Newjeans decline on spotify US is the worst thing that happened to a top girl group ever

• Well folks the day of reckoning is upon us and I'm so excited, let's start the feast with this one

Streams on spotify United States:

Super Shy: 682,916

New Jeans: 469,741

Hot Sweet: No entry

Bubblegum: No entry

The drop from their previous single is insane, and doing less streams than a bside too. Newjeans numbers on the US market was one of the main reasons newjeans was so dominant with respect other 4th gen girl groups, most of them were light years behind them there, and couldn't dream of charting on billboard hot 100 and charting so high on billboard global 200 like them, but all of that is now in danger. This decline of streams is insane, I predicted so many times this will happen but now that we are here I can't barely believe it.

The narrative from newjeans goofy success stans like yama is that there won't be any drop but with so much attention on them rn they would get a drop, the delusion was insane lol.

Also, this proves how newjeans spotify streams was the biggest fraudulent scheme on kpop history, if the world was more just bang shi hyuk, min hee jin, scooter braun and other hybe executives should be arrested by fraudulent manipulation of the charts, but we are not there yet, sadly.

• The scandal impact on the international side is much worse than I expected.

Looking at the Spotify charts, competition wise, it's brutal this year too.

largest-black-hole-ever-discovered-and-our-solar-system-v0-7f2732pvic8d1.jpeg?auto=webp&s=e8d9cc542df13a70453229571ef06c9b5942271a:meme-bonk:   :rolleyes:X/:facepalm: :meme-hiss:

Edited once, last by Wateris ().

• Now without hybe support we are witnessing newjeans slowly crumbling, the day is finally here :emotionalpepe:

They are still doing great in Korean charts, top 10 in all of them.

5.7 Million YouTube views in 1 day, I don't know how that compares with their previous comebacks.

• And their fans love to pretend Hybe didn't do payola for them lol

RM and NewJeans on the same day

The Payola budget for Spotify can only go so far.

:pepe-back-away:

• You should have waited tomorrow at least they might rise :swing-pepe: however now Yama will stop coming for BP, Nj isn’t on their level neither in Korea or internationally

Is fine, entering the chart is not the main issue, anything below 700k streams from them on spotify us is a debacle.

Edited once, last by alexS: User call out ().

• And their fans love to pretend Hybe didn't do payola for them lol

I wonder if Hybe fan bases even tuned in for the comeback after all their groups got dragged to mud especially with all the hates. The amount of impact and influence that Hybe casual listeners and stans has internationally probably big too.

How Sweet did 1.6m filtered streams, it should rise tomorrow. The song also had 27m playlist reach, and most Hybe groups don't get this amount in its first day.

The song isn't all that for it to do big numbers, but Bubble Gum didn't enter either.

largest-black-hole-ever-discovered-and-our-solar-system-v0-7f2732pvic8d1.jpeg?auto=webp&s=e8d9cc542df13a70453229571ef06c9b5942271a:meme-bonk:   :rolleyes:X/:facepalm: :meme-hiss:

Edited 2 times, last by Wateris ().

• Two reasons for this.

Hybe may have pulled the plug on all payola for NJ. Both domestic and international.

or

Hybe stans who streamed for NJ in the past are boycotting due to MHJ shade of every other group.

Also, all bigtime labels with money can and do payola. Looks like SM/Kakao are doing it for Aespa for the first time on Spotify with Supernatural/Armageddon.

• 'How Sweet' by NewJeans debuts at #118 on Global Spotify with 1.642M streams.

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• The scandal impact on the international side is much worse than I expected.

Looking at the Spotify charts, competition wise, it's brutal this year.

What are the chances they enter tomorrow since they didn't had full day tracking?

They will have 5 more hours and usually songs streams drop on weekends so they have that as an advantage, if newjeans had a strong fanbase support like armys they for sure would have strong possibilities.

• They did half of what RM did

• I don't think Hybe payola stops because their playlisting is still great and the autoplay will take effect tomorrow from what I heard.

The thing they lost is Hybe stans' support.

• Why do I need to run from Blinks? NewJeans crushed their digitals in Korea, and last year they put 5 songs on the Hot 100, scored a #1 album on the Billboard 200 while outselling Barbie, got invited to multiple major music programs in the U.S., and completed the most dominant single year in girl group history.

