Was One Spark too little too late?

• It is not thei greatest song but it is certainly the best in the last few years, it at least has some replay value. And it ain't making any waves :pepe-shrug:

Seems like just fine ain't enough, they need a true hit to get people talking about it.

• They might need a viral moment outside of music to bring back the spark for the group. I already told you they aren't trendy anymore and all they need to do is become trendy again and watch how even them burping for three minutes straight will become viral because of them.

• I think as a generation, the soundscape has changed and evolved, as music always do.

Twices iconic pop sound just doesn't fare well in today's environment so Twices fan will become more "niche" as time goes by. It's like trying to keep emo rock popular in the 90s alive.

There will always be an audience for it but it's just not going to be the mainstream genre.

Also not exactly relevant but One Spark was supposed to be on a previous album they said

Kpop is also very cyclical. In Twices time, we've seen kpop go from cute (which Twice timed into the market perfectly) to girl crush, and now to mellow music.

• Nah, just a bunch of factors, i got you being a bad choice of a pre release being the biggest one, pre releases are already bad by themselves since they kill some of the hype of the title track even if the pre release is good or astounding, but if it is lackluster that's just fatal. Huge lack of promo, bad marketing tactics, no effort at all from jyp, the fandom is really unsatisfied and twice don't caught the attention outside the fandom.

I also want to personally rant about the recent concepts, do people at division 3 think they need to give twice non colorful clothes to do mature concepts? I'm so tired, is just black, white and brown outfits all the fucking time. They think they have to use warm tones and dull color palette to do mature concepts? There is barely anything visually pleasing in recent twice music videos, totally the opposite of the feels and pop, the two biggest hits of the group recently... I swear they must be the only people that don't understand you can do mature concepts with bright and colorful clothes... just very incompetent people behind the group at all levels, like we are lucky twice is big enough to still doing these numbers with all this crap.

• The concept also doesn't help on a broader scale.

I know you've complained about the friendship concept and there's some truth to it. This works well with fans because fans know and understand the hardship the group goes through but casuals really don't care about how close Twice is so the really limits the audience.

• I also want to personally rant about the recent concepts, do people at division 3 think they need to give twice non colorful clothes to do mature concepts? I'm so tired, is just black, white and brown outfits all the fucking time. They think they have to use warm tones and dull color palette to do mature concepts? There is barely anything visually pleasing in recent twice music videos, totally the opposite of the feels and pop, the two biggest hits of the group recently... I swear they must be the only people that don't understand you can do mature concepts with bright and colorful clothes... just very incompetent people behind the group at all levels, like we are lucky twice is big enough to still doing these numbers with all this crap.

yeah i completely agree with this i absolutely hate how they give them such awful outfits!

even in hare hare where the song sounded more up beat they gave them some awful brown clothes and it was so dumb

they honestly just need to do more feel special type songs that are both colorful and elegant

• yeah i completely agree with this i absolutely hate how they give them such awful outfits!

even in hare hare where the song sounded more up beat they gave them some awful brown clothes and it was so dumb

they honestly just need to do more feel special type songs that are both colorful and elegant

100% spot on bro, ugly brown outfits with a color palette without color for a summer comeback makes no damn sense, something needs to change or this will turn worse

• Well they've past their peak and new kpop fans aren't looking at them, and their music had gone downhill, so yeah, I do think this comeback was a little too late, JYP should have gave them a song like this ages ago before fans deemed them flops.

✰ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 🌷🌷🌷♡ ♡ ♡🌷🌷🌷 ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✰

c84b43c6d23bf4bc277ebcd8e1c37de5.jpgStory pin image

• Heyyy! Trends come around every 20 years or so, just stick around!

• Maybe they need to just release catchy English songs, since most of their fans are outside Korea now.

They got 1.2 million more streams only 3 weeks ago with their English release, and that song was super mid.

It is actually surprising how well JPY Entertainment girl groups are doing, when all they get are mid songs. Imagine if they actually got good songs.

• Nah, if it came out in 2021/22, it would have performed like TTT internationally and AF in Korea at best. Not big numbers.

From MS to One Spark, every Twice comeback has seen a decline in streams/views. Its time to admit their time is over and even the fandom isn't tuning in now.

loml

• You get me should have been the TItle Track, One spark is ok, but you get me is much better.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Nah, if it came out in 2021/22, it would have performed like TTT internationally and AF in Korea at best. Not big numbers.

From MS to One Spark, every Twice comeback has seen a decline in streams/views. Its time to admit their time is over and even the fandom isn't tuning in now.

It's time for you to stop the charade and remove the Twice badge.

• What charade, I have been here long before you and became a fan of Twice in 2017. I don't need a user who joined 2 months telling me what to do

There's literally nothing wrong with saying their time is over cuz it is. The numbers show that. Grow up.

Stop pretending you're a fan when you're really a hater. I've seen it over several posts now. I couldn't care less how long you've been here. You think that makes you special or something? You want a cookie?

• :boompepe:

Even Twice antis will say I am a Twice fan lmfao but sure jan, you can continue living in your delulu land where Twice aren't declining and I am a hater

Nah, you live in the same "delulu land" as Dreamer. Population 2. I'm not even an "anti" and I'm saying you're a hater. Using your logic I guess that makes it true, Marcia.

• The same useless conversation we have every time Twice comesback.

We literally did not have this conversation. Like ever. Previously we knew that the songs are just mid so conversation was just about that. Now the song is actually okay and has a potential. Get your head out of your ass.

