Jungkook's China bar has hired a PR firm in US to promote his birthday event

• I...

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• paradis

Changed the title of the thread from “Jungkook's China bar has hired a PR firm in US to promote his birthday” to “Jungkook's China bar has hired a PR firm in US to promote his birthday event”.
  • according to someone in the replies, this is illegal

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• The solo bars are the ones who canceled BE orders and threw BTS under the bus. They're not doing this for the members, just for their own publicity and bragging rights.

• I don't know if this is a good thing or bad thing.

Exactly. Why do people do this? Wasting money on something that irrelevant. Who do they do this for? Themselves probably because nobody else cares about it. It's better to donate in his name of make a foundation. You are giving money to capitalists, someone who is in no way affiliated with jk.

It's so stupid.

• The solo bars are the ones who canceled BE orders and threw BTS under the bus. They're not doing this for the members, just for their own publicity and bragging rights.

They got an excuse with BE, I don't expect them to buy BTS albums anymore. There was no noise about them buying Butter either so BTS' massive China sales are pretty much done for.

• according to someone in the replies, this is illegal

Are those tickets for sale cause if its not then it is not for trade cause they make no profit.

• They got an excuse with BE, I don't expect them to buy BTS albums anymore. There was no noise about them buying Butter either so BTS' massive China sales are pretty much done for.

But they really don't have an excuse. The OT7 bars kept their group orders, ignored the noise, and carried on as normal. It was the solo bars that acted a hot mess. Fortunately, BTS doesn't really need the Chinese market, although it's nice to have. They now have enough sales in the rest of the world to compensate.

• I love some of the Birthday or anniversary projects - like the charitable donations to causes the lads are associated with, Namjoon’s forest, or last year, when coral reefs were seeded.

This sort of stuff really IS just a dick measuring contest and is such a staggering waste of money…

• Are those tickets for sale cause if its not then it is not for trade cause they make no profit.

That’s illegal. They are selling tickets to showcase a celebrity’s profile without his permission, profiting off him. Giving me same vibes as Jimin and the airplane

Its not. The event is free. Fans just need to register. They stated it clearly since day one. Everyone is free to like it or hate it but i hope you should learn fact before accusing someone.

• Its not. The event is free. Fans just need to register. They stated it clearly since day one. Everyone is free to like it or hate it but i hope you should learn fact before accusing someone.

You literally quoted me saying that if it is not for sale then there is no profit and hence its not illegal. Where did I accuse?

Edited once, last by paradis ().

• it's funny that y'all mention and demand donations from c-bars only when it's about solo projects and birthday events because what a waste of money right ? as if bulk-buying albums is any better but guess what, buying 394949 copies from the same album is also a waste of money, yet when it comes to this y'all go with "people are free to spend their money however they want"

anyways if y'all are so concerned about donations i suggest you do some research because c-bars do donate a lot

• it's funny that y'all mention and demand donations from c-bars only when it's about solo projects and birthday events because what a waste of money right ? as if bulk-buying albums is any better but guess what, buying 394949 copies from the same album is also a waste of money, yet when it comes to this y'all go with "people are free to spend their money however they want"

anyways if y'all are so concerned about donations i suggest you do some research because c-bars do donate a lot

C-bars are not ARMY. They are solos. As was proven during the BE release, they would rather spend their money on these stupid, wasteful, dubiously legal projects rather than support BTS's music. This is indeed their money, but they'd rather not pretend for one second that they are doing it for the boys.

They are doing it for their ego, period.

• tbh, almost all cbars of big idols go overboard with the birthday presents,

as long as it's all legal & the boys don't voice problems with it

just happy the boys stopped accepting expensive gifts years ago,

can you imagine the things the boys would have gotten otherwise

• I love some of the Birthday or anniversary projects - like the charitable donations to causes the lads are associated with, Namjoon’s forest, or last year, when coral reefs were seeded.

