Le sserrafim's Yunjin embroiled in Starbucks controversy

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content x.com

External Content x.com

External Content twitter.com

• those people are mentally ill

• Honestly she deserves to be dragged for it. So many idols were dragged already so she knew.

Also in SK, there are so many small business actually selling good coffee she could support yet she chose to go for that overpriced tasteless “coffee” brand… just because it’s trendy in SK. Her haters will have a field day and she had it coming.

• Honestly she deserves to be dragged for it. So many idols were dragged already so she knew.

Also in SK, there are so many small business actually selling good coffee she could support yet she chose to go for that overpriced tasteless “coffee” brand… just because it’s trendy in SK.

Reminds me of how there was this half Palestinian woman from my country who was drinking my country's soda brand instead of Pepsi and Coca Cola, because she was boycotting both of these brands.

• So....... those keyboard idiots were affected somehow and became butt hurt on behalf of someone else. :facepalm:

External Content www.youtube.com

Correction: Title should be 'Peter Griffin's Deep Sigh' because it sounds better.

• Free Palestine

The Starbucks boycott is largely dumb because people are misinformed. Starbucks should be boycotted for A LOT of reasons but drinking that stuff doesn't fund, support or make you an enabling Zionist. It doesn't. And I've already explained why I have so many issues with the Starbucks boycott taking center when it's the definition of an empty gesture

And Yunjin is incredibly dumb for getting caught with it this late in. She's friends with Somi and performative kpop stans are still using that girl as a punching bag. Le Sserafim is a Western focused girl group and Jen is the only one actually from the west (and the most popular one over here). Being somewhat more aware of the biggest global issue going on right now is not a lot to ask

Complex is over-rated, Ill go up higher and shine brighter than anyone else

BLACKPINKJESSICANEWJEANSSEJEONGTHE ROSETWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKATHE VOLUNTEERS

ee868cb541261094eb3c49077579820d9d2684ef.gifv259551f29b1b419b0910ccd1ffe7a59b3ca03dbb.gifv9179a574e42e68a00c37635d5151fe4ebba30003.gifv9fbbfdae9fd592cc7858e29f534e290375563da9.gifv

• not this bullshit again :pepefacepalm:

the so called Starbucks in Korea

is owned by E-Mart and GIC

E-mart is part of Shinsegae group the chaebol conglomerate in Korea

E-mart is largest shareholder of Starbucks Korea they have 67,5% of all shares

GIC has remaining shares and it's Singaporean based company

Korea is also the only other country besides the US to have its own design team for Starbucks

overall it means this is basically totally different company

which just shares the logo and maybe some recipe with the Starbucks you know and have in your country

External Content www.youtube.com

• dude, barbarians don't use any logic. Like, they did a massacre of a trance party thinking they are doing something good. You overestimated their IQ abilities

• I think the boycott is stupid but if Starbucks really was funding Israel, this means nothing. They still pay licensing and trademark fees and likely some portion of their revenue

ee868cb541261094eb3c49077579820d9d2684ef.gifv259551f29b1b419b0910ccd1ffe7a59b3ca03dbb.gifv9179a574e42e68a00c37635d5151fe4ebba30003.gifv9fbbfdae9fd592cc7858e29f534e290375563da9.gifv

• i said this before when people were stupidly dragging somi but she's just drinking starbucks. she's not actually making a statement and a lot of people don't follow boycotts on twitter. I guarantee you, a bunch of these idiots are still watching disney, use amazon to order shit, wear puma shoes, order from dominos, etc.

You can't completely avoid it. Dragging someone over this is asinine and does nothing to support the issue aside from pretending you're morally superior

• lol... fandom cleansing time. Or maybe these people are not even fans! Maybe she should take pictures of her fridge contents to let the pro Hamas fans screen and approve??Plus her electronics? Clothes, shoes, contacts etc Did you give birth to her or own her?

• Shouldn't we boycott the entire USA instead because they seem to be 10000x more guilty than .... whatever people are hating Starbucks for

These 'fans' probably thought a Korean singer is a soft target to harass and bully into apologizing for drinking the coffee ... plus will give more publicity to their 'cause'. Especially so when other girl groups stans will pile in to hate.

• Reminds me of how there was this half Palestinian woman from my country who was drinking my country's soda brand instead of Pepsi and Coca Cola, because she was boycotting both of these brands.

It would require zero effort for her to follow this boycott. On every corner in Seoul, you can find small cafés selling very good coffee.

This is when you can really see how idols are not only fake but they are dumb too. Supporting a small business would have been good for image too but she’s just like all of them, following what’s trendy in SK.

• It would require zero effort for her to follow this boycott. On every corner in Seoul, you can find small cafés selling very good coffee.

This is when you can really see how idols are not only fake but they are dumb too. Supporting a small business would have been good for image too but she’s just like all of them, following what’s trendy in SK.

Are you her coffee police? She has a right drink her coffee. Why do you feel entitled to control her coffee drinking?

• If I were the CEO of Hybe, being the CEO of the company obsessed with global success, the first thing I'd do would be to educate my idols on the global issues.

If they start losing money about things like that they will. But right now, they don’t care.

• If I were the CEO of Hybe, being the CEO of the company obsessed with global success, the first thing I'd do would be to educate my idols on the global issues.

A lot of CEOs and investors of major American companies are Jewish, including those they work with. Why would HYBE or any rational business appease nobodies on Twitter over them?

