idk why bighit don't give bts propper solo debuts

• it makes no sense anymore to only release mixtapes. it made sense on the beginning bc RM and agust d had samples that couldn't be monetized, but since hope world the boys literally treat mixtapes as albums with 100% original songs. hope world would have an amazing packaging for the physical album :pepe-sad: . even if they don't promote why dont at least make albums so we could buy? it benefits everyone and i don't see why the boys would be against it. so much wasted potential.

• I think it's personal choice tbh. Looking at TXT, they have solo promo/activities meaning BH has no issues with that. Hobi did have some actual promo for CNS in 2018 too, I think the BTS members just aren't really interested in doing a lot of solo promotion. Jimin himself has said before that he isn't interested in doing solo work at all because it's seems lonely.

• Official Post

If J-Hope had wanted Hope World to have a physical release then it would have had one.

I feel like most of them probably care more about their work than stuff like how pretty the album is.

• "give"? there's nothing to give, if they wanted to go solo ofc they would have done it.

v is about to release his mixtape (fingers crossed for "about to"), atm they care about the music they put out by themselves. jk said he's been thinking about his solo career; they'll go solo when they are ready.

eta: i agree on physical copies tho.

• I think it's personal choice tbh. Looking at TXT, they have solo promo/activities meaning BH has no issues with that. Hobi did have some actual promo for CNS in 2018 too, I think the BTS members just aren't really interested in doing a lot of solo promotion. Jimin himself has said before that he isn't interested in doing solo work at all because it's seems lonely.

They're releasing what is comfortable for them. Having mixtapes and releases the way they do, takes some of the pressure cause its obviously not focused on commercial success at all but rather just sharing the music, they can release when and what they want.

• Until now, BTS members have never promoted songs from their mixtapes. They has a rule of not promoting solo songs. Believe me, Armys want it too, but it's more like a group policy.

promo.jpg

"Don’t judge a book by its cover. Everybody has a reason and everybody has a story. I hope people don’t judge a person based on what they see." Kim Taehyung

b9067265d2fcc30fa3ee1ba591881fc0865471a4.jpg

• Namjoon himself was the one who put Mono. free on dropbox and didn't put it elsewhere until armies begged to be able to pay for it

What? this is not true

mono was always available to buy on itunes and to stream on apple music and spotify. His first mixtape is the one that's not available for purchase because of samples

to answer OP, the only true mixtapes that they've released were RM1 and Agust D. Nowadays, it's a marketing strategy, mostly to make armys feel secure that BTS is going to stay OT7 as well as minimize the money and time that bighit has to spend on their solo activities

• Same reason why BH wont allow individual endorsement/ambassador deals, even with giant brands like Gucci.

BH is probably worried about civil wars within the Army fandom. And potential friction within the team itself, imagine if only the visuals got multiple big name deals while the non visuals got nothing. I think the group is close enough to overcome any potential jealousy/resentment, but why take the risk when BTS is driving on all cylinders right now.

Same applies to solo debuts. Fandom wars and internal conflicts are something BH probably doesnt want to deal with.

But BTS are super driven and ambitious af. They all have pride and egos, you cant be a superstar WITHOUT these attributes frankly. I'm not talking about being an arrogant dickhead, i'm talking about pride of ownership, desire to achieve personal goals, and a willingness to overcome all challenges. Deep down, i'm sure some if not all the members want to strike out on their own.

• What? this is not true

mono was always available to buy on itunes and to stream on apple music and spotify. His first mixtape is the one that's not available for purchase because of samples

maybe they asked for a physical copy? i wasn't in the fandom back then, i don't know

Because solo stans would slaugther each other, which kinda makes me wish they would do it.

unrelated but still related; i wonder when jk (for example) goes solo will his akgaes continue supporting group's releases? baekhyun's akgaes stopped supporting exo, they care about him only

In Festa last year Namjoon mentioned that while he enjoys working on his mixtape he is happiest with the group, or something along those lines.

They also realise how being together puts lesser individual pressure on them. They mentioned how Halsey told them that they were so lucky to be together and handle the pressures of fame together.

Already the mixtape has Tae and JK so anxious, imagine the pressure of a proper solo release. Mixtape also gives them more artistic freedom.

• maybe they asked for a physical copy? i wasn't in the fandom back then, i don't know

unrelated but still related; i wonder when jk (for example) goes solo will his akgaes continue supporting group's releases? baekhyun's akgaes stopped supporting exo, they care about him only

I am sure most hardcore akgaes of any member won't buy the group's work then and this will be a huge problem for the group. Maybe the boys also realise that and do not want to hurt the group's current prospects for that reason.

• I thought we had all agreed it's because BH hates them, has no business sense and is sabotaging one of the fellas each day of the week...