This sort of stuff really IS just a dick measuring contest and is such a staggering waste of money…

You guys are always complaining, like if you just did a little search you would see that they do regular charity events, here for example :

There are many charity events, Ik you aren't a Jk stan to keep up with this, but you should at least search before speaking, they also didn't cancel any BTS album, it's true that their contribution dropped by 50% but they still managed to contribute more than Namjoon & Suga & Jin & J-hope & Jm Chinese fbs combined, and let's not forget how they bought the most copies along with tae c-bar on previous albums, so spare me with the bs.

As for how Jk would feel about it, I can assure you he will be really happy and proud to have fans that exchange him that amount of love that he gives, he will be happy to have reliable fans who "really" care about him, and trust me, his Chinese fbs doesn't need to make profit from anything because they are rich.

So maybe you may have a say if you donated to his b-day, but for now it's their money so they have the complete right to spend it as they wish.

• C-bars are not ARMY. They are solos. As was proven during the BE release, they would rather spend their money on these stupid, wasteful, dubiously legal projects rather than support BTS's music. This is indeed their money, but they'd rather not pretend for one second that they are doing it for the boys.

They are doing it for their ego, period.

well didn't they buy a huge amount of albums every year before BE ? yes they actually did so yes they did contribute to bts sales and thus supported their music

and if you wanna talk about the fans ego then i believe that 90% of fans -solo or ot7- brag about their faves achievements and records every chance they get to also boost their egos so i really don't see the difference here.

i actually bet that if this project was about bts as seven no one would've batted an eye, instead they would be bragging about it infront of other fandoms but well since it's about one member only it's different

• well didn't they buy a huge amount of albums every year before BE ? yes they actually did so yes they did contribute to bts sales and thus supported their music

and if you wanna talk about the fans ego then i believe that 90% of fans -solo or ot7- brag about their faves achievements and records every chance they get to also boost their egos so i really don't see the difference here.

i actually bet that if this project was about bts as seven no one would've bat an eye, instead they would be bragging about it infront of other fandoms but well since it's about one member only it's different

I think it's because we know that these 'fanbases' are trying to buy themselves the right to control their fave's life. They will be the same one sending trucks at Hybe's headquarters, complaining how their fave is mistreated, and would be sooo popular as solo artist instead because clearly BTS is dragging them down ect...

'We are spending an insane amount of money because we want to show he is more popular than the other members and create a power dynamic in the group' is what they're going for.

They are not trying to brag in front of other fandoms. They are trying to brag in front of other members and ARMY ( and other akgaes I guess )

• You guys are always complaining, like if you just did a little search you would see that they do regular charity events, here for example :

… yeah, I know there are. I for one specifically said I like charity events - just because I didn’t name check any particular Jungkook charity events doesn’t mean I don’t know they exist. But THIS sort of event - which is, let us not forget anyway - *actually illegal* - is a staggering waste of money.

• I think it's because we know that these 'fanbases' are trying to buy themselves the right to control their fave's life. They will be the same one sending trucks at Hybe's headquarters, complaining how their fave is mistreated, and would be sooo popular as solo artist instead because clearly BTS is dragging them down ect...

'We are spending an insane amount of money because we want to show he is more popular than the other members and create a power dynamic in the group' is what they're going for.

They are not trying to brag in front of other fandoms. They are trying to brag in front of other members and ARMY ( and other akgaes I guess )

you know i find it weird that you'd rather have these thoughts in your mind instead of just accepting that they're doing this because they simply love him, and cmon it's been more than 8 years you guys can't gate keeping the boys from solos forever especially when everyone of them has put out some solo materials, and no matter how much you hate it but in every group some members are gonna be more popular that others, it's just how life is, and please this is bts where talking about everyone of them is more powerful that 99% of other kpop idols, and i personally don't know why y'all sacred from solos like this since none of them is thinking of a solo career rn, and none of them is doing any sort of solo projects, it just doesn't make sense

• The event is free, people just get tickets because of the pandemy for a better organization.

The only person talking about a PR firm is OP, That is known for distorting things and she also made a lot of shaddy tweets against JK on many occasions, so I wouldn't trust on her words.

