I can't trust celebs or reaction channels who all of the sudden say they like bts ... ~

• with the news of kamala harris, who i believe got elected vice president of the US today or yesterday.(i'm not from the US so you may correct me if i'm wrong) saying she was a bts army and had bwl in her spotify playlist, inspired me to make this thread.

i noticed since bts got big that a lot of people sadly use them for clout or to not get cancelled by their stans. if you think i'm crazy, hear me out.

i've noticed whenever bts or blackpink have a comeback, there's always these people who jump quickly to react to them on youtube. this is okay, you have the freedom to make your own content. but sometimes their reactions seem....fabricated.... i suppose its to make the army or blink satisfied that the people reacting didn't hate on bp or bts. it's like these people don't want to get hate from the stans, which is understandble, so they make a reaction video and pretend to like the content. it really saddens me how people can't have a critical opinion without getting cancelled by a bunch of 12 year olds.

this may be me, but whenever a western artist collabs with a kpop group. i can't really take that song seriously because at the back of my mind, i suspect that the western artist just wants clout and fame. like they want the fans of the group they're collaborating with to give them streams and views because they collaborated their fave. i hope i made sense.

back to kamala harris, i don't know whether she genuinely enjoys bts, or if she's just trying to get the armys who live in the US to like her more since she will be vp.

just me? okay

edit: i want to clarify that i am NOT jumping to conclusions when i say the kamala harris is using bts for clout. i am only spectulating things. i know kamala harris may just genuinely like bts as she likes other artists. it was just the news of her mentioning so that lead up to this thread being made. if she likes bts for real, amazing.

````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

~ BTS ~ EXO ~ BLACKPINK ~ LOONA ~ ATEEZ ~ IZ*ONE ~ DREAMCATCHER ~ RED VELVET ~ STRAY KIDS ~ AESPA ~ TWICE ~

“Stan Loona

~ cherry

• Its kind of flattering to think BTS is powerful enough that US vice president is afraid of armys cancelling her, but its obviously not true. It might seem strange, but politicians also have personal tastes and she just likes their music.

Reactors react to kpop at all for views (aka money), thats what they do.

Artists collab for expanding their potential listener base or because label is attaching an unknown artist they want to build up to a bigger star or because they actually want to make music together. I think you can find all of these types of collabs in kpop. Most collabs between western artists are for gaining better charting and sales or propping up a lesser known artist as well.

• About KH, I don't think ARMY wanted ( or even is able to, LOL ) cancel her. I just don't see what gain she could get from liking BTS. Maybe the intern in charge of her social medias likes BTS and wants to see cute selfies between two articles of The Economist.

For reactors, obviously. I usually don't watch people who only react to kpop anyway, and especially not the ones who only react to BTS. In 90% of the cases, they do that for the clicks, and they will just put out a video everyday, not caring about the content itself. As for 'forced' reactions... maybe ? I mean, when you are a mediocre reactor, beside saying I like it/I don't like it, there is not a lot you can do.

For the collabs, I think you can easily spots the ones that are made for 'clouts' ( Hi, Jason Derulo ) and the ones that are born from mutual appreciation ( Steve Aoki, Halsey ). I personnally enjoy collabs, I just want it to stay occasional.

• I-I-It ain’t that deep.....

• I agree about celebrities and youtubers. The real fans are easy to spot on tho, so is not that bad.

But I cannot picture KH following BTS because of clout, i mean is she that shallow?

af4cbcaad4a1abe0246bf37caba00bd9e29ecd6c.gifv0411037240460fde49b7fc965e5c2fc8ab693bdb.gifv

• Overwhelming majority of kpop reacters are obviously fake af and do it for the views I agree. I can't stand them. They would never say anything remotely negative about a bts or BP song even if they hate it. Everything will always be amazing according to them.

Most collabs that happen even in the US music industry are for clout, streams and sales. It's not exclusive to kpop collabs.

As for the Kamala Harris thing I don't think it's that deep.

• So only BTS is for clout but every other celebrity and musician she follows or has on her playlist is because she genuinely likes them?

Oh ok cool.

She had BWL on her playlist way back but ofc her being a genuine BTS fan is so out there for some..lmao.

Either way, whether she is a fan or using them for clout, remember BTS is that powerful that the newly appointed VP of US does this amongst her first moves on social media.

• I agree about the fake YouTube reactors. However, I don’t think the VP of the US, right hand “woman?” of the ‘Free World’ needs clout from BTS when she’s just been elected and has already won her seat. Like, what would you gain from that when you’re already in a position of power?

Does that mean she’s following Zendaya and other Western artists for clout too? What is it with Kpop fans insisting that only BTS gets fake love (pardon the pun) while other Kpop groups get “legitimate” support outside the fandom?

• yeah i definitely agree. people called me delulu and said it wasn't that serious but i can't help but think there were political reasons for her following bts. we're the biggest fandom in the u.s. and i guess she thinks its a good move to pander to us if she wants approval from gen z and for her and biden to be elected into a second term (or for her to be elected prez after biden's inevitable death from dementia or old age). politicians these days are really going for the gen z voting bloc since we'll be a big factor in future elections. haven't y'all seen aoc playing among us? kpop is just really popular among gen z, especially bts. i don't think we can't rule my theory out for certain. and plus, hasn't it got us talking about her? so it doesn't matter if her motivation for following them was political, it'll have political consequences anyways.

• yeah i definitely agree. people called me delulu and said it wasn't that serious but i can't help but think there were political reasons for her following bts. we're the biggest fandom in the u.s. and i guess she thinks its a good move to pander to us if she wants approval from gen z and for her and biden to be elected into a second term (or for her to be elected prez after biden's inevitable death from dementia or old age). politicians these days are really going for the gen z voting bloc since we'll be a big factor in future elections. haven't y'all seen aoc playing among us? kpop is just really popular among gen z, especially bts. i don't think we can't rule my theory out for certain. and plus, hasn't it got us talking about her? so it doesn't matter if her motivation for following them was political, it'll have political consequences anyways.

To be honest if we want to be really cynical, KH following a bunch of artists like Zendaya and BTS who are young, and POC, and fighting for LGBT rights and against racism etc... is just a way to give herself a cool, 'nice' image ( when we all know she is a snake, lol ). It's not BTS specifically, they just happen to be popular with young democrats, and to be POC, so that will do.

I don't trust any politicians anyway, lol.

• I-I-It ain’t that deep.....

not trying to start an argument but i never said it was deep....lmao

