how big was OT5 TVXQ back then?

• idk if its TVXQ or DBSK but i mean when they were 5, before the biggest lawsuit controversy of KPOP happen. is it as big as BTS now? or EXO level? who was their biggest rival back then? are they really social distancing with any kpop group like bts did on this gen?

im a 2nd gen stan but when i get to know kpop tvxq is already consist 2 member

any idea?

• They were so big not just as a group but they have individual recognition. They were leading the bgs in the golden era of bgs so that says a lot. They have hit songs. massive support from a very huge fandom and gp. They made guiness world records 2 times for having the biggest and largest fanclub. They lead the hallyu wave in Japan and arguably still the largest group there. That's all I know abt their peak

:!: :!: :!:

:cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:
    ✴✴✴✴✴ KIM JISOO'S HUSBANDO ✴✴✴✴✴
    b7de288879b59732b5115a93d7f259edd464dd39.jpg2320df8ccb8a4af42b9e108fb34e3d8109964aae.jpg2a8fc619d348ef8f6380880604eb8bb8e97b8105.jpg

• TVXQ was a force that kpop had never seen. They were the original BTS.

Screenshot_20210122-232139_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20210122-232144_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20210122-232149_Chrome.jpg

People like to say they were only popular in Japan lol.

They must not have seen their Mirotic concert from 2008.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• They were MASSIVE. Their domestic fandom size was on par with H.O.T (1st gen) and BTS (3rd Gen). They completely changed the game for Korean acts and were the main reason (along with BoA) why the Hallyu Wave started in 2nd generation in Japan.

I tend to watch Koreans reacting to DB5K on YouTube and if you look at the Korean comments, many people say that they were really popular and some even say that they were the 2nd generation BTS in South Korea during their peak before the split. The reason why they compare the two is because many young Koreans never experienced the popularity of DB5K first hand so older Koreans use BTS as a reference.

When it comes to SM groups, DB5K and SNSD are pretty much their biggest groups ever in terms of revenue and sales among their male and female groups. TVXQ have been SM's main cash cow for like a decade now thanks to their touring ability in Japan.

Edited once, last by blueaqua ().

• girlgroupstan21

Changed the title of the thread from “how big is OT5 TVXQ back then?” to “how big was OT5 TVXQ back then?”.
  • "Ex-H.O.T member Moon Hee Jun revealed he noticed the immense potential of junior group TVXQ early on in the game.

During the filming of an upcoming episode of JTBC’s “Inside Story Salon,” Moon Hee Jun said, “If a junior singer has outstanding talent and improves at a very quick pace, you can feel threatened,” and chose TVXQ as the junior group that made him feel that way.

“TVXQ greeted me when they were trainees, and even back then, I thought that they could surpass H.O.T,” he confessed.

When asked if he felt any other junior groups posing a threat to H.O.T’s popularity, the singer said, “In the glory days of H.O.T, there was no rival that was capable of causing a change [in our position].”

Moon Hee Jun: “TVXQ Posed the Biggest Threat to H.O.T” | Soompi

• When a member of the legendary H.O.T. says he feared TVXQ then that should tell you all you need to know.

• To put into context, at their peak, if you were asking to any Kpop fan or teenager in Korea who they were fan among, 9/10 would say TVXQ (and only them).

If ever, they debuted when soloist were popular and idols was about to "die" after H.O.T disbanded and revived idols industry by themselves. They also opened a big door for kpop in world at a time when Jpop/anime were really popular (more than Kpop). I know a lot people who discovered Kpop because of them and their achievements in Japan (and thought they were japanese at first). They even rivalized with Arashi (biggest bg in Japan ever) and Johhny's tried to blocked them in Japan. Probably hard to imagine for kpop fans of now but I could arguably say they were more popular than BTS at their peak. The fact people still talk of them now, they are still really popular as solo and they are still recognized in Korea say a lot.

tumblr_inline_ne81rmrPiE1srwxub.gif

Treasure - ZB1

f02e618cd7bbbd88c9242e0ee12c5fe9.gif

• In international Kpop community they were huge. As someone who did not know Kpop existed before 2008, and YT was only starting to get popular, all Kpop fan contents I found were somehow DBSK related. I don't think any Kpop group has as much fanatic fans during 2008 as DBSK. I remember searching for Kpop songs and looking at compilations of idol groups it was always DBSK at the top.

The split definitely impacted their fandom a lot, and it definitely stopped their momentum. As it occured during the beginning of the rise of Kpop outside of Korea/Japan. Hence why in 2009, when groups like SJ and SNSD found success as well, they kinda took over that baton of hallyu wave (in SEA especially) and people know them more instead of DBSK.

As for Korea, not too sure as I am not Korean. But if we judged by their songs performance, I believe they have massive fandom support but lacking in public pull as their songs rarely chart high.

• they were huge like literally huge in korea. GP knows every member name and face. Their songs were hit. They proved that idols can sing live and dance. In a way they improved the image of idols.

They were on every variety show possible at that time.

Until their breakup they had no competition, not in korea not in japan (considering kpop groups).

• they were huge like literally huge in korea. GP knows every member name and face. Their songs were hit. They proved that idols can sing live and dance. In a way they improved the image of idols.

They were on every variety show possible at that time.

Until their breakup they had no competition, not in korea not in japan (considering kpop groups).

:yesr:

• Dont forget also RISING SUN appeared in one of the Fast and Furious movies.

So they appeared in a Hollywood movie over a decade before BP did in Justice League.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!