Tell'em Bangtan is dancing on the floorImage result for bts dancing gif fire

• I am sure most hardcore akgaes of any member won't buy the group's work then and this will be a huge problem for the group. Maybe the boys also realise that and do not want to hurt the group's current prospects for that reason.

just want to say that i used jk as an example because he's the most popular member and is expected to have the biggest number of akgaes; and because he's the only member who actually mentioned solo career.

ngl i'm interested in the members' solo albums numbers and bts numbers when they eventually go solo.

iirc previous beakhyun's album (not the one released a few days ago) sold more than the last exo album. which is sad but it is how it is.

• The question is: why is Bighit saying no to money?

I think the answer is bts. They have implicit dropped hints over the years many times. They gave us the answer without saying it outright but they came pretty close. I hope people just listen. It’s probably something they agreed together. Just respect that.

Bts is at a point if they want a solo, they would get it. If they still choose to release mixtape it’s probably what they decided.

• i understand about not wanting to go completely solo by doing album releases and promotions but the thing i don’t get is that their solo music is available on itunes and recently on spotify but NOT on korean streaming platforms like melon etc. that doesn’t make any sense to me

• The group is more important for them now I think & rightfully so since enlistment will keep them apart for years assuming they enlist when called upon

They have 2022? -2026 to pursue solo endeavors if they wish I think

As per the new BTS law Jin does not have to enlist till Dec 2023, so after that they could but even then their contract is till 2026 and they will keep being BTS and performing together even if a few enlist.

• That's not confirmed tho

Last I heard the bill wasn't approved yet

Based on current rules it's Dec 2021?

If that bill gets approved it'll be 2024-2027 for solo & sub-unit stuff

It got passed, it will come into effect this July just in time for Jin to benefit from it.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• It got passed, it will come into effect this July just in time for Jin to benefit from it.

OH wow

So jin till Dec 2023 that means they can definitely hold another stadium tour next year & in 2023 as well

• As per the new BTS law Jin does not have to enlist till Dec 2023, so after that they could but even then their contract is till 2026 and they will keep being BTS and performing together even if a few enlist.

Jin does have until Dec 2023, but their current contract expires in mid 2024.

• at this point, I'd let it build. While it would be awesome to hear some solo projects from BTS, we have to remember that BTS isn't just another K Pop group.

I feel like many labels (Korean) put out solo projects without much thought or time framing.

When we eventually get BTS solo projects, and I believe we will because Big Hit doesn't seem like a label that hates making money, when we get the BTS solos, it will feel like a big deal.

Kakyoin Cherry Cherry Licking GIF - Kakyoin Cherry Cherry Licking GIFs          JenniesBTCH on Twitter:       Yena and capybara - 9GAG

• i dont really understand why armies are so worried about solo stans, they exist and will continue existing. have yall ever checked fancam views, songs streams? it's obvious who are the most popular of the group, releasing solo debuts wont make a difference. i actually think it would be a good thing, they work so hard making those "mixtapes" but they wont never truly reach the public bc of bighit stupid narratives, they at least deserve some sort of promotion (like playlisting and being released in korean music platforms) so more ppl get to know them individually.

• I'm sure its BTS' decision. They even have say in promo strategies. Rapline have released 5 mixtapes and each one of them had different type promos. Jk was saying he want to make 3 MVs for main tracks.

BTS is different from other kpop groups. They have solo songs on BTS' albums. Recently Nick Jonas have said this is what they admire about BTS.

Army would definitely support their solo careers too but solo careers put more pressure to the members due to BTS' tight schedule.

I hope they would at least put their SoundCloud discography on Spotify :eyebrowsr:

• 1) Less pressure. Tae and JK both expressed how much pressure they felt releasing a solo mixtape, so an album would be even worse. I feel like the rap line is a bit more comfortable with it.

2) Not having to deal with akgaes ( to be honest, that's not true, becaue akgaes will cling to a specific song/project even right now. Gosh were the JK solos annoying about Film Out just because JK helped to compose it ).

3) Business-wise, keeping the OT7 brand in the fore-front. I don't think it's BH choice only, though. I'm sure it was discussed between BH and BTS and they agreed it was the best thing to do.

• maybe they asked for a physical copy? i wasn't in the fandom back then, i don't know

All akgaes are the same, so yeah, it would be like that. Mr. Bang isn't stupid, debuting a member now would be bad for bussines. BTS is at the top now, why ruin it, there will be a time for solo debuts, now it isn't, imo.

• The only ones that actually want for BTS to stay together forever and only release mixtapes are rapline stans.

The longer BH will withold vocal line solo work the more solo stans will be born every month.

And don't delusion yourself. If solo fanbases didn't fund songs composed by vocal line members those songs would not hit even top 40 on charts. Jk fanbases gathered over 15k for FO compard to OT7 fanbases 500$. Last comeback Bts US funds refused to fund B&G and Stay.

• This thread contains 41 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!