Midzy are angry towards Div2 and JYP

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

MidzyTaglist

• Even NMIXX fan got pity for us :skull:

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Nswers really should not be saying anything.

But, let's hope JYPE listens because it really makes no sense how we have not gotten any decent promotions this year. No solo promotions other than the magazine shoots and not even any groups promotions really either!

Makes no sense. They weren't touring ALL year, so where they hell were they for all the other months?

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• They weren't touring ALL year, so where they hell were they for all the other months?

here :skull:

[🔴LIVE] 01즈 메이트 류진이를 위한 령채의 한식 꿀조합🍯🍽 Korean Food Combo Cookbang & Mukbang LIVE Part.2
    [🔴LIVE] 01즈 메이트 류진이를 위한 령채의 한식 꿀조합🍯🍽 Korean Food Combo Cookbang & Mukbang LIVE Part.2🎬 MV https://youtu.be/zugAhfd2r0g🎧 TITLE http://kko.to/OACKMtlBJg💿...
    www.youtube.com

• I don't know what they want tho?

better songs?

for me I really liked Loco

I also liked Voltage, the japanese single

rather than complaining they should think that ITZY are working really hard and have that work and possibilities provided

there are some groups which need to wait 12, 18 or even more months to just make a comeback

even in shorter breaks look for example for how long aespa was sidelined and their comeback was pushed back

as someone who fkn waited for sooooo long for groups like fromis_9 and Everglow, and still waiting for next Evg comeback then seriously sometimes I don't know what kpop fans want/expect from agency?

External Content www.youtube.com

• We want a comeback. Lmfao?!

Everglow fans want a comeback too! So, what do you mean you don't know what we want?!

It's crazy that you even mentioned Everglow since we all know how terribly promoted they are. Why in the hell would Midzy not be upset if ITZY were to be promoted like them? MYs were mad about AESPA not coming back too!

JYPE groups typically comeback twice year, and ITZY has had weird comeback schedules ever since last year. They are selling well (tours and albums), so it makes no sense for them to not be having regular promotions. Especially when they have members that the GP actually like and want to see!

It'd be one thing if this was YG, but the one benefit to stanning a JYPE group is they have a history of having consistent and regular content for their artists. The quality of that content can be argued, but still.

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• Guys are you serious to pretend they're is no problem ? I mean even ITZY are complaining and shading JYPE and Div2 in their live often ;judgingpepe:

They've asked to write songs and get more involved since 2 years now, the only think they got is live cooking cause yeah women can't write lyrics they can only cook ;judgingpepe:

that shouldn't be a problem

just have a proper sit down and tell them it

of course we don't know what's going on there

and I think that after TWICE, the JYP himself kind of dived into ITZY in a way that he is doing some moves behind the scenes about songs

remember that time when he said that he likes their song

they've asked oh this comeback?

and he said, no you know, the next song

Man, this nsmwers are getting really bold.

• that shouldn't be a problem

just have a proper sit down and tell them it

Ah yes i think they never think about it. Did you know what Div2 is at least ? It's the team that managed before GOT7 we saw how it all ended and guess what ? many GOT7 fans say that ITZY is following exactly the same path.

It may even be worse since the beginning of NMIXX they reduced the staff of div2 there is very little staff now.

Pretending that everything is fine and defending this agency while the idols themselves are complaining...

• Guys are you serious to pretend they're is no problem ? I mean even ITZY are complaining and shading JYPE and Div2 in their live often ;judgingpepe:

They've asked to write songs and get more involved since 2 years now, the only think they got is live cooking cause yeah women can't write lyrics they can only cook ;judgingpepe:

maybe their song write skills aren't good enough and even if they write a couple of lines it won't magically make them popular among the public. They will still be in same condition as they are now.

• Man, this nsmwers are getting really bold.

Even NMIXX fan got pity for us :skull:

didn't nmixx ended up outcharting itzy last comeback?

• Tbh midzys are just misdirecting their anger and frustration at jyp, people have just become bored of itzy, that's why their comebacks go pretty much unnoticed and without much impact, it is what it is. Unless itzy do some huge change in their music style/direction or some form of rebranding, their condition will stay the same, most likely they will just keep getting more and more irrelevant as time passes and new ggs debut

• Tbh midzys are just misdirecting their anger and frustration at jyp, people have just become bored of itzy, that's why their comebacks go pretty much unnoticed and without much impact, it is what it is. Unless itzy do some huge change in their music style/direction or some form of rebranding, their condition will stay the same, most likely they will just keep getting more and more irrelevant as time passes and new ggs debut

If all we cared about was charting, most MIDZY would have dropped them at Cheshire.

If they are so boring, why are you even here lol?

• I'm not saying div2 is great

but in same time let's not even compare ITZY and GOT7

pretty sure that boys didn't ever get as much possibilities like girls get

• A lot of them already did

I like yeji and like giving my expert opinion, also mandatory fake concern.

I know you're a troll, but you literally have no basis to back up that claim.

And like I said, can't be too boring if they still have AKP's fake concern.

• All JYP fandoms keep bitching about JYP on their own but won't unite together. It literally became a mistreatment competition. If only people saw what I've been telling here for ages, that JYP business model is the core problem. Profit margins are core problem. Nothing is gonna change until JYP lowers their profit margin and focus on growth instead.

• It’s not about the lack of music. It’s just Jyp doesn’t know what to do with them anymore. The way LSR is basically Itzy 2.0 with a better execution is embarrassing.

This is true too.

The transition from Not Shy to MITM to Loco to Sneakers to Cheshire...was interesting.

I still love MITM, Loco, and Sneakers, but those songs don't really have much in common.

