What do you love the most about your favorite groups and idols?

• If someone asked you this question, what would your response be?

There's been too much nastiness this weekend. Let's spread some good will and good feels instead :send-love-bunny:

The question is kind of loaded, because it's hard to choose one single reason for why a group captures your interest and turns you into a dedicated fan.

For me, what I love most about Mamamoo is their performance skill. From the moment I saw their rookie stage, I knew they were just different. And I have never seen them perform in person and not been even more blown away than I thought I was going to be.

For NewJeans, it's the music for me. There are other things I do love, but this is the core reason for why I became a fan (and to some menace). I legitimately think Hype Boy and Ditto are two of the best K-Pop songs of all time.

• mamamoo had the best immortal songs live performances ever out of all the gg i've seen on that show. and i agree with hype boy. i think the thing i love about yujin the most is that she's pretty, funny and just a cool person in general

• mamamoo had the best immortal songs live performances ever out of all the gg i've seen on that show. and i agree with hype boy. i think the thing i love about yujin the most is that she's pretty, funny and just a cool person in general

Their IS2 performances played a HUGE role in their popularity boom in Korea, and when someone inevitably asks me to show them a Mamamoo performance, I pretty much always show them an IS2 stage. Usually Delilah.

Yunjin is also one of my favorite 4th Gen idols. She's just real without trying hard, hilarious and not overly protective of her idol image. She's such a breath of fresh air

BP and Twice: Music first, then biases like Lisa and Mina.

Izone: Everything except their title songs. I've spent hours watching bts footage, variety shows, fanservice compilation clips, etc. B sides are among the best cutesy songs in the business. They also have four of my top 10 biases in Yuri, Yena, Eunbi and Minju.

So you don't like La vie en Rose or Violeta?

We can't be friends anymore.

• Infinite - where do I start? With them I didn't invest much because by the time I found them they were on hiatus for over 6 years. I loved sungkyus solo and didn't bother to get into anyone else. Trying to stan a group with an unknown future felt hard.

The moment they had their anniversary put out an album and a concert I dropped everything. I watched everything, bought everything, dove into each member. And now I'm hooked.

They are effortlessly funny. Amazing personalities. Plus Woohyuns story really touched me. To not give up after a still to this day, damaged shoulder and cancer and still go out there and do what he does is very touching. I find myself compassionate for him. Anytime I see him cry I end up crying.

I really think people should give Infinites music a chance because they are amazing! I mean I dropped quite a few groups to focus on them something I never thought I'd do.

• LaVienRose is like a 3 out of 10, a literal flop. Violeta (as well as Panorama) is much better but still in the blop range (like a 6 out of 10). Panorama might break into bop range, the lyrics do make me emo for Izone, so it's probably coloring my judgement a little lol.

But it's their B sides that should make folks take notice. They pull off cutesy like old school Twice, they were that good =O

• LaVienRose is like a 3 out of 10, a literal flop. Violeta (as well as Panorama) is much better but still in the blop range (like a 6 out of 10). Panorama might break into bop range, the lyrics do make me emo for Izone, so it's probably coloring my judgement a little lol.

But it's their B sides that should make folks take notice. They pull off cutesy like old school Twice, they were that good =O

There may not be a K-Pop fan on the planet with a bigger difference in taste from mine than yours. Every time I read takes like these I clutch my fist in rage and my head in confusion.

I haven't forgotten your Love Dive slander :pepe-hips:

• There may not be a K-Pop fan on the planet with a bigger difference in taste from mine than yours. Every time I read takes like these I clutch my fist and rage and my head in confusion.

I haven't forgotten your Love Dive slander :pepe-hips:

Yeah you literally NEVER talk about OMG when that is New Jeans' magnum opus omg. Listened to it a few more times and i'm gonna raise it from a 9 to a 10 (i have come to accept that the infernal trap high hat is just an unavoidable staple of modern pop smdh).

Yet you are constantly hyping up Ditto and Hybe Boy, are you sure you arent letting their charting success influence you? :pepestare:

• Yeah you literally NEVER talk about OMG when that is New Jeans' magnum opus omg. Listened to it a few more times and i'm gonna raise it from a 9 to a 10 (i have come to accept that the infernal trap high hat is just an unavoidable staple of modern pop smdh).

Yet you are constantly hyping up Ditto and Hybe Boy, are you sure you arent letting their charting success influence you? :pepestare:

I like OMG, but I don't love it. NewJeans' Magnum Opus is definitely Hype Boy, and no, I did not success stan that song. I'm probably in the top 0.0001% of listeners for Hype Boy across all platforms :pepe-laser-eyes:

And Ditto? It's simply divine. To follow up a masterpiece with another masterpiece?

I love their music so much :holding-back-tears:

Get your ears checked old man :rolleyes:

• I love Stray Kids for so many things. Apart from the obvious "music" and "skills" reasons, I appreciate their artistic vision and their mindset on how there isn't a wrong answer for music.

They are aware about what some people say about them and the previous advices about how they should've gone to a certain route to find success and they still were stubborn and chose what they believed. And maybe If they weren't like that, they wouldn't be where they are today and wouldn't produce songs I love so much.

On top of that, I love their "Take it or leave it" energy and how they strongly embrace their identity as group. It's like saying "If you like our style, if you like our songs, welcome, follow us!" or "Oh, you don't like, It's okay, we can deal with that, but there's nothing we can do, we aren't changing". It's so cool of them.

Bankai: Minazuki

85e1d14897360f5af5426181e6b1e605126ab548.gifv

• For me with Stray Kids it's music, then performances.

I like that they have a clear artistic identity that they double down on, even as they get bigger. I got into them because not only was it catchy, creative and interesting, but they stood out. That being said, they wouldn't my fav if they weren't able to produce different types of songs too. Their versatility makes it so that I find (most) their albums amazing. Actually my favorite 2023 song is close to a ballad, it's so good.

Also they've strong stage presence and work so well together as a team which shows. And I've been blown away with their live vocals and how stable they are despite high energy choreo. In addition, they're so.. playful? They interact with and hype the crowd well and will change/play around with lyrics/ad-libs etc. They're just all around really good at what they do. I definitely see them as worth it to go see in concert.

• Stray Kids: The members bond and their humor, their music, their YouTube content, bang chan, and 3racha.

Riize: The members visuals, their music, Anton Lee, their humor

Blackpink: Their MV's and music

New Jeans: their music and the member's visuals and personalities

Twice: Their longevity

- Individual idols -

Anton from Riize: His nose

Bang Chan: His dimples

Hanni: Her smile

Rose: Her singing

✰ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 🌷🌷🌷♡ ♡ ♡🌷🌷🌷 ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✰

c84b43c6d23bf4bc277ebcd8e1c37de5.jpgStory pin image

• BTS :

lyricism,

storytelling,

versatility in sound and performance (they can pull off many concepts)

every rapper in the group has a distinct style,

every vocal is also distinct and unique,

overall i'd say their individuality is very strong,

and yet still their teamwork is stronger,

they represent growth to me

because they've grown as people, you can see it in the way they write

which means that their music has also grown

they are passionate about music

and are sincere

I wish to end this winter, how much longing must fall like snow before that spring day arrives?Spring Day

160837-for-gif

• the music, for NewJeans. without the music there isn't much to draw me in from outside kpop. other groups may have better dancers, "stage presence", more fanservice, MVs, whatever, but the music never hits enough to keep me interested. too much going on, no focus, no curation.

it's all just taste but at the end of the day, it's their relative restraint that keep me coming back for more

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!