When will these pre-released trends die? I'm tired of them already

• It existed before, but at least in one year, only one or two groups were doing it. Now, everyone is jumping into the trend, and every comeback comes with pre-releases.

Can we just go back to the old days when you got everything on the exact comeback day? Not gonna lie, these pre-releases only kill my expectations most of the time.

If the songs are catchy, and they're certain it'll be a hit, it's fine. But seriously, what's the purpose of dropping B-side material songs?

• If the songs are catchy, and they're certain it'll be a hit, it's fine. But seriously, what's the purpose of dropping B-side material songs?

that's literally just every song right?

companies release music that they think it will be a hit and sometimes they are and other times they aren't and sometimes they'll flop no?

• Its like having a 2nd title track, but if it flops, you can use the excuse that its a pre-release.

NJ has been different, in that they release their strongest song as the earlier pre-release, whilst most will release their better song last.

• Complaining about receiving more content is just bizarre to me. Sure, you can "get everything" on the day of the album release, but then you're just getting less "everything" than if there were a pre-release with its own MV and whatever else they do to promote it. And guess what, that song is still going to be on the album, whether you would've liked it as a pre-release or not. I also don't understand how it can kill expectations for the title track or the rest of the album. Do you expect all of the songs to sound the same?

As a westerner who is used to getting multiple singles from every album, I say bring on the pre-releases! It would be even better if they actually promoted multiple songs from each album as proper singles, but Kpop isn't ready for that.

• sorry not here for fast food type of kpop releases. I rather the group focus on promoting most out of an album and knowing the current streaming-heavy scene, more logical to do prerelease + title track than title track + follow up.

Not everyone can make follow up huge, exceptional cases are limited like LSRF Eve and Omg Dolphin

• I prefer when the title track is released and promoted 1st, and they promote another song of the album as a follow-up later on.

• It existed before, but at least in one year, only one or two groups were doing it. Now, everyone is jumping into the trend, and every comeback comes with pre-releases.

Can we just go back to the old days when you got everything on the exact comeback day? Not gonna lie, these pre-releases only kill my expectations most of the time.

If the songs are catchy, and they're certain it'll be a hit, it's fine. But seriously, what's the purpose of dropping B-side material songs?

Agree 100%

It kills part of the buzz. They also don't have full buzz like a proper release, so it takes away part of the fun for me of a proper comeback. If they want to do an MV for every song on the album after the title song release, that's fine with me.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!