• I think the issue is also JYP having 4 girl groups... Twice, Itzy, Nmixx, Niziu and the challenge of trying to give each individually a unique identity and direction...and arguably resources.

As unique as we think each individual concepts are initially, groups have to change things up each concept a bit and from there, naturally things blend and lines blurr...

I think this has became a case of JYP bit off more than he can chew.

• I think the issue is also JYP having 4 girl groups... Twice, Itzy, Nmixx, Niziu and the challenge of trying to give each individually a unique identity and direction...and arguably resources.

As unique as we think each individual concepts are initially, groups have to change things up each concept a bit and from there, naturally things blend and lines blurr...

I think this has became a case of JYP bit off more than he can chew.

Lol, it's only going to get worse then since they are supposed to be debuting another GG this year or next year.

I still remember how NMIXX had an Alice in Wonderland themed comeback last year, and then ITZY came back with Cheshire a few months later. :clown:

• Lol, it's only going to get worse then since they are supposed to be debuting another GG this year or next year.

I still remember how NMIXX had an Alice in Wonderland themed comeback last year, and then ITZY came back with Cheshire a few months later. :clown:

At this point JYP is just throwing a buncha darts at the target and hoping something stick.

A new GG simply doesn't offer enough for generate a completely different customer segment, it'll simply divide and dilute the fans further.

• At this point JYP is just throwing a buncha darts at the target and hoping something stick.

A new GG simply doesn't offer enough for generate a completely different customer segment, it'll simply divide and dilute the fans further.

They are supposed to be American I think, but we all know who are going to be the ones supporting this group when they debut.

Me adding another JYPE GG to my stan list despite knowing all this: :pepe-clown-gear: :pepe-clown-walk:

• As a neutral observer, all I'm confused about is the other thread (admittedly troll thread) about how Itzy's fading away and everyone's going "nah they're better then ever, more sales, bigger fandom, touring great" then this thread its "woah itzy being mismanaged songs suck blah blah blah".

Surely if their fandom is growing and their album sales and touring is strong they aren't being mismanaged?

• As a neutral observer, all I'm confused about is the other thread (admittedly troll thread) about how Itzy's fading away and everyone's going "nah they're better then ever, more sales, bigger fandom, touring great" then this thread its "woah itzy being mismanaged songs suck blah blah blah".

Surely if their fandom is growing and their album sales and touring is strong they aren't being mismanaged?

For me, the issue is consistency. ITZY is doing great, but they can do better.

They have a strong fan base that supports them but are lacking in consistency with the GP and individual brand leverage.

Those are my issues.

• That tweet kind of pisses me off, mainly for the same reasons Bartkun and Disturbia said

The fandom is good at pointing out what JYP is doing wrong, but offers, as a collective statement, no real ideas or specific "demands".

pasted-from-clipboard.png

This means nothing. Gives nothing. "implement robust measures to improve marketing plans, promotion strategies, and the utilization of new strategic moves"? What Robust measures would they be? How, exactly, should JYP improve marketing plans, promo strategies and utilization of new strategic moves?

"While other companies, divisions and management teams within the entertainment industry have been evolving, striving for improvement, and exploring new strategies, JYPE and Division 2 have failed to keep pace with these advancements."

Cool. What are some examples? What new strategies?

The problem with making open ended, ill defined "demands" like this is that it allows the demand makers to either take the glory if JYP makes changes and they work, or worse... if JYP makes changes and they dont work, the demand makers can wash their hands of blame and go "uh uh, thats not what we wanted, no wonder it didn't work, BAKA JYP".

I've been a union rep a few times and been involved in successful strikes, industrial actions and bargaining agreements against my employers. When organising action, it is vital you have specific demands. We want this, this, this and especially this. We don't say "We want a payrise!!", we say "We expect a payrise of at least 3% per annum, in line with current industry standards and equal to similarly classed workers in other states". We dont say "We want more time off!", it's "we demand an extension of paid maternity leave to include paid paternity leave of a minimum of three weeks. We also seek an extension of valid sick leave to include separate leave entitlements for workers with Covid".

You go to the table with specifics, and negotiate around them.

Not sure of you're only pretending to not get a complex opinion or just pretending

• individual brand leverage.

That's not a Div 2 problem, that's just how JYP operates.

People under JYP get very low solo leverage, solo opportunities. That's part of their business model - the idols are always group focused, mainly for internal reasons - they have more leverage over the idols and money activities if most of that is channeled through group (album sales, tours) and they rely on fandom activities as the major money spinner.

So the real request is "JYP turn into a different company". I mean I 100% understand criticisms with the approach from a fan's perspective, because the JYP method locks the idol into the group with very low solo growth opportunity. But I feel that's kind of on people for being fans of a JYP group. None of this strategy is new.

• That's not a Div 2 problem, that's just how JYP operates.

People under JYP get very low solo leverage, solo opportunities. That's part of their business model - the idols are always group focused, mainly for internal reasons - they have more leverage over the idols and money activities if most of that is channeled through group (album sales, tours) and they rely on fandom activities as the major money spinner.

So the real request is "JYP turn into a different company". I mean I 100% understand criticisms with the approach from a fan's perspective, because the JYP method locks the idol into the group with very low solo growth opportunity. But I feel that's kind of on people for being fans of a JYP group. None of this strategy is new.

Yes, that's JYPE's strategy, but I don't follow JYPE groups for their marketing strategies. I like how JYPE builds their groups and what they look for in their artists, but not how they promote them.

JYPE may never change their strategy, doesn't mean I can't complain and be unsatisfied. You asked a question and I answered. :wellr:

• This thread contains 36 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!