Thanks to AKP (and reddit), I now know I just lived through the greatest flop era in K-Pop History

• Yep. You read it right. I'm convinced. NewJeans were completely exposed by the loss of their token stans and HYBE Payola.

Call them NewFlops. Or at least that's what the antis, jealous fans of less successful girl groups and HYBE stans in their cultist era have told me for the past 4 months.

But even in the NewFlops era, the numbers never lie, do they? Let's take a look.

BunniesTaglist

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content x.com

External Content x.com

External Content x.com

External Content x.com

And in Japan (Spotify streams)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GRYIw3WWoAAQ_N7?format=jpg&name=900x900

So I guess even being in their NewFlops Era wasn't enough for any girl group to approach supplanting NewJeans as the top idol group in the industry today.

THIS is what I mean about insurmountable gaps. Cut NewJeans' success from last year in half and their numbers are still near double the next closest group.

And today it was confirmed NewJeans is responsible for 14% of HYBE's operational profit this year.

:meme-kek:

Flop like NewJeans, I guess. But even that bar is too high for others to reach

• From the quality of their songs, they certainly are flopping for me as of late, but I feel like all the top groups have fallen flat in 2024, so it's not a NewJeans phenomenom. It's hard to match or exceed expectations when you release a song like "Ditto," which is probably on the short list of best songs in either third or fourth gen for me.

I'm not sure who is trying to deny NewJeans's numbers though, and I haven't seen people here doing that either? But I try to stay away from fan wars, so maybe I'm staying away from the right places.

• And NewJeans have only released 2 single albums last 12 months when nearly all others have released 2 EP or 1 EP + 1 full album

Literally just 4 new songs. 4. And 2 of them were barely promoted in Korea and have Japanese lyrics in them.

All this + insane internal company disputes threatening the future of the group + all the negative media play attempted by HYBE + ARMY leading multiple hate campaigns against them...and it still wasn't enough to dethrone them or loosen their grip on the K-Pop industry. Last week, even the President of South Korea was tweeting #NewJeans

The sooner people stop trying to deny the obvious reality of the NewJeans Era of K-Pop, the sooner they can stop coping that it's not their favorite group and just be grateful for the successes they have regardless.

• From the quality of their songs, they certainly are flopping for me as of late, but I feel like all the top groups have fallen flat in 2024, so it's not a NewJeans phenomenom. It's hard to match or exceed expectations when you release a song like "Ditto," which is probably on the short list of best songs in either third or fourth gen for me.

I'm not sure who is trying to deny NewJeans's numbers though, and I haven't seen people here doing that either? But I try to stay away from fan wars, so maybe I'm staying away from the right places.

I have shut down multiple idiots on Reddit, who end up ghosting or blocking me once I drop the facts on their ignorant heads.

And here? Oh please. The naysayers and instigators and jealous haters know who they are. If it wouldn't get me banned, I would tag all their asses one by one.

I can easily find a certain thread and provide readily available receipts that I promised I would keep for further down the line.

Needless to say, there are lots of bitter tribalistic haters trying to push a "NewJeans flopped" narrative, as if any group is on their level.

• They are still very much Number 1 girl group as you have said! But the thing is they are on a downward trend internationally! Unlike Le Sserafim and Aespa who are on an upward trend!

Just pray for the girls so that Snowball effect won’t happen!

And people are calling them flops just to trigger you, so even those people know that New Jeans are not flops! Pretty much everyone who understands charts agreed that New Jeans is Number 1 girl Group!

• NJ lost Army and Hybe stans forever, but it could be back once MHJ is out altogether. Considering Hybe has 5 girl groups, their focus right now on establishing rookies girl groups like Illit and Katseye so all out promotion going to be for them.

14% is a small amount when HYBE has 20 groups and few shares on SM ent.

Think again if you think they care.

Most of these are accumulated from previous year catalogues but globally, aespa, Illit, Lefims, BM have better recorded individual performance altogether this year. In Korea, aespa, NewJeans, Gidle have a better standing performance this year. Now the question is if they can keep up next year.

Non-related, but I think we in a major breaking incoming scandal soon, and Hybe and SM will suffer for a while.

LE SSERAFIM CRAZY"All the girls are girling girling"

"Act like an angel and dress like Crazy"

What? :hehedog: :white-heart: :doge:

:pepe-dj::violinist-pepe::twerkingpepe::pepemusic: :pepe-excited:

People say I act like don’t care. It’s not an act.

:flop::thumbs-up::mukbang::groovins::uh-uh-bunny:

• They are still very much Number 1 girl group as you have said! But the thing is they are on a downward trend internationally! Unlike Le Sserafim and Aespa who are on an upward trend!

Just pray for the girls so that Snowball effect won’t happen!

And people are calling them flops just to trigger you, so even those people know that New Jeans are not flops! Pretty much everyone who understands charts agreed that New Jeans is Number 1 girl Group!

This is the first year where they're clearly going to finish as the top streamed girl group on Spotify, and their monthly streaming numbers well exceed any girl group not named BLACKPINK.

