• That's part 2 my friend you've jumped the gun hahaha :) everything you've said is correct

Ahh again part 2 my friend :) - what do you do about such things - everything you've said is true

I guess you won't find any disagreements on this thread (since you've said, you would like to hear other opinions) ^^ maybe those, who disagree are not coming to the thread named Knowledge and are not reading the whole intro part :D
    Btw i don't know if that's correct, but 46 guests are supposed to be viewing this thread right now? Maybe they will learn something :D

• I guess you won't find any disagreements on this thread (since you've said, you would like to hear other opinions) ^^ maybe those, who disagree are not coming to the thread named Knowledge and are not reading the whole intro part :D
    Btw i don't know if that's correct, but 46 guests are supposed to be viewing this thread right now? Maybe they will learn something :D

Nah something tells me this is far from over. Expect thesis-length replies, it's just probably too early still on some parts of the world.

Per the topic. It just usually boils down to who shouts the loudest or who can strong arm the most. Been like that in the old forum and I can even tell who would show up in those sort of threads itching for a fight.

• Nah something tells me this is far from over. Expect thesis-length replies, it's just probably too early still on some parts of the world.

Per the topic. It just usually boils down to who shouts the loudest or who can strong arm the most. Been like that in the old forum and I can even tell who would show up in those sort of threads itching for a fight.

Lol alright then, when the 'shouting debate' comes, i'm off, can't handle the shouting and 'the loudest has the power' :D

• I agree about your point. I think even in the era where information easily accessed through the internet, it doesn't mean everyone knows about history. History is learned as early as in school but it much more focused on their own nation. Even if they learn about world history as a whole, it doesn't mean everyone will know about it. As OP said, there also place where people can't get an education.

• I guess you won't find any disagreements on this thread (since you've said, you would like to hear other opinions) ^^ maybe those, who disagree are not coming to the thread named Knowledge and are not reading the whole intro part :D

maybe i need something more clickbaity like BTS have no knowledge! that'll draw a crow

• Lol alright then, when the 'shouting debate' comes, i'm off, can't handle the shouting and 'the loudest has the power' :D

To be fair though, I haven't seen some of the usual suspects in a long time.

I usually just say my piece and vamoose. It's also one of the reasons why I stick to the sidelines and avoid controversial threads (or just the kpop threads in general). Most of the time, it's not a hill I'm willing to die on anyway.

• Nah something tells me this is far from over. Expect thesis-length replies, it's just probably too early still on some parts of the world.

hhaaha i like thesis legnth replies it makes for a more interesting read than

nah you're delulu or something

• To be fair though, I haven't seen some of the usual suspects in a long time.

I usually just say my piece and vamoose. It's also one of the reasons why I stick to the sidelines and avoid controversial threads (or just the kpop threads in general). Most of the time, it's not a hill I'm willing to die on anyway.

:D Same for me. Well i have no problem stating my opinion, but i'm at least trying to be understanding and respectful of circumstances.

But I also avoid threads that are just calling for baseless accusations or 'dragging each other or their faves'. Even if you decide to participate in such discussion, you achieve nothing, the participants are too emotional invested and trying to prove their right without listening (reading in this case) to anyone else. Not worth of the stress, there is enough stress in everyday life, entertainment is supposed to entertain me :D

• Even if you decide to participate in such discussion, you achieve nothing, the participants are too emotional invested and trying to prove their right without listening (reading in this case) to anyone else. Not worth of the stress, there is enough stress in everyday life, entertainment is supposed to entertain me :D

So true. I engaged a lot in those discussions lately and it's just debilitating. You try to make a good and reasoned argument, yet people either ignore it or misrepresent it. And in no time the conversation runs in circles. I should let go but because i'm stuck at home and bored, I go back at it all guns blazing. Lot of frustation ensues, especially when I start getting called names. Yesterday I was called a dipshit. Today I learned I was defending anti semitism. What a ride!

• So true. I engaged a lot in those discussions lately and it's just debilitating. You try to make a good and reasoned argument, yet people either ignore it or misrepresent it. And in no time the conversation runs in circles. I should let go but because i'm stuck at home and bored, I go back at it all guns blazing. Lot of frustation ensues, especially when I start getting called names. Yesterday I was called a dipshit. Today I learned I was defending anti semitism. What a ride!

I haven't even read those threads there were thrilling lately, it seems too frustrating.

Name calling is just wrong.... I think that happens when people become too emotional and hostile or they try to provoke you. I guess it worked, since you are saying you became frustrated and couldn't back off. Especially with those online debates you should learn to be chill and relaxed, if people say something bad about someone, it says more about them than the person they are trying to humiliate. (but i don't know or even want to know the context of your debates hehe, i'm just speaking generally)

• Singapore, it will never get to my country like y'all probably can't even point it on the world map. At most is people calling SEA poor and that SEA is not important but I already made a whole ass thread about it

I read the book about Singapore! The plot is in Singapore. It is written by German writer and there isn't even English version (I googled... It is weird that it exists on my language and is translated to it, but not English). So the name will probably mean nth and idk is Singapore presented properly in it too since it's written by foreigner (she researched, talked with people and read bunch of books through, was in Singapore, but still...).... It would be something like "The time of wild orchids" on English (on German it's "Zeit der wilden Orchideen") and it's written by Nicole C. Vosseler. It is mostly fictional, romantic novel with some elements of history about Singapore in 1840 and on and the love story of rich Singaporean girl and Orang Laut boy. I was kinda fascinated by Orang Lauts, I never heard about them before the book.

• and that my friend is the purpose of the thread to make you think about what you know and what is general knowledge or even common sense...

part 2 is about what to do about it lol Stay tuned :whistling:

:D

Oh i have to add this. The more i learn, the more i know, more information i have, the more i realize i actually don't know anything.

I think this is the power of knowledge. To realize, how little we actually know. If we know that, we already know a lot.

"I know that i know nothing'' ;)

• To know the extent of your ignorance is already some valuable knowledge.

The opposite is the Dunning–Kruger effect ie. people so ignorant about a subject they don't even realize the extent of their ignorance. See, the flat earthers.

• well aren't you the next Aristotle ^^

knowledge is a powerful drug the more you consume you thirst for more and more...hold up so thats what twice's song was about

More & More knowledge as a drug...

and the next song I can't stop me is about the consumption of said knowledge

OMG the metaness of it all :pepe-use-head:

Sory gotta promote the once guild they are trying to win this weeks guold wars lol

• To know the extent of your ignorance is already some valuable knowledge.

The opposite is the Dunning–Kruger effect ie. people so ignorant about a subject they don't even realize the extent of their ignorance. See, the flat earthers.

Exactly.

i know nothing about those wars :D but i have to say Twice titles are pretty useful in this topic

• and if you are feeling down about all the fighting and fanwars they literally have a song called Cheer Up ^^

What does it say of me that my favorite TWICE song is 'Get Loud'? ^^

SSJ/OT6 comeback waiting room...

SSJ.png

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!