3. Ailee - Soloist (13) 19%
    4. Rose - Blackpink (8) 12%
    5. Jihyo - Twice (7) 10%
    6. Siyeon - Dreamcatcher (5) 7%
    7. Yuju - GFriend (4) 6%
    8. Solar - Mamamoo (4) 6%
    9. Chuu - Loona (1) 1%
    10. BoA - Soloist (0) 0%

i would do male vocalists but it's pretty obvious the certain exo members who would flood my comment section. i feel like it's more debatable when it comes to female idols. so here we go.

• obviously wendy , yuju , taeyeon aillee and seunghee

i have a personal preferance for rosie's voice tho

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• ailee. wouldnt consider her an idol tho so luna is the top for female idols in terms of skill and technique.

the vocal representative for ggs is taeyeon tho imo. and for third + fourth gen wendy has it in the bag for technique hands down.

"

" svt + blackpink supremacy

final-1.gif

• If we're talking about singing technique, I'd say Taeyeon

and compared her to others, she had the most experience and knowledge so not really surprising

영원히 소녀시대! BLACKPINK IS THE REVOLUTION                      original.gif

• Based on supported range

Ailee >> Taeyeon/Wendy > BoA > Yuju > Solar > Jihyo > Rosé > Chuu > Siyeon.

Ailee won by large margin, her supported range is G3/G#3 - F5/F#5 - B5. Well developed mixed and upper register. An decent low register

Taeyeon and Wendy. Tae's supported range is G3/G#3 - C#5/D5 - F5/F#5, and Wendy is F#3/G3 - C#5/D5 - A5/Bb5. Both are interchangeable but Taeyeon takes the lead because her resonance is very consistent and big in the A4 - C#5. Wendy is inconsistent with resonance but she's capable to do it. Wendy has stronger low and head voice/falsetto, its wider and supports better than Taeyeon. But Taeyeon's resonance is the reason why she takes the lead by super small margin. As i said before, both are interchangeable.

BoA. F3/F#3 - B4/C5 - E5. Well developed low register among sopranos, ocassionally supports D3, Eb3, and E3. Decent mix and upper register. She's very comfortable singing in lower register

Yuju, one of the strongest 3rd gen GG main vocalist. G3/G#3 - B4/C5(F5) - F5. Decent lower register and has improve for the past few years. Regressed mixed register, at her peak she supported up to C#5 with consistent resonance. But seems like she regressed, the starts was during the sunrise era. Her vocal cords is probably exhausted from doing countless extreme high note, she has difficulty to hit high notes now but i hope she can regain her skills. Her upper register is pretty good.

Solar. A3 - C#5. One of my favorite vocalist. Great belters. Okayish low register, and decent mixed. Able to resonant the notes up to C#5 eventhough it's pushed. She used falsetto rather than HV, so that's her minus. Tbh, Wheein is stronger than her but i get it because she's the better belter.

Jihyo. A3 - B4/C5. Okay lower register and okay mixed register. She's recently has started to support some C5s, actually she has improved gradually and i'm proud of her. Not to far off producing resonance, but she need to open up more. No real-signs of head voice.

Rosé. Arguably A3/Bb3 - G#4/A4 (shallow). She supports inconsistently but if she supports it's pretty good. Has a lot of potential, but that stylistic way of singing is her obstacle to reach better supports, let alone resonance. Has shown a connected head-voice

Chuu. A3/Bb3 - G#4 (shallow). Seems promising but overlooked by her fans.

Siyeon. N/A supported range. Very stylistic with too much tension and closed throat. The irony is she taught Yoohyeon about singing but Yoohyeon is the better vocalist and even better than Rosé with small margin.

TL;DR

My opinion, Taeyeon is my favorite main vocalist. For me she's the best vocalist (subjective). The way she sing is very recognizable and she can conveys emotion really well. She sings as if she was divorced for 7 times. Paying for her concert is one of the best decision i've ever made, no regrets. Stan Taeyeon while she's still active

• nah who cares about resonance or whatever that sht that fake vocal coaches been spitting

best vocalists are those who are capable of singing live without lots of fails and delivers really well.

just like how iPhones are beating those full specs cheap with multicores and gazillion pixels android fones in day to day usage

1. Hyolyn

2. Rose

3. Taeyeon

emotion, consistency, live delivery, and of course distinction of voice

• Don't know or care about technique, but Wendy is the best singer I've ever heard.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

♥ My Love Is like Water ♥

311affc808fe8b84b748ffc0ba9642c4df6edb5b.gifvb8efbd7a179cbb92409a6f72934b5f19878bbc3e.gifvfb085854c6994cd9cf7d1e021583a8869dbf35d3.gifv525f540e2c36dad00d209964a89dc1f2f31c3627.gifv

• https://kpopvocalanalysis.net/ vocal analysis is a legit thing. i got references from that site. you can say anything about vocal ranking. there are explanation about vocal technique in that website. being a vocalist is not as simple as people think. have you ever wonder why kpop idol spend their life as trainee to be a good vocalist? :wellr:

• I thought this was common knowledge, at least when we rank based on (objectively analysable) vocal technique and exclude the personal preference stuff like voice color and distinctiveness.

Based on vocal technique, is this the ranking:

1. Ailee

2-3. Taeyeon / Wendy

4. Yuju

5. Solar

6. BoA

7. Jihyo

8. Rose

Not sure where Chuu and Siyeon would rank.

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!