LE SSERAFIM's album sales (650k and counting on Hanteo now) got all the headlines, but I'm MUCH more concerned with their digitals

• They were truly on a trajectory to become one of the most dominant digital acts on their generation, with the surprise success that was Perfect Night, which is their biggest hit song in Korea, but since then, it's really gone downhill.

I don't think Easy really ever challenged for #1 on any Korean chart, and now Crazy isn't showing any signs it will come remotely close to doing so either. I know they will always do well on Spotify and in Japan, but the Korean charting matters, especially for a girl group, and I'm worried the general public has turned on them and might not ever tune into LSF the way they did less than a year ago.

fromis_9 (LOVE TO SEE THEM SUCCEED) is going to have a better charting title track than LE SSERAFIM.

That's...crazy.

• I wonder if their comeback was too soon. I am enjoying the comeback and it seems to be doing better internationally. They might have been better off taking a break or maybe focus on Japan

• As far as my anecdotal experience goes, their reputation in SK is in the toilet.

On monday one of my students was telling me to listen to Fromis9 and she was like "they sing live very well . . . but Le Sserafim no" and then a bunch of other students in the class were like "yeahhh" and sadly shook their heads. Like the conversation had nothing to even do with LSF in the first place, but somehow they've become the standard "can't sing live" group to contrast with whoever you're hyping up apparently.

Also last Friday I was asking another class "anyone excited for LSF's comeback today?" and my students were like completely silent and just looked at me with this look of embarassment and almost pity like "oh teacher doesn't know about them." Once you're un-trendy in SK it's super super hard to come back from that.

• HYBE needed to read the room, why are you making them comeback when their reputation is terrible and going through an insane hate train right now. The song isn't even that great either. ILLIT will probably perform similarly or a bit better. Can't believe they're being outcharted by NMIXX ;(

in all fairness to NMIXX, that song is an earworm

• As far as my anecdotal experience goes, their reputation in SK is in the toilet.

On monday one of my students was telling me to listen to Fromis9 and she was like "they sing live very well . . . but Le Sserafim no" and then a bunch of other students in the class were like "yeahhh" and sadly shook their heads. Like the conversation had nothing to even do with LSF in the first place, but somehow they've become the standard "can't sing live" group to contrast with whoever you're hyping up apparently.

Also last Friday I was asking another class "anyone excited for LSF's comeback today?" and my students were like completely silent and just looked at me with this look of embarassment and almost pity like "oh teacher doesn't know about them." Once you're un-trendy in SK it's super super hard to come back from that.

Damn...that's both real and brutal. Just... :meme-erm:

Thanks for the incredible anecdote.

• It seems Fearnots has moved past these outdated K-charts especially after the multiple hate train attack on them from Knetz. If you ask anyone, they'll likely dismiss them with a “forget about it” tone. Ultimately, focusing on global performance (sales, touring and digital) is crucial for long-term success; staying local won’t sustain the group for the next decade.

Even if Crazy rises, I would say a big no, thank-you. :thumbdown:

#Onlyspeakfacts

:boredr: :siptear:

Dang I guess vocals do matter to them...

No wonder why some encore stage of music shows would be at #1 on SK Youtube. They would tune for those especially for popular idols. :pepe-life-support:

• It seems Fearnots has moved past these outdated K-charts especially after the multiple hate train attack on them from Knetz. If you ask anyone, they'll likely dismiss them with a “forget about it” tone. Ultimately, focusing on global performance (sales, touring and digital) is crucial for long-term success; staying local won’t sustain the group for the next decade.

Charting has never been about fandoms exclusively, so Fearnots (which I doubt you actually are; I'm a bigger Fearnot than you, a company stan) have nothing to do with this thread.

This is about how the general public has apparently tuned out and checked out of LSF's music.

At the end of 2023, I predicted LSF was about to take its biggest leap yet, and it's been a train wreck since the Easy era in terms of their reputation with the public and how their songs have charted in Korea.

• dude, leave this fake concern. No one actually believes you care about lesserafim

Focus on your faves instead

The only aaccurate statement here is that you're no one and your opinion doesn't mean shit to me.

I'm confident I'm a much bigger Fearnot than you, so save your rabid tribalism for someone dull enough to engage in it like you do.

That isn't me.

If you don't want to participate in the discussion, get the hell out my thread and stop crying. But you ain't gatekeeping me

• I think they need POSITIVE viral moment

Year end awards season is around the corner. This is the perfect opportunity for LSF to seize the moment.

Before this year, they had a reputation for being the best performers of their peers. Kind of crazy to see how that's all evaporated after Coachella.

But if they burn the stage up like they usually do, it could help repair their image with the public

• but I am.

2wp. Your thread yes. Your forum? No.

I keep on ranting about everybody gets a voice and don't attack others.

Guess I need to enforce it from time to time.

• but I am.

2wp. Your thread yes. Your forum? No.

I keep on ranting about everybody gets a voice and don't attack others.

Guess I need to enforce it from time to time.

I didn't attack anyone. I defended myself, which in well within my right to do. People shouldn't fire a gun unless they're prepared to be shot at themselves.

You can accuse me of counter attacking, which I take no issue with, but don't act like my response was unprovoked and someone else didn't try to make it personal first.

I'm not going to be made the villain here.

• I didn't attack anyone. I defended myself, which in well within my right to do. People shouldn't fire a gun unless they're prepared to be shot at themselves.

