Are SM artists using ads in the first 24 hours?

• Now this is not me trying to shade at all, im just really curious how they're 24hr views are so high vs other groups but then fail to keep momentum.

Like again no shade, but Nct Dream got 34 million views in 24 hours for "hot sauce" but are already under the bar of 2m views daily barely a week after. The same could be seen for "Make a Wish" which had 10m more views in 24 hours than "I cant stop me" but nearly double less views now.

The same could be said for Aespa vs itzy, Next Level which was midly received by kpoppies garnered 25m views which is more than any itY song (and more than Icsm too)

I thought that we couldnt use ads in the first 24hrs anymore but it really seems like they are doing it.

• Nah, at least not jype, yg or bighit from what i know.

(in exclusively talking about the first day because i thought you couldn't do it anymore)

(in exclusively talking about the first day because i thought you couldn't do it anymore)

umm, are you sure?

I got a ton of ads from all of them.

Not on YT, but on Google, Facebook, Insta etc.

Just because they don't use YT as a platform that does not mean they do not use ads.

Let's stop demonising ads. They are there to bring those who do not know what Kpop is about.

We need to bring the normal population into the fold :wink:

• I don't think they stopped using it in the first 24 hours. It's the best time to use it.

Then explained the decrease of 42m views to 14m views in a day from Fancy to Feel Special lmaoo.

Jype starts using them in the second day cause the 2nd day views are higher than the first one which is so not credible lmaooo

• Then explained the decrease of 42m views to 14m views in a day from Fancy to Feel Special lmaoo.

Jype starts using them in the second day cause the 2nd day views are higher than the first one which is so not credible lmaooo

I don't know. I don't follow MV views.

• Then explained the decrease of 42m views to 14m views in a day from Fancy to Feel Special lmaoo.

because feel special didn't have any ads because it was when Youtube just made their reform and agencies didn't see the point of using Ads the First day anymore

that's why the view between fancy and feel special 1st day decrease

and i remember people criticize a lot Twice and JYP for this

but now JYP is back to using ads the first day

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON

• But why did Jyp stop in the first 24 hours? I thought you couldn't anymore.

You can, jyp just realized it is better spreading out the ads through weeks rather than all at once. This is just misinformation, the only thing ads never accounted for were the first 24 hours records announced by yt. Fancy also had ads during first day, unless you think twice genuinely declined from 40m+ to 20 for their next mvs

• The western way to buy views: buy ads

The eastern way to buy views: pay out accounts.

My way to buy views: none

The way for an ocean view: drive down the PCH

The way to buy an ocean view: get a fat wallet

A way to stay at a hotel to see an ocean view: not trivago

A way to find out if I'm trolling right now: read the above.

Disclaimer the first two lines are srs but the last few were because I felt good typing fast so I had to think up things to type lmao.

• Ads do count for first day right? Only if an artists breaks some record its announced without ads. For others it doesn't matter.

Yt charts will anyways show how much ads were used.

°⨳°·..·°⨳°⊹٭ 𝓙𝓞𝓨 ٭⊹°⨳°·..·°⨳°

e59e7135c19a6341cc1e93725017b2ba7130662a.gifv 6c1d54386949e369c7a401c21503a4af7b66a053.gifv 87421ed4a49499627715cb8666cc133529df9593.gifv 6c1d54386949e369c7a401c21503a4af7b66a053.gifv b2fee2c558a21bd6472498e040b6dad3a40db33e.gifv

The decrease shows how much views ads....added hehe, to the MV

Few years ago yt didn't care about what effect ads had on MVs so companies could freely put out ads of kpop groups and inflate views. Then I think it was an Indian singer that had an idea to basically buy ads and break the 24h record. It may have been lame thing to do but he won out in the end because he made money back and had his 15 mins of fame while also unwittingly exposing how artificial yt views were for many others, kpop included.

So then YouTube made a rule where they would count the total number of views but also display the number of real views aka non ads in a 24 HR period to avoid fake views to break records. Twice was one of first groups to release and their massive drop off showed how heavily they relied on ads before.

• Ads do count for first day right? Only if an artists breaks some record its announced without ads. For others it doesn't matter.

Yt charts will anyways show how much ads were used.

They get counted on the tracker but it'll never officially be considered in the list of 24 hour debuts.

