Anyone else find it ironic that the ones who cry most about Hybe/Playlisting/Big Company privilege are OG Big 3 stans?

• You wouldn't believe the number of blinks I've seen that truly think blackpink debuted straight out of a garage or something, the revisionism is insane, just so they can say that newjeans are 1000× more privileged than bp ever were :skull: like they can both be extremely privileged groups, and having better opportunities is not a bad thing at all, most groups can only dream of debuting under the conditions bp and newjeans did

• Kakao had nothing to do with Loen, which was the company IU was in until they bought them in 2016. Sistar was

under starship entertainment and was bought by kakao in 2013 and had several hits before that.

IU was dominating six years before kakao m was a thing. And loen where never good at marketing as evident by the fact that their entertainment divison only really ever had success with IU, despite countless attempts and failures with other acts before and after her debut. Loen was primarily a music distribution company.

Leon owned Melon since 2009. IU first #1 was in guess what year???

Also "So Cool was released on August 9, 2011, through Starship Entertainment and LOEN Entertainment in South Korea physically and digitally and worldwide for digital download." They most probably distributed through them since debut. Also Sistar's first #1 was in guess what year???

So same same.

Also just because I am using the charting data of a certain group who people are calling flops doesn't mean I am a fan of their company. The charting data is just useful to highlight comparatively how other groups are doing globally.

Edited 2 times, last by K-PL ().

• Leon owned Melon since 2009. IU first #1 was in guess what year???

Also "So Cool was released on August 9, 2011, through Starship Entertainment and LOEN Entertainment in South Korea physically and digitally and worldwide for digital download." They most probably distributed through them since debut. Also Sistar's first #1 was in guess what year???

So same same.

Also just because I am using the charting data of a certain group who people are calling flops doesn't mean I am a fan of their company. They are just useful to highlight comparatively how another group is doing globally.

there is a reason why no one uses melon anymore. frauds everywhere and everyone.

• You wouldn't believe the number of blinks I've seen that truly think blackpink debuted straight out of a garage or something, the revisionism is insane, just so they can say that newjeans are 1000× more privileged than bp ever were :skull: like they can both be extremely privileged groups, and having better opportunities is not a bad thing at all, most groups can only dream of debuting under the conditions bp and newjeans did

that's because BP had the privilege that any group under the big 3 had no more no less.

I think people really want to push this agenda for reasons. Debuting under a big company was the privilege if anything YG could have given them more promo during their debut. I wish they had more privilege lol like a year after their debut they only released a song.Heck, their first mini album was released in 2018

blackpink were put into TTH years after their debut and they also became global ambassadors a few years after they proved their individual popularity it took time for blackpink. When they debited twice was #1 for a few years until bp blew up

• Leon owned Melon since 2009. IU first #1 was in guess what year???

So same same.

Ah yes, the old argument of IU reason for success being because melon put her there

If loen owning melon had anything to do with IU sucess why didnt all their other acts ever find any success and why did IU always top every single service in korea, not just melon? They were an utter failure as an entertainment agency with the sole exception of IU, who basically kept the label division alive by herself until kakao aquired them in 2016.

If they could so easily put anyone at the top, why didnt they? Instead the only two songs to debut from their artists that had any decent perfomance was two songs that featured IU herself (and when i say featured i mean IU was basically 50% the songs), for that was their only way they knew how to market and find any success, by using IU.

And of course sistar was distributed through loen like the majority of all korean music was (they are still the biggest distributor of korean music to this day) no matter what label it was under. They were not responsible for sistar or other labels training, creative process, marketing or promotion in anyway. As a distribution company for other labels their only job is to distribute music physically and digital rights via their channels. And they were a distribution company before they aquired melon, as melon itself have nothing to do with distribution.

Loen back then was nothing like Kakao M is today.

Edited 7 times, last by Kreatin ().

• there is a reason why no one uses melon anymore. frauds everywhere and everyone.

By any estimate they still have at least a 25% market share in korea, about the same as youtube. These two are by far the biggest music services domestically.

Would you say that spotify, which have a 30% global market share, is not used by anyone?

• i think it’s hard for big3 stans especially sm stans to accept that a group like bts could make such huge waves and topple the entire industry over. it’s hard for someone who is always winning, to accept defeat at the hands of an underdog. bts came completely out of the syllabus 😅 as a defense mechanism to get back at bts, they repeatedly try dragging every other group that debuts under hybe to scratch that itch. i think it’s great hybe is doing the most for their groups. it’s a cut throat industry and you need to be ten steps ahead of everyone else in the game. this hybe domination does not sit well with them lol. first it was bts eating up everyone for years straight but now that they’re off to the military, it’s newjeans and seventeen. I would be mad too if i were them.

• that's because BP had the privilege that any group under the big 3 had no more no less.

I think people really want to push this agenda for reasons. Debuting under a big company was the privilege if anything YG could have given them more promo during their debut. I wish they had more privilege lol like a year after their debut they only released a song.Heck, their first mini album was released in 2018

blackpink were put into TTH years after their debut and they also became global ambassadors a few years after they proved their individual popularity it took time for blackpink. When they debited twice was #1 for a few years until bp blew up

The big3 privilege doesnt refer to the number of releases one gets. It refers to the amount of ressources, connections, opportunities and exposure you immediatly access as a big3 artist.

The smallest of the company could give their artists a new release every week if they felt like it, it would be useless if no one tunes in.

• Honestly, I'm happy in a way that RBW did a shit job with Mamamoo, because at a company like HYBE, JYP or YG, Mamamoo would be still talented, but overhyped like BTS, TWICE or Blackpink and that means, toxic fandom and less freedom! A lot of people say Mamamoo is a "nugu" group, but they would be their "biggest fan" if they are a group from the BIG 3. Other fandoms were afraid of them since the beginning, even now. This toxic behavior is all about fear that your faves won't be on the top. With Mamamoo we don't need that, because talent won't fade away. Other fandoms know that hype will, eventually. That's why they're always fighting with each other.

• What is this rant, as if people don't use it against big 3 group! To this day the most hated group is BP. So enjoy the fact that your fave got hidden payola,until they can prove otherwise.

• What is this rant, as if people don't use it against big 3 group! To this day the most hated group is BP. So enjoy the fact that your fave got hidden payola,until they can prove otherwise.

Ain't nobody got time for that.

When NewJeans is breaking another BP record or creating their own new records, no Tokki on the planet is going to think "I better prove it's not payola before I celebrate this!!!"

:boompepe:

Honestly, I'm happy in a way that RBW did a shit job with Mamamoo, because at a company like HYBE, JYP or YG, Mamamoo would be still talented, but overhyped like BTS, TWICE or Blackpink and that means, toxic fandom and less freedom! A lot of people say Mamamoo is a "nugu" group, but they would be their "biggest fan" if they are a group from the BIG 3. Other fandoms were afraid of them since the beginning, even now. This toxic behavior is all about fear that your faves won't be on the top. With Mamamoo we don't need that, because talent won't fade away. Other fandoms know that hype will, eventually. That's why they're always fighting with each other.

Well, I'll push back a little bit on the narrative about RBW. They actually did a brilliant job promoting Mamamoo when they were rookies and still trying to build their popularity. No MooMoo had a bad thing to say about RBW circa 2014-2016.

It was when RBW wanted to prove they weren't the "Mamamoo company" to their shareholders that their efforts to promote the girls went in the toilet, to detriment of all the RBW artists ultimately.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!