I think it's idiotic to start taking victory laps when we're still in the first inning of a nine inning competition.

The fact you trolls and jealous haters couldn't even wait a weekend before declaring NewJeans is over is absolutely hilarious to me.

You are desperate to see them fall, which means way more people needed to be more honest when they answered my poll from earlier this week about whether they wanted to see them fail or not.

He who laughs last laughs best. This thread is going to age just as poorly as OP's moronic threads about LSF's album sales, right before Twice saw a 40% drop in their sales.

I will continue lurking and waiting. Because we all know I'll be the one doing the victory laps when the competition is over.

• Honestly, I wouldn't have said anything but some of their fans were getting brave claiming they were the biggest gg globally when we know it's not even close (objectively speaking) they aren't even ahead of twice on the international either I mean, even on globlal trends they are behind blackpink and twice. To put it into context they didn't even made the top 10 list of the global act based on the Korean Mininstry of culture . Blackpink and twice did for example.

also important to mention even their other recent songs eta and cool with you peaked at 81 and 93 on billboard hot 100 and lasted one week.

just because they had good streams on spotify in their debut ( don't need to elaborate on this we know ) for a 4th gen gg and good charting in Korea doesn't mean they are they biggest gg lo a lot of their international popularity has been inflated but the obsession some of their had to surpass other group is real but I guess this is a reality check

• Also, this proves how newjeans spotify streams was the biggest fraudulent scheme on kpop history, if the world was more just bang shi hyuk, min hee jin, scooter braun and other hybe executives should be arrested by fraudulent manipulation of the charts, but we are not there yet, sadly.

You again with fraudulent. They are doing what other companies are doing too because it's legal.

Yesterday i made a thread about western artists hijacking my autoplay while listening to kpop. I don't use playlists (both Spotify and my own) and play songs as i go. I have autoplay enabled. I have never until yesterday gotten western artists recommended, it has always been kpop songs only. It happened three times. First it was a billie elish song, then same billi elish song and espresso (Sabrina something), and then another billie elish song. I don't even listen to them. I was confused as hell.

Spotify allows everyone to do that there's nothing fraudulent in it. Is spotify going to become YouTube with inflated streams? Yes, it is.

• 'How Sweet' did less streams than 'New Jeans' (1.8M).with 2.8M playlisting reach, 'ETA' (2.6M) with 1.8M playlisting reach, 'ASAP' (2.6M) and even 36-second song 'Get Up' (2.1M) with less than 1M. Following this logic, 'How Sweet', with more support should've debuted with more streams than the songs I mentioned and most of them being b-sides.

It's clear It has nothing to do with 'payola', but the reception of the song being 'mixed', since they depend on casuals' interest, other groups stans stopping supporting them and the comeback roll out being overshadowed by the current scandal involving their name and management.

• Honestly, I wouldn't say anything but some of their fans were getting brave claiming they were the biggest gg globally when we know it's not even close (objectively speaking) they aren't even ahead of twice on the international either I mean, even on globlal trends they are behind blackpink and twice. To put it into context they didn't even made the top 10 list of the global act based on the Korean Mininstry of culture . Blackpink and twice did for example.

also important to mention even their other recent songs eta and cool with you peaked at 81 and 93 on billboard hot 100 and lasted one week.

just because they had good streams on spotify in their debut ( don't need to elaborate on this we know ) for a 4th gen gg and good charting in Korea doesn't mean they are they biggest gg lo a lot of their international popularity has been inflated but the obsession some of their had to surpass other group is real but I guess this is a reality check

Correction.

Historic charting in Korea. Better than anything BP has done.

Historic streams globally for a group their age

Historic impact in Korea, sweeping daesangs and Gallup polls in a way not seen since SNSD

Currently on pace to be one of the most popular groups of all time, if Hybe doesn't sabotage them.

They're not even 2 years old and got you sweating buckets and panicking over every record they snatch and set.

Getting this dramatic when the song isn't even 2 days old is certainly a choice.

I'll just say that everyone talking shit better pray that the song doesn't rise. If it does, I will be the most insufferable presence on the Internet, and you're going to hate me a lot more.

BLACKPINK is over and Twice doesn't even chart anymore. Stop bringing them up.