There is no downward trend, and it's silly to claim that based on 4 songs, 2 of which weren't promoted anywhere but Japan.

How did aespa and IVE's Japanese releases do in the West?

Exactly.

• Be quiet.

No matter how much you try to manipulate numbers to fit your cringe and illogical narratives, I'm not going to let it happen.

Let me say this for the fiftieth time

MULTIPLE SONGS FROM YOUR DISCOGRAPHY HAVING INCREDIBLE LONGEVITY IS THE BIGGEST FLEX

Do you people really think "well that's because people won't stop listening to their 2 years old songs!!!!" is shade?

That just means the public is still obsessed with ALL their music.

NewJeans have songs from literally EVERY era since their debut in the top 50 of the Korean Daily charts.

Find me a girl group that can claim the same.

I'll wait.

• Boy. Kpop stans really care alot for what other people think about their faves. So peculiar.

They're public figures. OF COURSE we care and of course there will be discourse.

For example, you think people type up dissertations about who the greatest athletes of all time are because they don't care what people think about them?

Same logic applies with idols. Perhaps to an even more severe degree, since their livelihood is even more reliant on public interest and favor

• Anyone denying NewJeans's place on top is just instigating something. I'm surprised haters would even take that line of attack on them. Numbers don't lie.

• You know damn well that they are on a downward trend! Their songs have flopped on Spotify compared to their previous releases! Le sserafim is returning so they can catch up in terms of Spotify streams, so let’s just wait until the end of the year!

Tell me In which language was Supernatural? There was more Korean than Japanese in the song! And they promoted it globally, not exclusively in Japan! Tokkis need to stop claiming that these are exclusively Japanese Release where in fact they are not! Give Aespa the same type of promo and pseudo Japanese song, and they will have the same results as New Jeans! I’m not sure about Ive since they are not strong on Spotify!

• Anyone denying NewJeans's place on top is just instigating something. I'm surprised haters would even take that line of attack on them. Numbers don't lie.

Rival girl group stans have been silently seething and waiting in desperate anticipation for an opportunity to attack NewJeans, ever since they exploded in popularity from the moment they surprised the K-Pop world with their sudden debut and then proceeded to rewrite the record books and become THE group of all groups overnight.

All they've known is NewJeans putting up video game numbers while speed running every possible achievement, so of course they start yapping and doomposting the moment they don't completely dominate every single metric possible.

I would name fandoms, and maybe still will (BLINKS, Dives), but they know who they are.

Granted another fandom is more toxic towards NewJeans now than all those girl group stans combined (ARMY)

Yeah, I said it.

• Biggest risk for NJ is hybe delaying their first full album release, beside that they'll be fine

Hybe can't afford to put Newjeans in the dungeon. Apparently, Mirae Asset Securities got put options, and they can exercise next month.

하이브·민희진 수천억 걸린 치킨게임…뉴진스는 어떻게?
    “수천억원이 걸린 치킨게임이다.” 지난 27일 어도어 이사회에서 전격 해임된 민희진 전 대표와 하이브 간의 갈등을 본 한 엔터업계 관계자의 말이다. 거액이 걸린 상황에서 양쪽이 한치의 양보도 없는 극한 대립 상태에
    n.news.naver.com

"even if Hybe and former CEO Min engage in a legal battle, it seems that there will be no changes in New Jeans’ activities for the time being. Both sides have stated that “New Jeans is the top priority.” There are also securities industry predictions that New Jeans’ contribution to Hybe’s overall operating profit this year will reach 14%, so Hybe will not be able to let New Jeans go easily. Popular music critic Kim Do-heon predicted, “K-pop projects are not prepared one or two months in advance, but are completed several quarters in advance. Regardless of former CEO Min’s dismissal, New Jeans’ planned new album in the second half of the year and world tour next year will proceed as planned.”

• You are spiraling

I'm dropping facts and spitting truth. What I always do. Find the lie if you believe otherwise.

You know damn well that they are on a downward trend! Their songs have flopped on Spotify compared to their previous releases! Le sserafim is returning so they can catch up in terms of Spotify streams, so let’s just wait until the end of the year!

Tell me In which language was Supernatural? There was more Korean than Japanese in the song! And they promoted it globally, not exclusively in Japan! Tokkis need to stop claiming that these are exclusively Japanese Release where in fact they are not! Give Aespa the same type of promo and pseudo Japanese song, and they will have the same results as New Jeans! I’m not sure about Ive since they are not strong on Spotify!

You don't get to just ignore empirical data and objective facts to continue spinning ridiculous, sensationalist narratives without a grain or gram of truth to them.

I literally just posted metrics that show NewJeans' overall performance is still completely dominant, and that is FAR more reliable as a data set than any individual song could ever be.

BTS didn't have the biggest individual boy group song in Korea in 2018; that would be iKon with Love Scenario by a very wide margin. Would you have argued it was proof BTS was on a downward trend in Korea back then?

Anyway, I will not entertain this exchange any further. It lacks substance.

• BTS comparison is ridiculous! And I said they are on a downward trend internationally not domestically! BTS was on a meteoric rise globally until 2020! Unlike New Jeans who peaked with Super Shy!

