Why Do Western Forums Hate BTS?

• And concerts are a redundant measure of popularity in the streaming era? Is that what you are trying to say? Streams are gamed as easily as website sales, however one can be seen overtly while the other is done more nefariously and covertly through features like Discovery Mode where songs get added to playlists as recs without even the knowledge or consent of the user. But looks like you have problems with only website sales and not the other more insidious practice. Interesting how you are ignoring features like Discovery Mode and arbitrary non-transparent filtering rules. I wonder why that is.....hmmm.

The only thing that cannot be gamed is soldout concerts and guess what, BTS are beating pretty much all your manufactured "gp" darlings there.

• Where is the fucking proof that 5000 fans are buying 20 copies a week? Is this a scientific fact? Why are their concert tickets sold so fast. Here me out. Soldier Field has a capacity of 61,000. So we are saying 5000 fans bot 12 tickets each, a total of 24 tickets for both nights? Damn some parents need to take the plastic away from their kids

It was a example jesus.. It could be 10k buying 10 copies each who knows. I never said its a fact.

I just made a number that makes up 100k downloads it was basically all they would really need out of their huge fandom is 5000 buying 20 copies each.

If that's a "loophole" then radio and preferential playlistings are "loopholes" too.

playlisting doesnt guarantee streams or success and I agree that radio is trash. All Payola should be removed from everything I agree with that.

• I find this whole argument of a group of fans buying and buying and rebuying the same song over and over again is beyond stupid. BTS puts out way too much content for this to be realistically sustainable. Ok you can buy a download or a stream but where is the reality doing that with albums or of a whole stadium tour selling out in about 4 hours. Get your head out of your ass and explain it

• And concerts are a redundant measure of popularity in the streaming era? Is that what you are trying to say? Streams are gamed as easily as website sales, however one can be seen overtly while the other is done more nefariously and covertly through features like Discovery Mode where songs get added to playlists as recs without even the knowledge or consent of the user. But looks like you have problems with only website sales and not the other more insidious practice. Interesting how you are ignoring features like Discovery Mode and arbitrary non-transparent filtering rules. I wonder why that is.....hmmm.

The only thing that cannot be gamed is soldout concerts and guess what, BTS are beating pretty much all your manufactured "gp" darlings there.

Concerts are irrelevant to the billboard discussion.

If you could read I know you have problems doing that it seems but I have said many times in this thread im against website sales. I also think any payola and radio are pretty trash with how they are.

• I find this whole argument of a group of fans buying and buying and rebuying the same song over and over again is beyond stupid. BTS puts out way too much content for this to be realistically sustainable. Ok you can buy a download or a stream but where is the reality doing that with albums or of a whole stadium tour selling out in about 4 hours. Get your head out of your ass and explain it

No Offence but this argument fails when Permission to dance got number 1.. and Butter falls to 7 then the following week its number 1 again.

It is sustainable for them.

No, the thing is usually the streams/sales ratio is usually the same for every artist, except BTS's is much different from others.

They have way more sales than other songs but less streams, which shows there's something weird going on.

They have tons of sales but only a few streams, wich means that one person buys the song multiple times to boost it, its not hard to understand.

This is exactly what happened with PTD and Butter

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• again there is no proof of one person or many persons buying the song over and over. The Love yourself Speak yourself Tour sold over 950,000 tickets. Their online concerts did bigger viewers but let’s discount all these facts that the fandom hasn’t grown since then.

• again there is no proof of one person or many persons buying the song over and over. The Love yourself Speak yourself Tour sold over 950,000 tickets. Their online concerts did bigger viewers but let’s discount all these facts that the fandom hasn’t grown since then.

I dont care about the Billboard stuff but they fund mass buying, its just a fact.

ᴮᴱARMY_Connect⁷ on Twitter
    “BH Store Tracker Update: Week 10 We have verified 3460 Full sets of Butter 3473 Full sets of #PermissiontoDance so far. Though we had less total orders, more…
    mobile.twitter.com

3460 full sets = butter + instrumental + remix so its like 70K copies

Why are you using concert data from all around the world to prove that BTS's numbers on a solely american chart are organic? Lol

And yes, there is mass buying going on when BTS's sales/streams ratio is different from literally every single artist on the chart. Dont deny it, you're just making a fool of yourself.

You even have fanbases from the other side of the globe sending money to buy the song in the U.S, if thats not chart manipulation then what is it lol.

• Your comparing fandom and general public.. charts are about general public and which song of that week is the most popular touring is not even a argument to bring into this discussion.

Its the streaming era you should wake up.

Here your perception about "charts"is wrong, it's not all about general public. BB charts most likely about the US music industry's metrics, which song, which album, which artist capable to generates revenue to the industry.

Not all about gp, in this streaming era, gp who loves music can choose which song, album or artist they want to listen, gp who doesn't care music won't care anyway.

• do they also know bts is also owning bb hot 100 japan for months now?

given their pressed nature, they would hate bts more if they know that. :pepe-hehe:

atleast their fave's song is number 1 in their heart.

• Why are you using concert data from all around the world to prove that BTS's numbers on a solely american chart are organic? Lol

And yes, there is mass buying going on when BTS's sales/streams ratio is different from literally every single artist on the chart. Dont deny it, you're just making a fool of yourself.

You even have fanbases from the other side of the globe sending money to buy the song in the U.S, if thats not chart manipulation then what is it lol.

Where is the manipulation? the fans from other countries sending fund to the fans in US for them to buy music. It's 100% legal. It's the artis's own lack if they don't have enough fans outside US that want to support them.

You only pointing about sales, what about stream manipulation through curated/payola playlist and airplay ??

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!