You can accuse me of counter attacking, which I take no issue with, but don't act like my response was unprovoked and someone else didn't try to make it personal first.

I'm not going to be made the villain here.

I could make a whole discussion about you being the offender.

Hell, I have so many receipts I can have you banned forever and we both know it.

But I won't. Know why?

Because even as trigger happy you are. I am not.

• I could make a whole discussion about you being the offender.

Hell, I have so many receipts I can have you banned forever and we both know it.

But I won't. Know why?

Because even as trigger happy you are. I am not.

The past has nothing to do with the current discussion point, which is about someone coming into my thread to try to gatekeep and tell me what I can and can't discuss.

There is an easy opt out accessible to all users called "Don't click on my threads or just block me", and I don't see an issue with having an abrasive response to someone personally attacking me for such an inoffensive talking point.

If you're going to punish me for being an "offender", at least punish both parties involved.

• It depresses me that Le Sserafim is receiving this treatment. I feel for both the girls and the fans. Even though criticism is warranted, this whole debacle has completely spiraled.

I don't expect people to be completely loyal to them or ignore their shortcomings but I just feel like people are taking things too far with the hate comments and harassment. It just makes me sad. Especially some of the comments towards Eunchae and Sakura that are far past criticism and venomous remarks to make the posters feel superior.

I know my reply has nothing to do with the album sales but that's because I don't really know much about that kind of stuff.

• It depresses me that Le Sserafim is receiving this treatment. I feel for both the girls and the fans. Even though criticism is warranted, this whole debacle has completely spiraled.

I don't expect people to be completely loyal to them or ignore their shortcomings but I just feel like people are taking things too far with the hate comments and harassment. It just makes me sad. Especially some of the comments towards Eunchae and Sakura that are far past criticism and venomous remarks to make the posters feel superior.

I know my reply has nothing to do with the album sales but that's because I don't really know much about that kind of stuff.

Their core fans, Fearnots, will always have their backs. So they can continue to tour the world, sell lots of albums and get lots of love from them. The whole narrative that their FANS abandoned them was malicious, ignorant and blatantly false.

These girls faced IMMEDIATE controversy when they debuted, due to the Kim Garam fiasco, so both LSF and Fearnots are no strangers to turbulent times.

But the issue I'm seeing now, yes, as a fan, is that this is the first time their song metrics have been negatively impacted.

In the digital thread here, someone made the observation of how their songs lost a ton of momentum after the Coachella "incident" (I'm not even sure what to call it. Very few groups would sound stellar with zero backtrack), and this is their first comeback post everything, and it's the first time I've seen their title track out of the top 10. It's not even top 50 most of the day.

• HYBE needed to read the room, why are you making them comeback when their reputation is terrible and going through an insane hate train right now. The song isn't even that great either. ILLIT will probably perform similarly or a bit better. Can't believe they're being outcharted by NMIXX ;(

making them come back so soon was the worst decision.

when i first heard about this comback, i was like almost thrilled (yeah i want bang projects to flop :smirks:) because this felt like purposful self sabotage of sserafim. it's like purposfully killing any possible renaissance of the group after spending a proper amount of time to improve their vocals and make people forget their chella disaster.

this revenge comback to prove themselves (which could have gathered a decent amount of hype) has been wasted on this mid ep and tt and during the worst release timing ever.

hybe are really arrogant fools :meme-stare: .

• :meme-disappointed:

their touring is probably gonna be terrible or pretty underwhelming in terms of success. specially in asia. probably even in japan. which would prove how inflated their albums sales actually are :pepe-tea: .

• Year end awards season is around the corner. This is the perfect opportunity for LSF to seize the moment.

Before this year, they had a reputation for being the best performers of their peers. Kind of crazy to see how that's all evaporated after Coachella.

But if they burn the stage up like they usually do, it could help repair their image with the public

they tried during summer gayo daejun, nobody gave a f*ck :pepepizza: .

• Sort of unrelated but I'm curious to know how the kcharts have been viewed over time by stans. I would assume in 1st, 2nd, and early 3rd gen that they were the holy scripture. As in, you could easily gauge a groups popularity/fandom size just by looking at their performance on melon and such. Whereas now we have groups like LSF, whose fandom seems to largely exist outside of SK, and we can't really say much about their overall popularity or fandom just based off kcharts performance alone.

• :meme-bonk::chill-yourself:

No one sided bashing of LSF. Simmer down now. Simmer down. You're at a 10 and I need you at about a 1 or 2.

There is no need for Bunnies to see them as rivals, even if their bosses are engaged in a bitter battle for supremacy.

what rivals :meme-spit-water::pepe-joy: .

i liked Sakura and some of their songs but idgf anymore i'm angry and i'll be petty af :meme-frustrated: .

Edited 2 times, last by alexS: I can't even start ().

• what rivals :meme-spit-water::pepe-joy: .

they're just (as a group nothing personal) the demonic children of an evil pig. i can't imagine the amount of dirt bang trash did to njs so he could push his 'girls' above them or steal deals and opportunities from njs :cursing:.

they're like an exstension of him, therefore they're basically one entity <X <X <X . they even bragg ed about their LV deal on the day the pig fired MHJ X(.

idgf anymore i'm angry and i'll be petty af :meme-frustrated: .

Don't be petty and problematic here, Tatiananumbers.

This thread was not created to be your outlet for venting your bitter emotions towards LSF.

• This thread contains 83 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!