Yeah as you have said individual songs don’t matter but it matters in a long run! NewJeans’ biggest hits globally will slowly stop gaining big numbers and their releases this year will have even less streams than them!

I wouldn’t call that they are in downward trend if they have underperformed slightly but it was very drastic change! If you don’t believe that they are in a downward trajectory internationally then you are blind

• I've been saying it since your old pal rando was posting nonsense, they didn't really flop or decline much, it's just that were seeing everything spread across 4 underwhelming songs. Not bad, just underwhelming, Bubblegum is pretty great, How Sweet is catchy, and Supernatural has grown on me. Right Now is literally forgettable though. And even the fact that these songs are doing quite well, despite being underwhelming, should be at least some testament to NJs popularity.

Though idk who are you fighting atp lol, no one with a functioning brain could look at the numbers and not say NJs is on top. I don't think they gap their contemporaries in the same way that BP gaps theirs, but there is indeed a gap.

• BTS comparison is ridiculous! And I said they are on a downward trend internationally not domestically! BTS was on a meteoric rise globally until 2020! Unlike New Jeans who peaked with Super Shy!

Yeah as you have said individual songs don’t matter but it matters in a long run! NewJeans’ biggest hits globally will slowly stop gaining big numbers and their releases this year will have even less streams than them!

I wouldn’t call that they are in downward trend if they have underperformed slightly but it was very drastic change! If you don’t believe that they are in a downward trajectory internationally then you are blind

Sit

:meme-noice:

Good to see they've survived the fandom cleanse. Always thought they'd be fine.

Hope they continue to see success and keep releasing great music.

Thank you for the kind words. I'm about to ruin that due to the success stan in your ranks, but I have nothing but love for aespa.

I've been saying it since your old pal rando was posting nonsense, they didn't really flop or decline much, it's just that were seeing everything spread across 4 underwhelming songs. Not bad, just underwhelming, Bubblegum is pretty great, How Sweet is catchy, and Supernatural has grown on me. Right Now is literally forgettable though. And even the fact that these songs are doing quite well, despite being underwhelming, should be at least some testament to NJs popularity.

Though idk who are you fighting atp lol, no one with a functioning brain could look at the numbers and not say NJs is on top. I don't think they gap their contemporaries in the same way that BP gaps theirs, but there is indeed a gap.

The fact I felt compelled to make this topic is evidence of how absolutely delusional the average Kpop stan is. When I go to reddit and drop facts, I'm shocked by how even actual fans aren't totally cognizant of how dominant NewJeans is. I've now had two posts on two different kpop subreddits that were smash hits, just from information I post here literally all the time about NewJeans.

NewJeans are so popular that their covers of old Japanese songs in their Japanese fanmeeting went viral enough to cause the original Japanese songs to chart in South Korea.

The **** does HYBE push have to do with that?

They were the only girl group invited to perform in front of the President, other elected officials and Olympic athletes and staff.

What does HYBE push have to do with that?

During the height of the ADOR/HYBE feud, they were chosen as the official ambassadors of Korean tourism? Maybe you heard about them.

External Content www.youtube.com

89 million views in just over a month.

Need I continue?

I know the exact reason you're in here trying to poke at nonexistent holes, so this is a soft warning. Unlike what I said earlier, I will leave your girls alone for now, but don't force my hand.

• It's quite hard to see a drop since Hybe "stopped" to support them

External Content x.com

External Content x.com

• the real metric is how much shampoo did they sell this year.

More than BLACKPINK

It's quite hard to see a drop since Hybe "stopped" to support them

External Content x.com

External Content x.com

No, no. You see, the numbers pre-HYBE "pulling support" being lower than the numbers post said support totally proves that NewJeans is inorganic and fraudulent.

:meme-go-on:

• More than BLACKPINK

No, no. You see, the numbers pre-HYBE "pulling support" being lower than the numbers post said support totally proves that NewJeans is inorganic and fraudulent.

:meme-go-on:

Without taking into account their circle index points from week 1 to 17, NJ would still have more points than any other gg :pepe-joy:

External Content x.com

External Content x.com

• Without taking into account their circle index points from week 1 to 17, NJ would still have more points than any other gg :pepe-joy:

External Content x.com

External Content x.com

Not Flop6 overtaking being the biggest BG in 2024 and even got more points than IU sunbaenim

:pepe-peek:

• Without taking into account their circle index points from week 1 to 17, NJ would still have more points than any other gg :pepe-joy:

External Content x.com

External Content x.com

Hold on. Wait a minute. But I was told they were carried by ARMY support and HYBE payola.

The math isn't mathing here :meme-confused:

Or maybe it was always just a bunch of cope from a bunch of jealous terminally online malcontents who were looking for any irrational explanation for NewJeans' utter dominance

:meme-cheers:

• It's really amazing yet unsurprising. Kpop fans who doubt Newjeans are up to a rude awakening.

And when they finally wake up, I will be the one there to greet them

External Content www.youtube.com

• This thread contains 6 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!