NewJeans is the FIRST Girl Group to Enter Melon with Jpop Songs

• External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

BunniesTaglist

Idk if they'll last but it's amazing regardless :nj-22:

BLɅϽKPIИKJESSICANEWJEANSSEJEONGTHE ROSETWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKA

d0be49590cd653400f491d4e92f0b5d82155e223.webp0686f56fbdf2b311900a9b1d35ebeb45486cbecf.webp67079a1df7aa8cb99ba773c7f5a82e1e36b586c7.webp

• External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This thread will not leave the first page for the rest of this month, and I'm sure NewJeans will keep doing enough for me to achievement spam here.

To the AKP forum goers who tried to eulogize NewJeans and declare their run as the unquestioned top girl group in K-Pop over, don't be shy. Keep that same energy while they continue to make history with their Japanese songs that they're not even physically in Korea to promote right now.

The songs aren't even 2 hours old yet and they've already done something BLACKPINK, Twice and even SNSD could never pull off in Korea.

External Content x.com

External Content x.com

• Blackpink have never release orginal japanese songs.

YG groups traditionally haven't done phenomenal in Japan regardless. Their concepts and music mix with the Japanese public's preferences about as well as oil and water.

This is also the part where I mention the fact Ditto is the third longest charting K-Pop song ever on Japan's Hot 100, and it's entirely in Korean/English.

• NewJeansCharts actually sold NewJeans short. Their songs are all ranking higher than that on the Daily Charts.

External Content x.com

And I'm going to very, very safely assume Supernatural and Right Now will rise.

So mark this down, Bunnies, antis, jealous girl group stans, guests and everyone in between.

NewJeans is about to have at least two songs from every album since their debut 2 years ago charting in the top 50 of the Melon Top 100.

No need to ask if that's ever been done before. We know the answer is a resounding HELL NO.

• It was already done

By NewJeans before they released the last two

• You make a very good point. NewJeans is breaking their own record and resetting the bar even higher.

I don't know when we'll ever see a group release 5 separate albums--digital singles, mini albums or otherwise--over a 2 year span and have title tracks from each album still charting in the top 50, and it's a song from their debut album in the top 20.

God. Damn.

• Find chill my friend michael-jackson-kinkytwt.gif

d0be49590cd653400f491d4e92f0b5d82155e223.webp0686f56fbdf2b311900a9b1d35ebeb45486cbecf.webp67079a1df7aa8cb99ba773c7f5a82e1e36b586c7.webp

• Find chill my friend michael-jackson-kinkytwt.gif

Not happening. I gave a very clear warning about my approach after the flood of anti-NJ shit posts the past month.

I will not seek violence, since it's your thread, but I will not exactly be peaceful either :meme-grumpy-cat:

I don't think the presence of English and Korean is impacting them negatively in Japan

External Content x.com

Right now, MHJ looking :pepe-big-brain:

• Every time I decide to leave K-Pop, newJeans has a comeback :holding-back-tears:

Honestly, without NJ, K-Pop would loose all its magic for me

I hope they NEVER disband

And if they do bc of MHJ greedy ass, I will fly to korea to personally beat her ass up

⋆.ೃ࿔˚⋆.ೃ࿔*:・⋆ ˚。⋆୨♡୧⋆ ˚。⋆⋆.ೃ࿔*:・⋆ ˚。⋆. we rise up above ⋆.ೃ࿔*:・⋆ ˚。⋆୨♡୧⋆ ˚。⋆⋆.ೃ࿔*:・⋆ ˚。⋆ ・⋆

・⋆ ˚。⋆୨♡୧⋆ ˚。⋆

• And if Hybe pulls their usual BS after the Tokyo Dome Bunnies Camp, the squad will roll up on them

Slow Mo Entrance GIF - Slow Mo Entrance Cool GIFs

• Doesn’t feel very much like Japanese song which was an excellent promo strategy. MHJ really knows what to do when.

Indeed very smart and intersting strategy :pepe-big-brain: . Watch others try to replicate that now. Mhjs a true trendsetter :pepe-mommy: .

Supernatural charted high for a jpn debut on melon because there was a cpnsequent amount of korean in it, which the japanese won't mind much.

• I consider SN to be a multi triangular song, like their Korean+English songs a biangular song like rest of the K-pop. It's easy, and since they marketed as Japanese debut, it's just that.

