Posts by SerendipitousYun

I feel like it's just a bit of a competitive time for a comeback, but even so, that shouldn't matter if you look at their track record.

This song is similar to Baddie in the sense that it deviates from the songs you typically associate with them and I think that may be the biggest reason for the results they're seeing. It sucks b/c a group should be able to explore and expand their sound, but it's not like similar things haven't happened with other groups (the Itzy switch up to this day still blows me away).

Illit member account following nj anti. It's trending on Korean forums

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

someone forgot to log into their burner it seems. place your bets on who it was (I'm going with one of the teenagers or an intern that's absolutely getting fired)

This is your weekly reminder that most of AKP was dogpiling on me when I said ILLIT and NJ weren't that similar, and the reaction was even worse on Reddit.

Yet suddenly MHJ is hellspawn when she claims they copied and pasted NewJeans

This sad attempt at gaslighting is hilarious:meme-kek:

I can't speak for the other subs but I will say that it's been proven that r/kpop_uncensored's mods have ties to ethnonationalist hate subs so it's never surprising when you go there and it's just an echo chamber.

edit: YamaChwan here's the link about it from 6 months ago. The sad thing is that the sub actually grew after this came to light.

can hybe acquire sm again so they are also dragged into this mess cause i'm a messy bitch like that

I will personally fly to Korea and light Hybe and dispatch on fire myself if any SM group gets involved. There is enough going on over there without them being dragged into this.

Honestly it becomes clearer the longer this goes on that both sides are not really ideal for the girl's best interest. Granted I won't say that's unique to them as the music industry (the entertainment industry as a whole really) worldwide thrives with exploitation of people too young or inexperienced to see the writing on the wall. But it's quite sad all the same. I can't sit here and say they'll have a good future at hybe b/c that doesn't seem likely, but I can't say any different about staying with MHJ either. It's basically just devolving into picking the least shitty side and hoping for the best in the future.

I saw that their parents got the girls an entertainment lawyer and the petition was filed on their behalf by the lawyer before the injuction hearing started (link), so it's nice that they have a way to make their voices heard if nothing else

Anyways I've got brunch to get to so hopefully this doesn't end up at 200 pages in the next 6 hours 😭

Honestly it's sad they even feel the need to speak up. Then again, this should've all been handled quietly. I do wonder if they're support with help strengthen MHJ's case for this injuction (though can't say for sure as there'd have to be something in it to strengthen the case that firing her is not just and proper).

Sorry to say this but NJ and their parents are really dislikeable in this case. Their complaints about Illit, how their biggest boss didn't say hi to their kids, how they can't survive without Min Hee Jin etc... And again it's amazed me how dumb Knetz is. Waiting for the day the court put their god mother in jail and they can leave with her after paying the penalty.

Calling knetz dumb for siding with MHJ is needlessly disparaging. They have a more comprehensive perspective and cultural difference that influence how they view the issue (though I don't think anyone in the states would support a corporation over an individual if you look at cases like taylor swift when she was trying to get her masters back), and honestly I feel like the anger from njwns/mhj/parents is not that mystifying at all. I have an issue with people targeting the members of the Illit as they're just doing their job, but being upset that a group very similar to you with multiple instances of copying you is debuting under the same label when you're not even 3 years into your career is a valid frustration.

Ok I caught up on my lunch break. I have to say that this devolved so quickly to people just being stans for billionaires. You can have an opinion and side of course, but that's very different from staunchly defending either party when both are shaping up to be shitty individuals who may not have njwns best interest at heart.

Also is this injunction a criminal hearing? I thought the whole point was MHJ asking that Hybe be blocked from voting to fire her. Does anyone have updates from the court hearing?

The popularity of ILLIT is payola of pure water. R U next had very low ratings and few people even knew about this group, nevertheless, during the first knocks of their debut they set a record on Spotify, and such that only some with a huge fandom have something similar. And this company accuses someone of something, it’s like a rapist will accuse a thief of stealing something. :pepe-joy:

Not sure how to say this politely, but reading comprehension is not present in this statement. The person you're quoting isn't even saying their success is organic, the point was that they should be enjoying their debut but instead have been dragged into this issue and are the target of hate that isn't deserved. Then again, maybe you understood, but decided it was more fun to just be needlessly hateful and incognizant towards their point..

they're basically deciding if hybe can go ahead and fire her. mhj will for sure countersue hybe for wrongfull termination

This is a super summed-up version based on what I could glean of their labor laws, but if she is fired and sues Hybe for wrongful termination, she'll have to prove there was no just cause, which would drag this out further and go back to their whole case of attempting to leak information (or whatever they're claiming atp). If she can prove it though, she'd be reinstated and given back pay for however long she was fired.

Ok, back to work :meme-hide-the-pain:

I understand it's from a yt channel, but how did they get those texts? Did they hack her phone and if so how can we be sure? Maybe i missed that part, but it's hard to take the messages as valid evidence without knowing how they fell into the yters hand.

Anyways this was interesting, but I've got work :exit-pepe:

Praying I don't come back to 130 pages

atp you guys can just ask yourself "would pjw/mhj apply to this job?" before applying and you'll apply to everything with unwavering confidence.

I don't get one thing

She has the intelligence to plan this but not to read her contract :pepe-shame:

This is just my opinion, but she either ignored any legal advice from her attourney or had no attourney and just signed it after a read-through. It seems clear that she wanted her own label and people often sign contracts without caring bout the fine terms when they're too focused on the immediate.

It was short sighted of her b/c she'll have to negotiate the non-compete down to a year (the max enforcable time in korea) if she leaves.

Screenshot_2024-05-17-13-47-27-58_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg

Screenshot_2024-05-17-13-48-27-94.jpg

now its pretty much guaranteed that there's no way newjeans members would be staying at hybe is mhj is removed

This is without a doubt leaning towards the worst case scenario, and I wanna know who allowed them to say a word. That's not to shit on their freedom of speech, but them speaking up on their own removes all plausible deniability on where they stand.

Someday that'll be me I hope :pepe-onions:

If you don't mind my asking, what field do you practice

It WILL be you. I'm not sure what year you're in, but if you're going for competitive law schools lsat+gpa is what you'll wanna focus on, and then make sure to apply to schools early and have good rec letters. I get the nerves though as I cried all of my senior year in undergrad lol.

And I'm an IP attourney! It's not too bad and it's a pretty in demand field that pays well so I like it, and you only have to take one additional test after the bar (uspto). Don't do immigration or public defender unless you're truly passionate about those fields b/c the pay is not enough and debt is real (you'll always have a job in those fields though).

edit: The LSAT subreddit is a good resource for finding advice of prep materials and general info. I used 7sage but everyone is different. Also sorry for the delay but I wanted to make sure my response was thoughtful, and I was eating dinner.

I have to say that 45 pages in 3 days is impressive. It almost makes me sad I missed it unfold (unfortunately vacation is over and it's back to to the misery of billable hours ;( )

Why are you manifesting drug scandals? That would put us in yge territory :pepe-shoooketh:

No company will likely ever be as bad as YGE when it comes to drug scandals. At one point I stg you could blink and some idol under YG was having a drug scandal and YG's response was "hmm". Either way I'm also manifesting either a drug scandal or dispatch leaking that MHJ and BSH were secretly a couple and this is just a giant lover's spat. :meme-waiting: