either but just KK apparently lol

• I am from sk but i mostly grew up in germany so i know how koreans think about it already, i wonder what the rest of the world is thinking.

I do not have enough information about that to say anything really. Maybe you can share your personal thoughts.

Well i'm quite a pacifist and advocate antimilitarism in general, so that is my take on it.

• okay but one little question:

As an american /or not american, do you think south korea needs support from the us military? And what do you think are americans liked or not, by korean citizens?

I'll answer the first part of your question but I cannot answer the second since I'm not Korean lol

SK absolutely needs US support as an ally if not the Chinese will probably slowly push NK to invade the south again.

Everyone knows that China supported NK in the war and continues to support NK - I personally think that China is merely using NK as a shield to deflect attention away from itself and act as a natural land barrier to SK in case the US ever does something "interesting"

• I'll answer the first part of your question but I cannot answer the second since I'm not Korean lol

SK absolutely needs US support as an ally if not the Chinese will probably slowly push NK to invade the south again.

Everyone knows that China supported NK in the war and continues to support NK - I personally think that China is merely using NK as a shield to deflect attention away from itself and act as a natural land barrier to SK in case the US ever does something "interesting"

I don't think China today would support any military attempt coming from North Korea.

So I don't think SK needs the US. The Cold War is over.

• It's not even who needs who. The US retaining bases on South Korea and Japan is to ensure China is in check, North Korea or otherwise, even if it's just flexing. The region is too important to let China be the big looming presence and without any opposition.

• It's not even who needs who. The US retaining bases on South Korea and Japan is to ensure China is in check, North Korea or otherwise, even if it's just flexing. The region is too important to let China be the big looming presence and without any opposition.

China already dominates economically. They don't need the big guns when the entire world is already queuing up to purchase their goods. US military bases exist to defend American interests, not to protect the free world from potential big baddies.

• China already dominates economically. They don't need the big guns when the entire world is already queuing up to purchase their goods. US military bases exist to defend American interests, not to protect the free world from potential big baddies.

Never said those bases are there to protect the free world. The US ensures they have presence in Southeast and East Asia to stoke and maintain any conflict with China and its neighboring countries. Protect their own interests. Taiwan doesn't like China. Hong Kong didn't had a say back in 1997 but it only tolerated China when it was within arms length. Japan, Vietnam, Philippines, and India have territorial disputes with China as well. North Korea and South Korea is basically a proxy for US and China.

• Never said those bases are there to protect the free world. The US ensures they have presence in Southeast and East Asia to stoke and maintain any conflict with China and its neighboring countries. Protect their own interests. Taiwan doesn't like China. Hong Kong didn't had a say back in 1997 but it only tolerated China when it was within arms reach. Japan, Vietnam, Philippines, and India have territorial disputes with China as well. North Korea and South Korea is basically a proxy for US and China.

Fair enough.

• okay but one little question:

As an american /or not american, do you think south korea needs support from the us military? And what do you think are americans liked or not, by korean citizens?

I will give a try.

Korea definitely needs support of the US military (the same as all other countries who are in all kind of alliances with USA). It's surrounded by powerfull, not so friendly countries. It's the only way of surviving. This is something I am sure about.

Now, second question I will answer just based on the things that I can see on the internet (it can easily be untrue). I think that the real question actually is: "Are Koreans brainwashed by the West (mostly USA) propaganda or not?" Their propaganda is insanely huge and Korea could be easily influenced by it a lot bc of it's position. It's easier for Koreans to become it since they are kinda "saperated" from the rest of world, like their neighbors are mostly those "not so friendly countries". So it is even the smartest for government to actually make people believe in all this propaganda imo. Also, almost everything Korean I saw had a little bit of this propaganda too. Idk... I will go with "yes, they are liked by Koreans".

Now, you should tell us the truth!

• Most of the idols begin training at very young age like 14, which means that they don't have the chance to get the education as most normal people do. So they are being ignorant is expected, especially when you watch their interview or some variety shows, you will feel so surprised, sometimes I feel so embarrassed by them. but who am I to judge, ignorance is bliss.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!