Da, da-da-da
    Da-da-da-da-da
    Da-da-da, da
    Act like an angel and dress like crazy
    Da, da-da-da
    Da-da-da-da-da
    Da-da-da, da

:dimdone:

• Iz*one actually managed to charted their Japanese ver songs on Melon back then.

External Content x.com

Tho some would say it's not technically the same Ig.

• Some people just want to consider this a kpop song so that they could put it down as underachieving in kcharts or they are angry that this song would overshadow their faves japanese releases.

• theqoo?

Yep

Both songs are blocked from charting on Bugs due to being categorized as Jpop label songs, so hopefully that prematurely kills any arguments to be had about that topic.

I predicted the future and still couldn't prevent this outcome

People. Stop ignoring facts to push a stupid narrative, especially when I linked a giant picture that shows there is significantly more Japanese than Korean in Right Now (same information to come for Supernatural).

Don't make your agenda so obvious and your reasons for not wanting these songs to be considered Japanese releases so transparent.

These two songs have been marketed as being for Japan, SN was performed IN Japan (they're not even promoting them in Korea yet), and there's Japanese lyrics all over the chorus for both songs.

Don't try it.

• Oh, Supernatural is already moving like a monster hit. It's ALREADY in the top 20 on MelOn.

A song that is primarily in English and Japanese, released on a Friday and being promoted in Japan debuted at 34 on MelOn and is blasting up the charts in Korea.

Uh oh. I know a certain demographic here is big nervous about the early signs of how much Korea already loves this song.

FlopJeans Era in full effect

• Oh, and don't think I forgot about all the idiotic doomposting about their album sales

External Content x.com

I. Warned. You. All.

Karma has no menu; you're served what you deserve.

There will be blood, once we get a clearer picture of their numbers, but if this is what we're seeing before even the half day mark and on a weekend, you may want to ghost this forum for a while :pepe-devil:

• bad album cover

• I literally don't know what will happen next. supernatural charting is totally unpredictable ?( .

From toping the charts to establishing a place in the top 10 or something else... Who knows :wellr: .

Right now having more japanese lyrics does impact it's charting tho and in both countries.

But I suspect gps thirst and love for njs is so big that they will overlook the japanese elements in Supernarural and even maybe accept it to some extent :happyr: .

• bad album cover

External Content x.com

It's already sold out in certain stores in the U.S. alone. People have been waiting for this specific album to drop for this design alone, fam.

Like I TOLD this forum a month ago when they were gloating about the sales not being as explosive for How Sweet (even though it was a double single and still had the highest first day sales of any girl group this year).

• Iz*one actually managed to charted their Japanese ver songs on Melon back then.

External Content x.com

Tho some would say it's not technically the same Ig.

At least their Japanese version of the songs have more Japanese lyrics in them that Koreans don't actually understand

But regardless I think it's still inpressive

• While I expected more from 'How Sweet' album sales, the sales from 'Supernatural' are MUCH better than I expected, especially since It was being sold simultaneously with 'How Sweet' and there's less than one month between both releases.

"I'll live the rest of my life as a villain who will make the whole world tremble with fear". – Chrollo

tenor.gif

• External Content x.com

It's already sold out in certain stores in the U.S. alone. People have been waiting for this specific album to drop for this design alone, fam.

Like I TOLD this forum a month ago when they were gloating about the sales not being as explosive for How Sweet (even though it was a double single and still had the highest first day sales of any girl group this year).

sorry i wasn't trying to input any other opinion than that the album cover looks bad to me

i don't really know much about album sales

pasted-from-clipboard.png <-- this thingy

• Some people just want to consider this a kpop song so that they could put it down as underachieving in kcharts or they are angry that this song would overshadow their faves japanese releases.

The typical sore losers are being sore losers. Who saw that coming ;judgingpepe:

• Let's see. We have two Onces upvoting a blatantly incorrect post, a Dive leaving a salty comment, an ILLIT stan trying to arbitrarily quantify how much Japanese a song released for Japan must have before being accepted as a song for Japan, and the Blinks will be MIA for the entire weekend.

Who could've seen this coming?

:meme-kek:

Facts: Korean is the language used the LEAST in both songs, and they're both about to be hits in Korea anyway, especially Supernatural.

:meme-smirk:

There is no full "Korean" version of either song coming either. Even CUPID needed that to chart well in Korea (and it still didn't have anywhere near the impact of the Twin version in the states).

• If it gets #1 on Melon and beats a five week song, then I'd be somewhat impressed, otherwise its just celebrating being the top ranking song with some Japanese in it.

• This thread contains 65 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!