Anyone else find it ironic that the ones who cry most about Hybe/Playlisting/Big Company privilege are OG Big 3 stans?

• I can't be the only one who's sees this, right? Unless you primarily stan groups from mid-sized companies and smaller, do you know how tone deaf you have to be to whine about the competitive advantages of a big company, when you yourself stan groups from companies that have exploited that advantage for literal decades? :boompepe:

I'm sorry, but if BTS never turned into the biggest group in K-Pop history, and Hybe faded into irrelevance like so many other small companies during third generation, which companies do you think would be on top right now?

Take out Hybe. Which companies have the best resources, financials and industry connections, etc.?

Every time I see people whining about playlisting, it's almost always someone who stans a group from the OG Big 3 (particularly during 2nd and 3rd gen).

Have some shame and lose the audacity :pepe-hips:

• Why would it be tone deaf isn’t it the opposite and esp being a MMM stan who are known to cry about privilege every step of the way shouldn’t you understand it the best :pepe-joy:

Anyway kpop is a company product so for me crying about privilege means nothing but i felt that in 3rd gen when people like MMM Stan’s complained about it and I feel it now too when big3 fans complain about it.

Every bit of everything kpop idols achieve is because of the company.

• Why would it be tone deaf isn’t it the opposite and esp being a MMM stan who are known to cry about privilege every step of the way shouldn’t you understand it the best :pepe-joy:

Anyway kpop is a company product so for me crying about privilege means nothing but i felt that in 3rd gen when people like MMM Stan’s complained about it and I feel it now too when big3 fans complain about it.

Every bit of everything kpop idols achieve is because of the company.

I only see MooMoos, especially newer MooMoos, complaining about Mamamoo's OWN company, RBW, not the other larger companies. They bash them for not investing into marketing their artists enough, neglecting the global fanbase and generally putting minimal effort into anything not related to song production. I think most of those are legitimate.

I also bitterly acknowledge that it is the talent in the company that makes or breaks the long-term success of our favorite groups, for the most part. Hybe was smart enough to poach the best talents. Which happens all the time in any competitive industry, not just K-Pop.

But come on. Big 3 stans whining about big company privilege is just a bad look.

• This is all because big 3 stans are losing their minds over the fact that HYBE is bigger than them now. They whine and cry about playlisting and whatever random fraudulent thing they can come up with because they are bitter. Like do they know the call is coming from inside the house?? They do not have the 'control' over kpop fans now, HYBE does! they have to bow down to the real kings and we all know big 3 stans (especially SM stans) will die before they even say anything good about HYBE. I don't even care about HYBE, but I wonder if some big 3 stans remember how evil they were years ago when they would bully other groups who were nugu.

• I only see MooMoos, especially newer MooMoos, complaining about Mamamoo's OWN company, RBW, not the other larger companies. They bash them for not investing into marketing their artists enough, neglecting the global fanbase and generally putting minimal effort into anything not related to song production. I think most of those are legitimate.

I also bitterly acknowledge that it is the talent in the company that makes or breaks the long-term success of our favorite groups, for the most part. Hybe was smart enough to poach the best talents. Which happens all the time in any competitive industry, not just K-Pop.

But come on. Big 3 stans whining about big company privilege is just a bad look.

Nah they’re one of the foremost fandom to talk about big company privilege being the top of the mid company brigade.

Not really to be honest it’s as expected. It’s more ironic that say armys who did the most of this type of complaining back in the day and who are now stanning these other HYBE groups talking about others complaining about privilege that’s more ironic.

You gotta take what you dish out no. Every single HYBE group will be dragged extensively for privilege because that’s what the founding fandom of the company did to others. And as we all know in kpop we love to “pay back” or whatever it is lol.

• Its the nature of the game. Having more gets you more ( like most things in life). Its not like a small indie artist from a small label will have a fair shot at getting on the korean charts either without extremely good luck/timing. They can't come close to even the poorest of idol labels resources.

Personally I dislike paid playlisting and the influence they do have from a chart perspective because i think it makes it harder to look at data and see actual real popularity, ie what is the music that people actually seek out and listen to. But in that regard, playlisting is basically just the evolution of radio play.

