Hybe's new group TWS is charting on Melon. Is BG music making a comeback into Korean mindshare?

• Will BGs trend again? 30

1. Yes, BGs are going to rise in 5th gen (14) 47%
    2. Yes, but they won't go further than that (8) 27%
    3. No, those groups are just lucky and will fall soon (4) 13%
    4. No, BGs will flop even more than 4th gen (2) 7%
    5. Undecided (2) 7%

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

They debuted a week ago and they are charting already. I don't think it's fandom power, seems like GP is clicking with their music

One month ago we had EXO winter hit first snow dominating the charts. Riize is also on top 10 and of course we have Day6 climbing

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Are koreans warming up to BG music again or is this just a fluke they will end soon? Discuss

• Knetz said that Plot Twist is just so refreshing and it's a perfect song to start the school year soon.

Pledis did a great job with TWS concept, and their debut album is really good. Shinyu, Dohoon are the visual members gaining attention too. Wouldn't it be also Hybe bg breakthrough since TXT. I do predict their other rookie bg BND will score a hit next comeback since they experienced a rise with But Sometimes recently.

:pepe-shrug:

As for 5th gen, RIIZE is also close to gaining national hit. Expect the anticipated Ador bg to debut on every chart since debut day. Let's see how the next upcoming JYP Loud, Cube nbg do.

:spammerpepe::pepe-peek::pepe-toast:

Just realized TWS is on the run for main ROTY a grand slam in every major shows atp.

pepe-ooh

• imo its the style of music.

Noise music = low or no charting

Fun, happy, repeatable public friendly music = higher charting

Last year, seventeen and bss charted fairly high with public friendly songs.

• I have faith in BND. Their music is good and they are talented. Hopefully they will release a hit with their next comeback

• Melon has shrunk so much in the last 5 years it's not the achievement it was in 2018.

It's a dinosaur at this point.

YG Family

1080x360

*Disclaimer I don't read responses to my posts unless I've replied to you before. If that offends you BLOCK ME. It's not my job to police your feelings.

• Oh interesting. Good to know. I also feel it’s the vacancy created by BTS enlisting. This is the first time in quite a while there has been a vacuum. Even Dream and 17 had their first ever long charting songs last year because of BTS’s imminent departure/winding down of activities.

People are now exploring multiple BG’s. Good for BG’s.

• Think BGs are more popular now than they've been the last few years, but I also think companies have gotten better at chart manipulation.

• External Content x.com

It's just debut week but the rising peak is crazy

:pepe-tea:

• External Content x.com

They just hit top 50 real time peak in all charts. We haven't witnessed a boy group debut blow up fast like this in a very long time. This is crazy lmao.

Internationally, not too bad, hope they rise.

External Content x.com

• They will compete directly with Riize in Korea for the title of the biggest BG it seems

• Honestly I believe it’s mostly about promotion for BG. I was in Korea when Get a Guitar was released and they got a lot of promotion, I feel like they were everywhere even offline. Usually it’s not like that for BG. I believe most agencies are cheap because they know they already have the fandom.

Usually except if you’re a K-pop stan, you wouldn’t know there’s a BG comeback.

Im not in Korea anymore but I wouldn’t be surprised if Pledis put a lot of money on TWS since SVT will enlist soon, they will need to replace them.

Edited 2 times, last by LCJK ().

• Honestly I believe it’s mostly about promotion for BG. I was in Korea when Get a Guitar was released and they got a lot of promotion, I feel like they were everywhere even offline. Usually it’s not like that for BG. I believe most agencies are cheap because they know they already have the fandom.

Usually except if you’re a K-pop stan, you wouldn’t know there’s a BG comeback.

Im not in Korea anymore but I wouldn’t be surprised if Pledis put a lot of money on TWS since SVT will enlist soon, they will need to replace them.

What kind of promotions you're talking

• 4Th gen bgs did so much better on Spotify while these new bgs are doing so much better on kcharts at least riize and tws.

If they are doing well in kchart means they'll flop on Spotify. If they do good on Spotify they'll flop on kcharts. No balance

MASHIRO

2aa8ee22f2804d638330929636b03d1a3375e4f7.gifv 5d5af69566f510634a33f7872a6a1d2060660504.gifv 2aa8ee22f2804d638330929636b03d1a3375e4f7.gifv 2345da50879ac97ff52e1aad2faeecbfbd68798a.gifv 2aa8ee22f2804d638330929636b03d1a3375e4f7.gifv 56959991afe4d396e38842dc0e1e20e6f89ab0b6.gifv 2aa8ee22f2804d638330929636b03d1a3375e4f7.gifv

• They are rising fast

• it's looking really bright and promising for 5th gen boy groups, i am really happy for them! i have enjoyed all of tws, riize and boynextdoor music so far. hopefully this happens to 4th gen bgs too

• TWS is a hybe group. Not to mention aespa debuted with like 700k streams at debut but riize struggling for 500k on release day of that love 119. Maybe concept has no hype for international stans

I meant only Boygroups

I agree TWS being from Hybe should do better on international streams, they numbers are bad so far but they can fix it

Riize international numbers are increasing as well. I don't think it's a concept thing, TxT release colour pop songs and do well. Riize needs more upbeat songs and their streams will increase I think

• Doubt you would make such statment if it was Treasure charting

If you actually put your brain to work you will notice they are indeed charting in other services not only Melon

Get over this saltiness just because YG groups are bombing

I'm someone who is not into charts and have no idea how artists are doing on them. I sometimes read charting threads but forget everything lol.

If melon is a dinosaur and it's not the achievement it once was, can you tell me how yge artists are doing internationally? Have treasure and babymonster charted on spotify global?

• This thread contains 3 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!