Aespa's Armageddon sounds like a disappointment

• Highlight medley is out and I think their first album is very subpar. Songs in Chill Kill album are better than any of these.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I like it till track 5. It's very aespa. There is a complete change of vibe after Licorice. I did like prologue's sound.

Also snippets can be very deceiving. Many times the ones i didn't like i end up enjoying most.

ღ(¯`◕‿◕´¯) ♫ ♪ ♫ 𝓘𝓤 ♫ ♪ ♫ (¯`◕‿◕´¯)ღ

65b3f1e1aa73672380893c10179e44effda46d21.gifv GOWdueMbkAAKzP3?format=jpg&name=large5e73593750e04f5fa6e1f86f54a6bd87d896fe84.gifvGOWd9tQagAABT9E?format=jpg&name=large5e73593750e04f5fa6e1f86f54a6bd87d896fe84.gifvGOWdubybsAADHPT?format=jpg&name=large 65b3f1e1aa73672380893c10179e44effda46d21.gifv

• Idk... I need to hear the full tracks. First half of the album sounds great.

Supernova is a certified banger. I love it already

I am glad that you like it. We should have known that this album was made in a rush. A full album for Aespa was not even on SM's plan last year.

SM is planning to debut a new girl group at the end of this year. If this group has great songs, then it will be the end for Aespa.

• 11 songs is overkill, and Supernova doesn't sound all that great.

Let's hope Armgn is better, similar to Drama.

This year releases been disappointment, and I fear we're moving from 4th gen soon.

• 11 songs is overkill, and Supernova doesn't sound all that great.

Let's hope Armgn is better, similar to Drama.

This year releases been disappointment, and I fear we're moving from 4th gen soon.

Well, i am not buying an album if i only like one song in it, and I am not moving anywhere. I will only listen to songs from 4th gen and above or leave kpop entirely.

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I'm not sure what I expected from their full album but this is different. Like atropos said, after track 5 it deviates in sound. My quick thoughts are that Prologue has a similar melody to Dangerously by Charlie Puth (not the same, just a very similar melody in the instrumental to the chorus of Dangerously), Live My Life is something I'd expect to hear in a movie about a girl not like other girls (A Debbie Ryan movie to be specific), and Melody sounds like an OST (edit: Supernova sounds just ok and Bahamas feels similar in vibe to Better Things). Currently, I like Mine the most, but the full tracks might be different as snippets aren't always accurate to what the song will bring.

I'm curious what the title track will sound like now, as the album as a whole seems like a mixed bag.

• I feel the exact same way, why have all of their albums minus Savage and slightly Spicy have this issue of being in-cohesive. Their albums always include an unnecessary ballad, or some generic slow paced song. I was assuming the vibe of this album would be dance pop, or hyper-pop, but theirs ballads included.

Armageddon sounds okay, but since its only a snippet I'll reserve my judgement. One of the songs remind of of the Beyonce song where she dances like a bee LOL. Mine sounds like a complete banger though, its like the only snippet I enjoyed. Shouldn't SM be able to properly pick demos that match the albums sound or their concept. Maybe it is harder to pick songs for Aespa due to their sound.

And you just reminded me of how good Red Velvets first album was, let me go and listen to it real quick.

One thing that has gone well in this comeback is on the packaging, because Drama missed the mark on packaging and SM had the nerve to have multiple lackluster versions. This concepts I feel would've looked amazing with the Better Things styling. NGL I wish they saved the Better Things concept photos for this comeback , but their will be more teasers pics I hope.

Chill Kill's packaging was some of the best in Kpop history, Red Velvets concept photos will always slay.

• I don't even know what SM's plan for Aespa. They already have the blueprint. Savage album is just right there. Or this is another plan from them so when the time they debut their new gg, most of company stans will move to the new fandom.

Savage is one the best mini-albums of all time, their albums should be getting better each time ;(

• Before saying anything I would rather wait for the full tracks. It already happened that a really good teaser/medley made me disappointed hearing the full song and viceversa.

L'amor che move il sole e l'altre stelle (Paradiso, XXXIII, v. 145)
    ---
    Divina Commedia - Dante Alighieri

• as aespa is pretty much the only gg i like to hear, it sounds fine, just sounds like a normal big album, mixture of upbeat, slow, bright etc songs. sometimes the teasers don't really give you the full song experience and once you listen to it, it's better then you thought. i listened to a couple highlight medleys of bg's going ooh i'm not sure about this and then the song is a banger.

• I should wait for the full songs but im sitting here wondering where are the cute vibes???? Songs like yeppi yeppi and lingo?? This is so hip hoppy do the girls even sing in this album or just rap

• Call me delusional but this is already AOTY :woow: I’m so excited!

Supernova has me moving :!:

External Content twitter.com

• Karina said we will faint listening to Armageddon ;(

• Karina said we will faint listening to Armageddon ;(

she needs to leak the song, i wanna die because of it

• I should wait for the full songs but im sitting here wondering where are the cute vibes???? Songs like yeppi yeppi and lingo?? This is so hip hoppy do the girls even sing in this album or just rap

I was waiting for songs like Illusion, Salty and Sweet, Iconic, Trick or trick, Welcome to my world, Die trying and I'll make you cry. Snippets in the highlight medley are so bland for my Kwangya ears. :drinktears:

• The last 2 songs seemed ok but you can't really tell.

Illit did so well because their highlight teaser was awesome. Every song seemed like a hit. In hindsight, is was only Magnetic that was a very good song, and the rest sample the best 10 seconds of the song. But this shows how important the highlight teaser is, and Aespa's is meh.

Edited once, last by K-PL ().

• To all the people above, im pretty sure most full albums out there will have a diversified genre. There wont be a full album of 10tracks plus with the same kind of melody. People will get bored over it. That's exactly what happened with TTPD where people said the 31 songs sound the same... and then we also have people that dragged Blackpink for having all songs with similar genre. So what you all want? Same kind of song or No?

Savage album was diversified, it has the typical Aespa-core songs like Savage, Aenergy, Iconic and I'll Make You Cry. It also has upbeat fun one like Yeppi2 and a slower song like Lucid Dream. MY World had a good variety also with ballad + upbeat songs. So im totally not getting why people judging a full album by highlight medleys.

Aespa has been doing upbeat tracks like track 6 and below in past 2 mini albums (which was supposed to be ae1). It is already part of their sound so Ae1 will definitely continue from there

• To all the people above, im pretty sure most full albums out there will have a diversified genre. There wont be a full album of 10tracks plus with the same kind of melody. People will get bored over it. That's exactly what happened with TTPD where people said the 31 songs sound the same... and then we also have people that dragged Blackpink for having all songs with similar genre. So what you all want? Same kind of song or No?

Savage album was diversified, it has the typical Aespa-core songs like Savage, Aenergy, Iconic and I'll Make You Cry. It also has upbeat fun one like Yeppi2 and a slower song like Lucid Dream. MY World had a good variety also with ballad + upbeat songs. So im totally not getting why people judging a full album by highlight medleys.

Aespa has been doing upbeat tracks like track 6 and below in past 2 mini albums (which was supposed to be ae1). It is already part of their sound so Ae1 will definitely continue from there

Taylor has 31 songs vs Aespa 10 it’s really not the same. You’re putting two extreme example. Folkore has the same vibe through the album but it’s one of her most acclaimed work.

The album was good but it’s true born pink was half assed and yes they just reused the same beats.

The thing with this album it’s just you can basically split the album. Savage had different genres but it’s body of work overall.

• This thread contains 11 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!