"Bunch of wannabes that wanna be me, me three if I was you"

• SM always does these days, but they also have more subscribers on their channel if I recall. Itzy uses a ton of ads as well though. JYP isn't innocent.

• The decrease shows how much views ads....added hehe, to the MV

Few years ago yt didn't care about what effect ads had on MVs so companies could freely put out ads of kpop groups and inflate views. Then I think it was an Indian singer that had an idea to basically buy ads and break the 24h record. It may have been lame thing to do but he won out in the end because he made money back and had his 15 mins of fame while also unwittingly exposing how artificial yt views were for many others, kpop included.

So then YouTube made a rule where they would count the total number of views but also display the number of real views aka non ads in a 24 HR period to avoid fake views to break records. Twice was one of first groups to release and their massive drop off showed how heavily they relied on ads before.

SM stans never fail to make me laugh rofl

you didint answer the question and also dragged twice into it when i didnt say Twice never used ads, anyways

• SM stans never fail to make me laugh rofl

you didint answer the question and also dragged twice into it when i didnt say Twice never used ads, anyways

What the absolute fuck are you on about dude?

A I'm not an SM Stan (and considering how your so defensive seems like you're JYP Stan)

B I answered the question of why Twice had a drop with literally what happened. How is that a drag when that is a fact you can check yourself

C you're the idiot who brought up Twice first, I only replied to answer a question

You want to reconsider being in the JYP cult, its messing with your mind

• Irdc abt other jype groups honestly.

I know the drop from Fancy to Feel Special, but that is so far away from the point that was wether or not SM used ads in the first day contrary to other companies. Now that i had my answer, your contribution to this thread is completely useless so just stop quoting me and continue on with your life if you miraclly happen to have one.

It is known that JYP is the one who has been using the most. You can still use ads during the first 24 hrs but YT is not going to count them, that's the only difference.

• It is known that JYP is the one who has been using the most. You can still use ads during the first 24 hrs but YT is not going to count them, that's the only difference.

I know JYP uses ads, my whole thread is talking about the first day so no need to point that out.

Thanks for the feedback

I know the drop from Fancy to Feel Special, but that is so far away from the point that was wether or not SM used ads in the first day contrary to other companies. Now that i had my answer, your contribution to this thread is completely useless so just stop quoting me and continue on with your life if you miraclly happen to have one.

Tbh, harambelives is the most informative and having good contribution on this thread :pepe-use-head: . But yeah you do you :pepe-toast:

I gave you the real answer on the first page and I did it without trying to say something shady about SM groups like you clown. Now enjoy it and be blessed you got informed by an ape :pepe-tongue:

• I know JYP uses ads, my whole thread is talking about the first day so no need to point that out.

Thanks for the feedback

But you implied JYP didn't use ads during the first 24 hrs when they actually do?? That's why i pointed that out...

• SM stans never fail to make me laugh rofl

Why you mad? What haramelives is true, that's exact the timeline of events. Saying twice is using ads isn't a drag??

Fancy had 40m in the first 24h but after youtube's no ads policy views for Feling Special dropped to 15m. This is the truth not a drag.

Do we know if sm buys ads in the first 24h? Idk. Ads or no ads aespa had lots of organic views, they've got 1.4m likes. As for itzy's mafia, according to daisuki site out of 90m views 35.5m were ads.

Why are kpop fans so upset with ads? That's a good thing, your company promoting you is a good thing. I don't get it

• of course they are, which is why comments of SM stans like "did we just get good at streaming" are hilarious.

SM stans used to complain the most about ads and were proud of their "organic" views then when SM started using them it's smart marketing. As ever in the K-Pop world lol.

also that website is just estimating how many views are ad views. The only direct comparison is the YT chart vs the counter and despite what that one user said it showed that aespa had lots of ad views last time and probably will this time too. NCT too. 35 million in a day (counter) vs 23 million in a week (YT chart). People shouldn't underestimate the impact of a big ad campaign.

before anybody brings up fan campaigns, who can do it for any group or video they like (though not in the first 24 hours obviously), the impact is far less than a company driven campaign. This stuff costs MONEY.

Edited once, last by sassily ().

• Thano you for your 2 cents. It made SM artist's bankrupt.

• This thread contains 49 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!