• I have been told that people are giving out free cookies here.

• i think it shouldve been released for their 10th anniversary. it feels like something a group would drop before a hiatus (forever 1 vibes, well idk how long snsds hiatus will be but assume itll be long) as much as i like the song, i dont think that type of music is popular atm. especially the friendship galpal vibe they have going on, would resonate with fans on an important day like their 10th anniversary.

if twice wants a revival (m not saying that whatever that follows is a guarantee for twice to have a hit, just some ideas!), they need a new vision. i think the company has to get more creeative with things like concept photos, album design, comeback concept, etc. one sparks music video felt kinda eh? alcohol free was visually amazing, or they can be creative along the lines of ttt. i think they need another song similar to feel special, feel special isnt one of my faves (my faves are likey, ttt, more & more, yes or yes, knock knock haha), its elegant and danceable at the same time (also beautiful music video imo).

another HUGE thing. they need to promote it in korea to do decent there. ive noticed with their comebacks post 2020, alcohol free and ttt were the only ones to chart good. (top 10/15 and top 20/30 respectively, which is a decline but still alright), compared to scientist, one spark and set me free, which charted/charting poorly. alcohol free and ttt were the only ones to have many music show performances. (i think set me free has like 2 or 3 but barely any). i mean i dont expect them to be promoting for like a month like rookie groups, but is a week/week and a half of music shows a lot to ask for?

also, the english pre releases need to be cut. they shouldve left it at the feels. i dont think an english single is gonna do any more for twice in america, especially because it seems like theyre barely promoting the english single.

• We literally did not have this conversation. Like ever. Previously we knew that the songs are just mid so conversation was just about that. Now the song is actually okay and has a potential. Get your head out of your ass.

I mean the general conversation of Twice and their songs. We do have it and always ask or discuss the trendiness. I think it’s quite obvious they just aren’t as trendy and don’t try to produce that kind of music as much

• i think it shouldve been released for their 10th anniversary. it feels like something a group would drop before a hiatus (forever 1 vibes, well idk how long snsds hiatus will be but assume itll be long) as much as i like the song, i dont think that type of music is popular atm. especially the friendship galpal vibe they have going on, would resonate with fans on an important day like their 10th anniversary.

they should've saved Celebrate for 10th anniversary. Cause Celebrate is one of their better title tracks in years

• Twice is an old group, they will be a nine years old group this October. The most likely scenario is they will lose more popularity in the next years. But i believe they can survive more than fine with the size of their fandom for many years. Things could have been done better? Sure, but is JYP, this is the best they can do, what can you do about it? nothing. Stop caring too much about charts, touring, album sales, etc etc. Enjoy the time left

• I mean the general conversation of Twice and their songs. We do have it and always ask or discuss the trendiness. I think it’s quite obvious they just aren’t as trendy and don’t try to produce that kind of music as much

Nah, if you look at the responses in this thread and what vzal said, I think general conversation at this point has moved beyond trendiness to "Twice are obviously over(charting wise), how could they have prevented it and is it possible to recover IF it is". That's the conversation now. Cause even if they come up with trendy music it'll start at the bottom and then will have to climb the charts as if they rookies. Just like Viviz, who released the best album this year and even with the song going viral it only managed to rise to top20 on charts.

• I agree with you, most especially the promotion thingy. That was why Alcohol-Free did well, a great K-Pop type song and good promotions in Korea. Pop did well in Korea after promotions as well.

I Got You was amazing for me, just because I'm a ONCE. People who are not ONCEs might not replay that song. I think we should be promoting a title track first AND a b-side that has an MV later on, no more pre-releases. The Feels and Moonlight Sunrise got such amazing numbers compared to Scientist and Set Me Free (and the pre-releases were better than the title as well).

:iloveyoub: BRIGHTWIN FOREVER :iloveyoub: SARAWATTINE FOREVER :iloveyoub: 2GETHER FOREVER :iloveyoub: 

Bom tấn đam mỹ 2gether "đánh úp" bản điện ảnh, cặp BrightWin sắp sửa cưới  nhau hoành tráng?

• Nah, you live in the same "delulu land" as Dreamer. Population 2. I'm not even an "anti" and I'm saying you're a hater. Using your logic I guess that makes it true, Marcia.

It's weird that you think that just because artists are your fave you need to praise everything and never criticize them. Vzal and you think differently. You need to learn to deal with different opinions.

You should have been here during permission to dance era and read armys reaction. The thread is i asume stil here, it's a bop/flop thread and got locked. It was really intense.

You are being extremely childish for facepalming evety opinion you don't like. Like vzal told you, grow up.

• I agree with you, most especially the promotion thingy. That was why Alcohol-Free did well, a great K-Pop type song and good promotions in Korea. Pop did well in Korea after promotions as well.

I Got You was amazing for me, just because I'm a ONCE. People who are not ONCEs might not replay that song. I think we should be promoting a title track first AND a b-side that has an MV later on, no more pre-releases. The Feels and Moonlight Sunrise got such amazing numbers compared to Scientist and Set Me Free (and the pre-releases were better than the title as well).

Here's a neutral opinion from a non once who have no idea what song is a pre-release and tt. I'm not surprised that the feels and moonlight sunrise did well, they are good songs, unlike scientist and set me free, that are really boring. I also don't like one spark, it sounds dated to me. It's about songs.

• This thread contains 5 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!