Let's not make a big deal of everything, it gets annoying and in many cases hypocrite coming from some ARMYs that hype everything that is made for hyung line, but always have a say on maknae line events. If we're going to be picky, let's make sure it's with all of them, I remember how an event for Hobi was trending worldwide when the company was just using ARMYs to promote the brand.

• Why would any of us thinking it’s a waste of money or dick measuring contest necessarily mean we’re scared of the actual members doing solo stuff if they want to? Does not compute… That’s up to them! I have no issue with whether or not one of the members has more fans than any of the others, and those particular fans who organise these projects may well be doing it because they love their biases, but it doesn’t mean this sort of project is not getting more and more wildly over the top and costing CRAZY amounts of money.

you know i find it weird that you'd rather have these thoughts in your mind instead of just accepting that they're doing this because they simply love him, and cmon it's been more than 8 years you guys can't gate keeping the boys from solos forever especially when everyone of them has put out some solo materials, and no matter how much you hate it but in every group some members are gonna be more popular that others, it's just how life is, and please this is bts where talking about everyone of them is more powerful that 99% of other kpop idols, and i personally don't know why y'all sacred from solos like this since none of them is thinking of a solo career rn, and none of them is doing any sort of solo projects, it just doesn't make sense

• Why would any of us thinking it’s a waste of money or dick measuring contest necessarily mean we’re scared of the actual members doing solo stuff if they want to? Does not compute… That’s up to them! I have no issue with whether or not one of the members has more fans than any of the others, and those particular fans who organise these projects may well be doing it because they love their biases, but it doesn’t mean this sort of project is not getting more and more wildly over the top and costing CRAZY amounts of money.

well if you don't care then it's good for you but i was quoting that user who was talking about popularity and power dynamics and stuff, but let's not pretend that these kinds of army don't exit, you see them every day on twitter crying about fancams views and this silly stuff.

now for the second part of your answer i actually do agree that these events and projects are a huge waste of money, and personally wouldn't waste my money like that but my point is, what is the difference between c-bars bulk-buing albums and them doing these projects, in my opinion both of them are waste of money, and both of them are for dick measuring contest but one is acceptable and one is not why do you think is that

• and personally wouldn't waste my money like that but my point is, what is the difference between c-bars bulk-buing albums and them doing these projects, in my opinion both of them are waste of money, and both of them are for dick measuring contest but one is acceptable and one is not why do you think is that

… weeeell, I’m not a fan of that personally either, and I reckon most people who commented here they weren’t a fan of such projects would feel similarly, but I might be wrong!

• you know i find it weird that you'd rather have these thoughts in your mind instead of just accepting that they're doing this because they simply love him, and cmon it's been more than 8 years you guys can't gate keeping the boys from solos forever especially when everyone of them has put out some solo materials, and no matter how much you hate it but in every group some members are gonna be more popular that others, it's just how life is, and please this is bts where talking about everyone of them is more powerful that 99% of other kpop idols, and i personally don't know why y'all sacred from solos like this since none of them is thinking of a solo career rn, and none of them is doing any sort of solo projects, it just doesn't make sense

There were in the fandom ARMY and akgaes. In consequence, there were ARMY seeds, and akgaes seeds. But seeds are invisible. They sleep deep in the heart of the GP, until someone among them is seized with the desire to listen to BTS. Then the little seed will stretch itself and begin - timidly at first - to push a charming little sprig inoffensively upward toward the sun.

If it's only a sprout of OT7, one would let it grow wherever it migh wish. But when it's an akgae, one must destroy it as soon as possible, the very first instant that one recognizes it.

The fandom was infested with akgaes seeds. An akgae is something that you will never, never be able to get rid of if you attend to it too late. It spreads over the entire fandom. It bores clear through it with its roots. And if the fandom is too small, and the akgaes are too many, they split it in pieces...

I knew a fandom that was inhabited by complacent fans. They neglected four akgaes. It was the BP fandom.

I do not much like to take the tone of a moralist. But the danger of the akgaes is so little understood, and such considerable risk would be run by anyone who might get lost on twitter, that for once I am breaking through my reserve : "Children", I say plainly. "Watch out for the akgaes."

maxresdefault.jpg

• This thread contains 6 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!