• A lot of CEOs and investors of major American companies are Jewish, including those they work with. Why would HYBE or any rational business appease nobodies on Twitter over them?

Their pockets are filled by Asians not Americans, and most of them are pro Palestinians. Hybe is just hurting their sentiments by collaborating with pro zionists and not educating their new idols. Once they decide to unstan it's over for them. And I wasn't just referring to the current genocide.

• Kpop Idols being out of touch isn’t new, some of these idols still keep and doing cultural appropriation and being ignorant and whenever they got called out they get shield by their fans because poor baby idols they don’t anything about the world, also the people saying the people who are saying here in the replies that the boycott does nothing or that Strabucks is owned mainly buy Korea you’re out of touch and ignorant just like these idols

• Their pockets are filled by Asians not Americans, and most of them are pro Palestinians. Hybe is just hurting their sentiments by collaborating with pro zionists and not educating their new idols. Once they decide to unstan it's over for them. And I wasn't just referring to the current genocide.

It’s just a Twitter thing. The average person may feel sorry for Palestinians but they are still going to Starbucks. And most rich East Asian countries side more with Israel than Palestine except China.

• Free Palestine

The Starbucks boycott is largely dumb because people are misinformed. Starbucks should be boycotted for A LOT of reasons but drinking that stuff doesn't fund, support or make you an enabling Zionist. It doesn't. And I've already explained why I have so many issues with the Starbucks boycott taking center when it's the definition of an empty gesture

And Yunjin is incredibly dumb for getting caught with it this late in. She's friends with Somi and performative kpop stans are still using that girl as a punching bag. Le Sserafim is a Western focused girl group and Jen is the only one actually from the west (and the most popular one over here). Being somewhat more aware of the biggest global issue going on right now is not a lot to ask

Do you think it's a problem that ppl want to boycott Starbucks? Why do u care about a corporation that sued their own workers that took a pro-palestine stance?

Also lol about calling kpop stans performative when yunjin is the only one that look performative all the time. That thing abt her reading and highlighting a feminist book on camera was screaming performative lmao.

No such thing as getting caught, like ppl said out of all coffee shops her picking starbucks says a lot. Although i do think starbucks is paying idols to drink their stuff bc of the boycott. Bc they know kpop fans will always defend them

These 'fans' probably thought a Korean singer is a soft target to harass and bully into apologizing for drinking the coffee ... plus will give more publicity to their 'cause'. Especially so when other girl groups stans will pile in to hate.

Dude not even TIMOTHEE CHALAMET got unscathered for drinking starbucks, he lost almost all of his fandom and he is way bigger than yunjin.

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

• Do you think it's a problem that ppl want to boycott Starbucks? Why do u care about a corporation that sued their own workers that took a pro-palestine stance?

It has nothing to do with them being pro-palestine that got them sued.

It's trademark infringement, something Starbucks sues or threatens to do to dozens of companies every year for any conceivable reason.

The union was in the wrong. Even if their intentions were good, they broke their legal agreement plain and simple.

Also lol about calling kpop stans performative when yunjin is the only one that look performative all the time. That thing abt her reading and highlighting a feminist book on camera was screaming performative lmao.

Wow, what a great response that ignores literally everything I said and means nothing to me.

• I personally think she shoot herself in the foot

Yunjin have been very vocal about "wanting to change the industry"

but since this she just have reproduce the same mistakes that all kpop idols do

a lot of kpop fans were already rubbed the wrong way when she say this

and i think if she didn't sounded like she's more woke than other idols

most of Kpop fans wouldn't have any real expectations for her like they do for other kpop idols

that's why i personally think she shoot herself in the foot with this one because now everybody is going at look at her and have higher expectations for her behaviour than they have for other idols

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from Chill Kill #aespa from Chill Kill

• Shouldn't we boycott the entire USA instead because they seem to be 10000x more guilty than .... whatever people are hating Starbucks for

If we thought about that no boycott would ever work, no corporation would be afraid of being nasty if there was no backlash. Justifying lack of boycott bc something else sucks just as bad is a very defeatist mindset. It's fine if you don't support or think it sucks, but that doesn't mean other ppl are wrong for boycotting based on their principles either.

JCsIq3Q.gif

• It has nothing to do with them being pro-palestine that got them sued.

It's trademark infringement, something Starbucks sues or threatens to do to dozens of companies every year for any conceivable reason.

The union was in the wrong. Even if their intentions were good, they broke their legal agreement plain and simple.

Wow, what a great response that ignores literally everything I said and means nothing to me.

They sued bc the workers saying "free palestine" was considered support of terrorism and violence. That says enough

JCsIq3Q.gif

• Like WTF is this excuse -_-

it's not because you are friends with someone that you have to like every post by them especially if you doesn't agree with the post

Oh trust me this is not an excuse its called stating facts but since you cannot understand that every Army is not a company stan like you are, you automatically presume the worst.

Not fan a of this group and in fact am super pissed at the double standards of some multi whatever their fandom is called Armys ...I am very impressed how their fandom buried it under the rug for so long given they knew of this since October, while some multi Armys from their fandom keep attacking BTS members for nothing at all and here a member of this group is family friends with a zionist and has her sister endorsing the zionism by liking a zionist's posts, but its been buried nice and deep.

• They sued bc the workers saying "free palestine" was considered support of terrorism and violence. That says enough

They sued because the union made a political statement while representing Starbucks logos and branding. Which is something they are legally not allowed to do

• This thread contains 47 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!