• now you are starting to say SM did payola. do you really have receipts/facts for this ? and how do you know SM or Kakao (whatever) did payola for the first time ?

this is the second time i saw your post about SM/Kakao doing payola for Aespa. and you are the only one saying about this in this forum.

• You again with fraudulent. They are doing what other companies are doing too because it's legal.

Yesterday i made a thread about western artists hijacking my autoplay while listening to kpop. I don't use playlists (both Spotify and my own) and play songs as i go. I have autoplay enabled. I have never until yesterday gotten western artists recommend, it has always been kpop songs only. It happened three times. First it was a billie elish song, then same billi elish song and espresso (Sabrina something), and then another billie elish song. I don't even listen to them. I was confused as hell.

Spotify allows everyone to do that there's nothing fraudulent in it. Is spotify going to become YouTube with inflated streams? Yes, it is.

Guess what, that's not only the fraudulent part, even if the fraud gets legally approved by spotify itself with the autoplay in return from getting less revenue, the whole today's top hits and playlisting reach is also part of it and we have scooter braun admitting it my guy, those are facts

Exat43KWEAEtD8a.jpg

• Being delulu is solulu

• Spotify allows everyone to do that there's nothing fraudulent in it. Is spotify going to become YouTube with inflated streams? Yes, it is.

Not all autoplay is normal. Spotify has one they call discovery mode where they push a song and in return you get less streaming income.

The normal autoplay is usually the one you get similar songs from the same genre playing after each other, and not one repeating track

• Being delulu is solulu

Anticipate their first group comeback since contract renewals in 2026.

And I'll laugh at how you Blinks will continue to call them the top girl group in K-Pop during that absence.

Before they go on another 3 year hiatus minimum

:meme-kek:

• Blackpink will survive that hiatus again as they always did, can't say the same about nj tho

• This thread **could** age very poorly next week. The narrative will switch from flop to “hybe payola” real quick.

I still believe they can rise, despite the shitty role out.

:pepe-devil:

• now you are starting to say SM did payola. do you really have receipts/facts for this ? and how do you know SM or Kakao (whatever) did payola for the first time ?

this is the second time i saw your post about SM/Kakao doing payola for Aespa. and you are the only one saying about this in this forum.

I'm making a well educated guess. I understand why Aespa remains strong in Korea, Karina is fighting tooth and nail with Wonyoung for It Girl title there.

But massive increases in Spotify for no reason at all? Like if Drama was a viral hit on Spotify, i could understand the next single getting a big boost with folks eager to listen to the followup. But i dont think this happened.

And to be clear, i'm not blaming SM/Kakao for this. In this day and age, you HAVE to do payola to thrive. That's why you rarely see any non Big 3 artist in the US blow up and remain up. Everyone in the US is under Sony, Warner, and UMG. Just like the biggies in Korea are SM/Kakao, Hybe, YG and JYP.

• I hope they do 4M tomorrow because some of you are way to quick at jumping at conclusion

So then we can all comeback to this thread and embarass you for speaking too fast

4m from 1.6 is too much fjfjfjf

The song could rise to 2m tomorrow and after that it could keep rising bc most kpop songs that debut in Spotify global rise the following days and remain stable

Like people said, it just been a day

Relax

• I'm making a well educated guess. I understand why Aespa remains strong in Korea, Karina is fighting tooth and nail with Wonyoung for It Girl title there.

But massive increases in Spotify for no reason at all? Like if Drama was a viral hit on Spotify, i could understand the next single getting a big boost with folks eager to listen to the followup. But i dont think this happened.

And to be clear, i'm not blaming SM/Kakao for this. In this day and age, you HAVE to do payola to thrive. That's why you rarely see any non Big 3 artist in the US blow up and remain up. Everyone in the US is under Sony, Warner, and UMG. Just like the biggies in Korea are SM/Kakao, Hybe, YG and JYP.

Aespa is in the discovery thingy of Spotify (same as magnetic and sheesh)

Their streams also come from sea, like baemon (one of the reasons bp charts so high) that make for their consistency considering they have no footing in the USA

What bring nj low numbers this time compared to other it's their USA numbers, that smth they have over other ggs (except illit)

• This thread contains 1,102 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!