````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

~ BTS ~ EXO ~ BLACKPINK ~ LOONA ~ ATEEZ ~ IZ*ONE ~ DREAMCATCHER ~ RED VELVET ~ STRAY KIDS ~ AESPA ~ TWICE ~

“Stan Loona

~ cherry

• So only BTS is for clout but every other celebrity and musician she follows or has on her playlist is because she genuinely likes them?

Oh ok cool.

i understand where you are coming from but i edited the post clarifying that i wasn't jumping to conclusions on that. check the post again. thank you!

“Stan Loona

~ cherry

• I agree about the fake YouTube reactors. However, I don’t think the VP of the US, right hand “woman?” of the ‘Free World’ needs clout from BTS when she’s just been elected and has already won her seat. Like, what would you gain from that when you’re already in a position of power?

Does that mean she’s following Zendaya and other Western artists for clout too? What is it with Kpop fans insisting that only BTS gets fake love (pardon the pun) while other Kpop groups get “legitimate” support outside the fandom?

bts is more famous and have a bigger fanbase so it's more likely that people would give them fake love to please that bigger audience.

“Stan Loona

~ cherry

• To be honest if we want to be really cynical, KH following a bunch of artists like Zendaya and BTS who are young, and POC, and fighting for LGBT rights and against racism etc... is just a way to give herself a cool, 'nice' image ( when we all know she is a snake, lol ). It's not BTS specifically, they just happen to be popular with young democrats, and to be POC, so that will do.

I don't trust any politicians anyway, lol.

right, it's truly a way to make herself look better in the eyes of younger voters. they'll think, oh i like bts, she likes bts, and think that they can relate to her. meanwhile politically, she's not going to help them at all, just work for the interests of donors, lobbyists, and whoever else. kind of off topic but the innauggeration today was so depressing. all the talk about democracy and change and bringing together the american people, but it's just a change from one figurehead to another. maybe laws will change but the systems that oppress us will still remain.

• she would’ve done the same if it were any other Kpop act though. Even if they’re less popular than BTS, the Kpop community is very loud and vocal on social media. They’re all very capable of giving her the clout she presumably needs.

It’s just that this only pushes the narrative that it’s near impossible for a grown person to ever like BTS, that every support they receive is fake but every other Kpop group must be making quality music instead for anyone to follow them. Every favorable opinion about them is fake and done for clout but every favorable opinion about any other group, even BP who has a huge social media following on their own, must be because the “GP” genuinely likes their music. It’s a tired narrative to push the “BTS only has fandom support” agenda while “my faves have genuine mainstream popularity” shtick.

• Yes, I feel the same way. I feel like some of them use kpop only to fake a mask and show that they are open-minded and support Asia too. In reality, I think all of them kinda hate kpop, especially BTS since they gained a lot of popularity and it's pretty dangerous since their fandom is getting bigger lol.

Out of nowhere, there are lots of YouTubers who play songs or do kpop dances/ artist who are interested in collaborations, even tho they ignored SK music until now.

Most of them are fake, don't forget that influencers would do anything to remain in the spotlight, even if they hate it haha. They only think this can be a good way to gain some publicity.

• Okay people are wayyyy out of line with Kamala Harris. She is already a senator for years from a big Democrat state. And she gain more prominence this year for her dealing/questioning of Trump on the Senate floor as well as the last supreme court hearing . People need to take off their Kpop lenses and see perspective from outside of it. Correlation is not causation.

Second if she did it for clout she would have done it before the election, compare to now which would have no effect on her whatsoever. Third she's a POC and she's from the Bay Area. Just by virtual of her position and environment, her exposure to BTS is highly likely and it's not strange for her to like them. BTS's listener over 50 is the third biggest cohort for the fandom anyway, even higher than the teens (10-20).

As for your other point OP, people been saying it for years. Kpop gained a lot of attention in 2016-2017 due to reaction channel. Is reality show real? But people still watch them. In the end it's just another form of entertainment. Pick your poison is what I'm saying. If you are entertained by the reactors, by all mean watch them. If not, don't. Let's not put too much thought on something that is just careless entertainment

• This thread contains 3 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!