It is nothing new and its not going anywhere and in the end its really no different from having an MV budget of millions of usd, ad buys, tv show appearances etc.

• if you have the means then why not use it? unless some company is paying to get a competitor's stuff taken off yt or spotify or something then like whatever

• Nah they’re one of the foremost fandom to talk about big company privilege being the top of the mid company brigade.

Not really to be honest it’s as expected. It’s more ironic that say armys who did the most of this type of complaining back in the day and who are now stanning these other HYBE groups talking about others complaining about privilege that’s more ironic.

You gotta take what you dish out no. Every single HYBE group will be dragged extensively for privilege because that’s what the founding fandom of the company did to others. And as we all know in kpop we love to “pay back” or whatever it is lol.

I'm just a humble MooMoo who has been rooting for their success since the days when only a few dozen fans would watch them perform in a local park. I'm personally proud of how far they've climbed since those days without hardly any advantage compared to big company groups, but I've never attacked those company's groups simply because of the company they debuted from.

It's all anecdotal, but MooMoos in my circle never did that either. Must b a twitter thing.

Getting back on topic, it's just weird to see the group of people, who spent most of 3rd gen almost bragging about their Big 3 privilege and gatekeeping , now crying it's unfair how dominant Hybe has become

• I'm just a humble MooMoo who has been rooting for their success since the days when only a few dozen fans would watch them perform in a local park. I'm personally proud of how far they've climbed since those days without hardly any advantage compared to big company groups, but I've never attacked those company's groups simply because of the company they debuted from.

It's all anecdotal, but MooMoos in my circle never did that either. Must b a twitter thing.

Getting back on topic, it's just weird to see the group of people, who spent most of 3rd gen almost bragging about their Big 3 privilege and gatekeeping , now crying it's unfair how dominant Hybe has become

You feel this way and I feel the other. Lol. A company filled with fans known to cry about privilege will deservingly get the same treatment back from others.

For me personally ofc I see everything kpop groups achieve as a company product any way so both win and loss is because of the company.

• Hybe has advantages globally as they can use the know how and network that they built up for BTS for their other groups.

However Kakao dominates in social marketing/marketing in South Korea. Its been in place for the last 10 yearswith IU and even Sistar when under Kakao dominating every comeback. Note the resurgence of Aespa after Kakao bought SM, and Karina is as popular as Wonyoung now and getting way more new major CFs... all in less than 12 months.

• What are the other 4?

4. Bubble/reverse/vlive etc the fact that interacting and entertaining fans is now part of the job description

3. I'm very aware of foreheads now and it's disturbing

2. The way they ruined truck protests

1. The 3AM abused animal infomercial set to Sarah McLaughlin music level guilt tripping we get for not voting

BLACKPINKJESSICANEWJEANSSEJEONGTHE ROSETWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKA

6132d756b0e360d7f0e2a150433f78a825286b3e.webp

• Hybe has advantages globally as they can use the know how and network that they built up for BTS for their other groups.

However Kakao dominates in social marketing/marketing in South Korea. Its been in place for the last 10 yearswith IU and even Sistar when under Kakao dominating every comeback. Note the resurgence of Aespa after Kakao bought SM, and Karina is as popular as Wonyoung now and getting way more new major CFs... all in less than 12 months.

Kakao had nothing to do with Loen, which was the company IU was in until they bought them in 2016. Sistar was

under starship entertainment and was bought by kakao in 2013 and had several hits before that.

IU was dominating six years before kakao m was a thing. And loen where never good at marketing as evident by the fact that their entertainment divison only really ever had success with IU, despite countless attempts and failures with other acts before and after her debut. Loen was primarily a music distribution company.

• Kakao had nothing to do with Loen, which was the company IU was in until they bought them in 2016. Sistar was

under starship entertainment and was bought by kakao in 2013 and had several hits before that.

IU was dominating six years before kakao m was a thing. And loen where never good at marketing as evident by the fact that their entertainment divison only really ever had success with IU, despite countless attempts and failures with other acts before and after her debut. Loen was primarily a music distribution company.

I wouldn’t take what KPL says seriously they don’t really know anything about kpop charting. They are just a YG stan triggered that YG literally have no relevance in Korea any more lol.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!