LOONA PPT : Bop Vs Flop

• flop

it breaks my heart to say this because loona has been one of my faves since new by yves, and this just isnt doing them justice. this is everything i hated about so what and why not but worse. i disliked so what but at least the bridge was so top tier

loona had this GREAT thing going on where they were the best, vocally and dance (butterfly) and they had a unique dream pop thing going on. ever since after so what (so what was still decent and had a top tier bside collection) but why not just butchered that.

everything up till so what was perfect,

so what had a decent song and the bsides were top tier

why not was trash through and through and half of the bsides were no good (i physically cannot listen to hide and seek or oops without cringing) but at least voice/star was loona again.

a comprehensive break down of this album for me what would be something of this sort:

1. & :

skip cuz i never really listen to the opening thingie anyways haha

2. ptt:

no <3 wanted it to stop the second it hit the chorus. i love youha but she did a terrible job with this song istg i hate it so bad. it sounds like a left over everglow/dreamcatcher song and not in a good way. their vocals DO NOT SHINE ANYWHERE IN IT. i hate loona songs with chants in them because they add NOTHING.

2/10 cuz the girls are pretty

3. wow:

a decent song, definitely getting loona vibes from it, nothing too special and not my vibes. could easily pass for a rv or wekimeki type song. cant complain too much, its the closest to the masterpiece that was vivid we've gotten so far.

6/10 decent but not spectacular.

4. be honest:

sounds like an advertisement at some parts and would not have been anything near any of the other loona tracks. rv vibes still shining. at least it suits the vocals. the yoo-hoo-hoo parts are very nice. like so what, nice song parts but over all weird.

5/10 only cuz yoo-hoo-hoo has me sold

5. DANCE ON MY OWN:

BOP BOP BOP BOP BOP BOP BOP

10/10 no explanation needed

6. a different night:

a solid ost, i love it. vocals shining and it grows on you. watching the night as you drive down the streets listening to it would be amazing and im considering going out only to listen to different night

9/10 could be boring to some, but i love it

7. ur:

BEAUTIFUL UR A STAR UR A STAR. CAN SEE IT ON ++ OR xx THAT IS THE BIGGEST COMPLIMENT YOU COULD EVER GET

10/10

mediocre album as a whole, but at least i get 3 songs to listen to

»» make a wish upon the moon, youre just a little different from others ««

• but loona never had a specific sound and concept lol

1/3 were pure and 90's inspired

oec were a summer unit with hyperpop influences

yyxy were weird and experimental and rocked a cute but creepy concept

Not a specific concept but all of their releases had a similar sound, with a dreamy and fantasy vibe, which I really enjoyed. They used to work until Jaden Jeong's departure with the same few producers but they stopped working with them as well as their artistic direction going to a place which I enjoy less.

• I like it.

Like any large groups, Loona is overwhelming when all of them are performing. Sometimes in Phenomenal ways like Butterfly.

Interesting the saying "Paint the Town" means the their planning to Party Hardy in Town. :dancer:

• PTT is SOTY quality already. It's fucking epic, this is how music SHOULD be written, with originality and ambition, instead of the same old generic boring mess you usually see. The percussion is legendary, the verses, prechorus, and post chorus all chef's kiss, and that killer outro. The only weak point was the chorus but it hardly matters with the rest of the song, bridge was good but nothing too special.

Butterfly was so boring to me, but Loona has come a LONG way with Why Not, Star, and now this monster hit.

• Weak build up leading to very disappointing chorus. Thats how i would describe it. Flop.

PTT is SOTY quality already. It's fucking epic, this is how music SHOULD be written, with originality and ambition, instead of the same old generic boring mess you usually see. The percussion is legendary, the verses, prechorus, and post chorus all chef's kiss, and that killer outro. The only weak point was the chorus but it hardly matters with the rest of the song, bridge was good but nothing too special.

Butterfly was so boring to me, but Loona has come a LONG way with Why Not, Star, and now this monster hit.

Butterfly is a masterpiece and one of the best songs in existence. PTT is just as you described, generic, weak and boring.

• I came back just to say i love this so muchhh. :peperich::pepe-sad::peperich:

It's the prefect hype song and their vocals sound amazing. Also, yeojin surprised me with the rap. I'm happy we get to hear more singing this time compared to so what and why not. Also that bridge HOLY SHIT it's the best thing ever!

My only problem is vivi and gowon's nonexistent lines and screen time(bbc when i catch you 😡) but boy did they slay their parts in the bridge.

Overall, a great comeback. What a way to celebrate haseul's return! :pepelove1:

• Weak build up leading to very disappointing chorus. Thats how i would describe it. Flop.

Butterfly is a masterpiece and one of the best songs in existence. PTT is just as you described, generic, weak and boring.

Wut? I was talking about most of the competition when i used words like generic and boring, and also Loona's earlier songs like Butterfly and Hi High. Literally any group could sing those old Loona songs, they never once stood out.

Only Loona can do Why Not, PTT and Star justice. They've skyrocketed right below BP and Twice in terms of song quality.

• I will say a BLOP. It definitely reminds me of some Everglow song....it's better than So What but worse than Why Not? and their pre-So What title tracks. I mean it's decent but I don't see myself coming back to it, maybe it'll grow on me. Sad to say this cause I LOVE LOONA but this isn't doing it for me :cryingr:

The bsides are great though. WOW and Dance On My Own in particular.

• Love it. The chorus is the weakest part of the song but it’s still better than so what’s and why not’s choruses so yeah lol. Everything else is pretty damn good. I also like the styling a lot. This is definitely among the top loona releases for me

• I don't know... I love some bits of the song, but heavy chorus ruined it for me. I understand why a lot of people compare this comeback to Everglow or Blackpink. Verses, pre-chorus and part after chorus is great but that song need catchy, faster chorus instead of heavy drop like this.

Concept is great, they look amazing but song itself is nothing really outstanding and it didn't really change anything on kpop scene.

• MUCH better than So What or Why Not. Musically it's not great - kind of a jumbled mess - but they look great (despite the overused colored contacts) and the video is back to the quality I expect of LOONA.

The comparisons to Dreamcatcher and (G)-IDLE above are correct, because they are also a group best suited to creating fantasy worlds.

• the pre chorus was nice and thats it tbh, im disappointed cuz literally everything up till butterfly was perfect

.................. where are we now ..................

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!