Are SM artists using ads in the first 24 hours?

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This is the official number, it was claimed to have about 34M so yes SM is using first 24hr ads

• Ads aren't counted in the first 24 hours, so the views of the first day are as they are?

At least, I thought that was the youtube rule, or did that one get changed?

Also, for the hardcore JYP stans that (apparently always) seem to hate/dislike basically anyone who's fan of an SM group, no matter which other non-SM groups they bias: just don't.

JYP uses ads for their groups in abundance too, and has been doing it more abundantly and longer than SM has been doing it: TWICE had like 40% of their first week views due to ads, and ITZY's MITM even over 50%.

Every company has been using it whenever they felt they needed it, personally I don't see what's the big deal: why shouldn't all those K-pop companies use ads? It's 1 of the many possible promotion tools that companies use to promote their groups.

If everyone uses it, then it's equal playing fields anyway.

• Ads aren't counted in the first 24 hours, so the views of the first day are as they are?

At least, I thought that was the youtube rule, or did that one get changed?

Ads can still be used on the first day and will show on the view counter and everything. The difference after the rule change is YouTube won't count them on their official charts.

• Ads can still be used on the first day and will show on the view counter and everything. The difference after the rule change is YouTube won't count them on their official charts.

But youtube doesn't count ads for their weekly charts anyway, even beyond the first 24 hours, so that first 24 hours views rule doesn't make sense?

What's the practical impact and result then of the first 24 hours rule? Where is its effect noticeable, that Youtube's general rule of not including ad views for their weekly charts doesn't already cover?

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This is the official number, it was claimed to have about 34M so yes SM is using first 24hr ads

Wow more than 20m legit views in one day! I thought SM artists were bad in yt views but this is great!

• The YouTube chart is for the week that is till the 19th while black mamba released on the 17th. That means they reached 22million in 2 days (actually a little more than 2 days since YouTube chart updates in American time) implying over 50% of their views was ad views.

https://charts.youtube.com/cha…0201113-20201119?hl=en-GB

• How do you check views from ads?

YouTube charts as they don't include ad views. U can check according to week.

https://charts.youtube.com/cha…/global/20210507-20210513

¸.··.¸¸.·¯ ¯·.¸¸.··.¸

57d31c109156df116d4bbae383220862af866cd5.gifv d32703ca745288a0e9b7de46018975297baa584c.gifv 641a6f69b3d531ef1b08c94a912ad3c0ca7c2aa5.gifv

• Where did u get that number of aespa from??

1st week they debut with 22m views and 2nd week with 13m on youtube chart( without ads).. In that same period of time they had already crossed 60m on views counter(with ads) so almost 50%views of Black mamba came from ads only.

On 3rd week they didn't even chart when only 7m needed to chart without ads.

• Where did u get that number of aespa from??

1st week they debut with 22m views and 2nd week with 13m on youtube chart( without ads).. In that same period of time they had already crossed 60m on views counter(with ads) so almost 50%views of Black mamba came from ads only.

On 3rd week they didn't even chart when only 7m needed to chart without ads.

uncheck in the bottom right "Show only last 3 months" if it already isn't unchecked

https://kpop.daisuki.com.br/kn…l?ord=0D&onlyrecent=false

• But youtube doesn't count ads for their weekly charts anyway, even beyond the first 24 hours, so that first 24 hours views rule doesn't make sense?

What's the practical impact and result then of the first 24 hours rule? Where is its effect noticeable, that Youtube's general rule of not including ad views for their weekly charts doesn't already cover?

it's important for breaking records. at that point, bts' boy with luv had the most views in the first 24h and

Then I think it was an Indian singer that had an idea to basically buy ads and break the 24h record. It may have been lame thing to do but he won out in the end because he made money back and had his 15 mins of fame while also unwittingly exposing how artificial yt views were for many others, kpop included.

youtube didn't confirm/acknowledge him breaking the record, in fact, after that situation the new policy of not counting ads in the first 24h was established.

kpop fans need to stop caring about numbers and focus on music. it's honestly ridiculous.

I’m pretty sure these are the data for a week and not the first 24 hours, could you confirm that?

• JYP has not used ADs in the first 24 hours since July 2019. ICY was the last JYP MV to have ADs in the first 24 hours

Why are you lying -_-

Mafia in the morning had ads in the first 24hours -_-

𝔄𝔢𝔰𝔭𝔞 𝔦𝔰 𝔠𝔬𝔪𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔟𝔞𝔠𝔨 𝔪𝔬𝔯𝔢 𝔰𝔞𝔳𝔞𝔤𝔢 𝔱𝔥𝔞𝔫 𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔯

#aespa from * / ᴍᴏɴᴏᴄʜʀᴏᴍᴇ 𝘵𝘰 𝘾𝙊𝙇𝙊𝙍 #aespa from * / ᴍᴏɴᴏᴄʜʀᴏᴍᴇ 𝘵𝘰 𝘾𝙊𝙇𝙊𝙍 #aespa from * / ᴍᴏɴᴏᴄʜʀᴏᴍᴇ 𝘵𝘰 𝘾𝙊𝙇𝙊𝙍

• I said they did but not anymore, im sorry but have you even read the thread?

Why does that even matter neither JYP or SM is beating the 24hr record and music shows use the first week views so they’re all equally manipulating it. Y’all grasping at straws now lol.

Update your OP to include to say “I know JYP uses less ads for first 24 hours since 2019 so I incorrectly assumed you can never use ads in 24 hours so I’m asking this pointless question” if you actually want ppl to answer your question.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!